My online slots videos (plus UK AWPs)

Hi Jono is MFMEV20.1 installed and working independently of Arcade Simulator?

Arcade Simulator by itself doesn't actually emulate the machines, it relies on MFME to provide the core emulation. when you're walking around the arcade and seeing the machines in attract mode what you're actually seeing is a kind of clever 'cheat' that the simulator does to make it look like there are a load of working machines there, when you walk up to a machine and press ENTER, that's when Arcade Simulator will try to invoke MFME to begin the actual emulation of that machine.

Hi Chopley

MAME is installed and working independently, however on closer inspection it seems it maybe version 2.0.

I have a couple of ROMS downloads already which I can play directly through MAME. When in the arcade, I can walk round and see all the machines in attract mode, the problems start when it comes to actually playing them.

After choosing a machine, I press <Enter> and it 'greys out' but then won't boot up and freezes, leaving the machine with <Esc> returns to the arcade but as I say without being able to play the machines.

Edit: Updated MAME and all working correctly now, thanks a million mate :thumbsup:

Edit II: Just having a play around and noticed the arcade has only gone and got my favourite all time machine EVER! - Pharaoh's Gold Club !! - Although having played it just, it does seem "suped up" compared to the one I used to play in the wild.

Last edited:
OK glad you got it sorted Jono, as downloaded from the link I provided earlier you'll download MFME V20.0, it should update itself to V20.1 the first time you launch it, from there Arcade Simulator will be able to do what it needs to with it.

Please note MFME and MAME are two very different things though! MFME is what Arcade Simulator uses, MAME is a whole different emulator!

Hi Choppers
Noticed your Youtube channel has gone... is this a YT glitch or your decision ? ... missing it already :)
all the best buddy ... hope to see it back soon ... you and family have a good xmas
Dicky
Yes, all the content has gone! Why? @ChopleyIOM

Sorry folks all gone, there's a post with an explanation here.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

At least you're still in the land of the living, I understand your reasons, possibly though it was the retelling of the boxer shorts incident that had you scrambling for the delete button :p The low ebbs vids were pretty unique of their kind, very very good.

I just watched the recent borderlands one the other day, that was enjoyable, so going to miss your vids Chop, but as the saying goes all good things must come to an end. :(:thumbsup:

Thanks mack, the channel had a run of four years so it didn't do too bad, finished off at 2330 subscribers or thereabouts, total channel views was somewhere around a million I think.

As for Borderlands 3, absolutely one of my favourite games ever, I've just bought the second season pass for it, playtime so far is 181 hours but that number will certainly be getting quite a lot higher before I'm done.

My memory is not what it was, and now the vids are gone I can't double check, but your daughter Beccy? will no longer need to say 'shut up daddy' as you wax lyrical into the mic. Youtube is a bit bereft of decent vids you can switch off to and escape these days I find, so no lie am going to miss Degsy Degworth's channel. But thanks again Chop for all the effort and time you gave to it :)

Hi Choppers
thanks for the update ... i totally get it and wish you all the best ... its a long road we have travelled, you may remember me from MSM or the Hovel and i remember back in the the day you posted the pics of your distressed car :) certainly made me think back then and certainly made me think about the evils of gambling ... its a journey i / we have been on and shared and i have loved every post you have made ... the Low Ebb videos were shocking but at the same time i could not stop watching, ( PS.. should be a movie :) ) and should be used by Gamblers Anonymous as part of their therapy ... maybe you could still edit to remove personal details and these could be used by any gambling help support group ... make something positive of these... they are real and factual and will help many in a similar situation,

anyway thanks for the journey **** (Not using your real name :) ) ... i wish you and the family all the best and a happy new year and thank you for your time you have spent bringing enjoyment, information, and sometimes sadness ( yes i cried along with you when you announced that chris had died ...
all the best ... Dicky

As for Borderlands 3, absolutely one of my favourite games ever, I've just bought the second season pass for it, playtime so far is 181 hours but that number will certainly be getting quite a lot higher before I'm done.

On the back of your first Borderlands vid I got Borderlands 2 (it was free from epic iirc) I didn't think I'd like the comic book graphics so overlooked it before, but it was brilliant. A really enjoyable shooter, intelligent enemies, the sound and sarcastic humour. One of the hardest boss fights was that wedding day massacre, must've took 20 attempts, funny though

My pc is probably not powerful enough for the 3rd, and my controller skills sadly not adept enough to play it on my xbox, but I need to get back to gaming, atm gambling rips through money like nobody's business, even on moderate stakes.

I think your Gambling Low Ebbs videos really did show the raw horrendous side of where gambling addiction can lead a person to. And some parts were very hard to listen to! And I think they did serve a very valuable purpose. But yeah I can understand the reasons why you felt you had to hit the hard YT delete. Will miss your other videos showing you grind through a 3dice bonus and the rants of the decimation of the UK gambling scene. But thanks anyway for the past videos and wish you well :thumbsup:

Thanks folks, once again I appreciate the comments. The Gambling Low Ebbs series do seem to be the videos that most people have connected with, and of all the stuff I made for the channel they're the videos I'm most glad I managed to do. A colleague and friend of mine said he sent links to them to a friend of his who was struggling with alcoholism during the Covid lockdown last year, because the language of addiction is universal, and he thought they could help him. (The good news there is the bloke managed to fight off his demons and has been dry for well over a year now, and has also been able to find decent work as as self-employed gardener and handyman type chap - to the extent he's having to turn people down as his work calendar is completely rammed.)

Nothing lasts forever, and when it comes to the channel, it was time for me to call it a day and move on.

Anyway, hope you've all had a good Christmas Day and here's to a fine 2022 for all :)

On the back of your first Borderlands vid I got Borderlands 2 (it was free from epic iirc) I didn't think I'd like the comic book graphics so overlooked it before, but it was brilliant. A really enjoyable shooter, intelligent enemies, the sound and sarcastic humour. One of the hardest boss fights was that wedding day massacre, must've took 20 attempts, funny though

My pc is probably not powerful enough for the 3rd, and my controller skills sadly not adept enough to play it on my xbox, but I need to get back to gaming, atm gambling rips through money like nobody's business, even on moderate stakes.

BL3 requires considerably more horsepower than BL2 to run nicely, it ostensibly looks quite similar as it has the same art style, but the engine is doing a lot more fancy stuff. (Plus they moved to Unreal Engine 4 for BL3, which is a modern, demanding game engine.)

My PC isn't ninja cutting edge now but it was very nicely specced when I bought it back in September 2017, and it has a GTX1080 graphics card in it. Running the game at 1080p with a mix of High/Medium detail settings is about my lot if I want to keep it at the sweet spot of 60FPS (and even then it drops quite a few frames when things really kick off). (My screen is 4K but I can't even remotely run the game at that resolution and get a decent framerate.)

Like you mack I can't play FPS games with a gamepad at all, so I need my keyboard and mouse for games like BL3!

Did you get the expansions for BL2? The base game is fantastic but it also has four amazing expansions.

I've just had a look on Epic and the BL2 Handsome Collection is currently on sale, so £12.49p gets you all the BL2 expansions and other extra content, along with Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and all its extras too - that's a lot of stuff for not much more than a tenner!

1640526122085.png

Thanks folks, once again I appreciate the comments. The Gambling Low Ebbs series do seem to be the videos that most people have connected with, and of all the stuff I made for the channel they're the videos I'm most glad I managed to do. A colleague and friend of mine said he sent links to them to a friend of his who was struggling with alcoholism during the Covid lockdown last year, because the language of addiction is universal, and he thought they could help him. (The good news there is the bloke managed to fight off his demons and has been dry for well over a year now, and has also been able to find decent work as as self-employed gardener and handyman type chap - to the extent he's having to turn people down as his work calendar is completely rammed.)

Nothing lasts forever, and when it comes to the channel, it was time for me to call it a day and move on.

Anyway, hope you've all had a good Christmas Day and here's to a fine 2022 for all :)
I understand the message conveyed is completed and I fully respect that. As Chopley knows (because he read out one of my comments) the Low Ebbs series was possibly one of the most therapeutic and helpful tools I have been lucky enough to access. Not an over the top compliment to say it will influence my life going forward (even if its in a small way). Grounded and real

BL3 requires considerably more horsepower than BL2 to run nicely, it ostensibly looks quite similar as it has the same art style, but the engine is doing a lot more fancy stuff. (Plus they moved to Unreal Engine 4 for BL3, which is a modern, demanding game engine.)

My PC isn't ninja cutting edge now but it was very nicely specced when I bought it back in September 2017, and it has a GTX1080 graphics card in it. Running the game at 1080p with a mix of High/Medium detail settings is about my lot if I want to keep it at the sweet spot of 60FPS (and even then it drops quite a few frames when things really kick off). (My screen is 4K but I can't even remotely run the game at that resolution and get a decent framerate.)

Like you mack I can't play FPS games with a gamepad at all, so I need my keyboard and mouse for games like BL3!

Did you get the expansions for BL2? The base game is fantastic but it also has four amazing expansions.

I've just had a look on Epic and the BL2 Handsome Collection is currently on sale, so £12.49p gets you all the BL2 expansions and other extra content, along with Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and all its extras too - that's a lot of stuff for not much more than a tenner!

View attachment 162591

There is a slightly bigger problem with my pc setup I left out of that post, the amd 7770 card died while I was playing medieval 2 total war about 6 months ago :oops: :( ...I wasn't fully aware of the effect the bitcoin malarkey had taken on gfx card availability, even BT's little hardware selling sideline had no stock. Maybe I could get a replacement now. Ideally I should get a whole new PC and start afresh.

I think the BL2 version must be the handsome one as it did come with that prequel game, but I hadn't started to play that yet. That handsome jack was a great baddie, you really want to defeat him by the end. I chose the commando character, those little gun tripods are very handy especially once upgraded to fire rockets.

The hours fly by which is always a good sign you're immersed, they took so much care with that game. I'm still trying to acquire fps controller skills but truth be it's not going well, can see youngsters and female gamers on twitch etc.. somehow managing fine to use those sticks! Give me an old sega megadrive pad and I'm a master of hand co-ordination and timing. Coming from that early console background I didn't think I'd enjoy keyboard and mouse pc gaming, but it works well.

I did use to play doom on the ps1 but can't remember using the sticks :confused:

Hi @ChopleyIOM

Me again! :oops:

Can you please send me the link to the Up N Over ROM's where the 'cheat' works

Found and downloaded the chipped ROM's from Desert Island fruits website but having trawled thru pages and pages cannot find the one I REALLY want lol.

I'm probably being dumb and not using the search function correctly but hand on heart, I did try before posting here.

Cheers! !

Hi Jono drop me a PM over at Desert Island Fruits and I'll attach the layout to my reply.

The 'best' version available is the one that I covered in my videos, so assuming that's the one you mean, I can share that with you :)

Hi Jono drop me a PM over at Desert Island Fruits and I'll attach the layout to my reply.

The 'best' version available is the one that I covered in my videos, so assuming that's the one you mean, I can share that with you :)

Yes that's the one please.

I don't know what version I downloaded and played last night.

At first the reverse system would not work at all, eventually it did but not as good/often as I'm used to, plus the emu was running well behind percentage which made things even stranger that it wasn't working.

Also the change numbers were coming in 4's and 5's something the doable ROM's NEVER did unless you hit the natural streak.

PM incoming, cheers :thumbsup:

Yes that's the one please.

I don't know what version I downloaded and played last night.

At first the reverse system would not work at all, eventually it did but not as good/often as I'm used to, plus the emu was running well behind percentage which made things even stranger that it wasn't working.

Also the change numbers were coming in 4's and 5's something the doable ROM's NEVER did unless you hit the natural streak.

PM incoming, cheers :thumbsup:
Yeah, i've used that 'hey, i don't know what i downloaded' as well

The Fed's didn't buy it :p

New channel, this is primarily for reuploading videos from the old channel, but I reserve the right to do a slots session at 3Dice :)

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back