my life sucks...

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
...right now. I mean really BIG time sucks. I'm not going to air my dirty laundry in public, I'm gonna just jump right ahead to the punchline.

I'm breaking up with my boyfriend and I'm moving out of his house. I have almost no money in the bank, I have no car, I have no credit, and I have nowhere to go. Ain't that a bitch. My life, my home, my best friend...I've lost them all.

Sorry to hear it Chayton, sounds like you've hit a bit of a rough patch. I'm not a religious man so I can't say anything by way of spiritual solace but I can offer this: a time of change can be a time of renewal. Embrace the unknown. Take a path you've avoided because of fear or self-doubt. Do it because who you were was holding you back. Life might not get any safer but it'll almost certainly get more interesting. I wish I'd done so earlier, could have saved ten years or more of treading water. That said, your mileage may vary. Best fishes to you.

...right now. I mean really BIG time sucks. I'm not going to air my dirty laundry in public, I'm gonna just jump right ahead to the punchline.

I'm breaking up with my boyfriend and I'm moving out of his house. I have almost no money in the bank, I have no car, I have no credit, and I have nowhere to go. Ain't that a bitch. My life, my home, my best friend...I've lost them all.

Girl, keep ya head up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya but you have a great sense of humour and a cute little dragon. :)

Some friends or family to help you out for a little while?

Oh sweetie I think you need a hug. HUGGGGGGG
Let him take all that hun just never let him take your sole. All those other things can be replaced. Right now it does not seem like it, but things will turn around. First thing to do is find emergency housing in your area. If you are working this is easier. Here in canada they have co-op places for women that need short term shelter. This gives you a chance to save money. They will also assist you with first and last months rent. Emergency funds can be found at the salvation army. Social services also has a emergency fund set up. Place a phone call right away. They will set up a appt. that day. Then assist you with what you need there is a cap on the funds but it is more then enough to get furniture with once you find a place. Good luck keep you head up hun.
You have one thing going for you now just move forward. If you need help looking the sites up private message me and i will find more from here dear.

laura

I wanted to thank jas from the poc group for this clip. Brought back memories for me and play this hun might make you feel better and cry at the same time.
I was 15 when this song came out and my parents booted me out of the house as i was late coming home from work. No where to go and sitting having a soda in a restaurant this song came on. Got me through the rough times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well this sucks - seriously.

Max has verbalized pretty well - look at this as an opportunity to make some positive changes in your life. That's what it's all about, right? Overcoming adversity and growing. You never know what good things are around the corner.

This is the time you need family and true friends the most. I really hope someone is there for you.

I've been myself or associated with many people through out my life in similar conditions. Thank god you didn't mention kids were involved as it could be even worse for them.

On the bright side I also recall sometimes quickly and sometimes not, but eventually in every case the future turned out even better.

Shit happens to everyone but usually for good reasons.

Stress is not a good friend and the only advice I could give is to think everything that is said and done out clearly before responding. Emotional responses are not helpful and will only delay the happy future that awaits you.

GOOD-LUCK

Carl

I hope you have someone to help you.

I agree with the other posters, this could turn out to be a good thing.

I would PM Laura, maybe she can help you.

Just a thought...can you stay a bit longer with your boyfriend to give yourself time to save up money?

Hi Chayton I wish you all the best.
Just remember all roads don't have a dead end.
And always remember today maybe bad but tomorrow will bring you happiness.
God Bless
~T~
Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

I've heard it said we must reach the bottom of the barrel before we can start to see over the edge. I hope this is the start for better things to come for you.

oh man thanks everyone, I didn't think I had any tears left but I squeezed out a few more just now. I appreciate the well wishes and the positive feedback. sigh...I'm a wreck, I haven't eaten and hardly slept for 3 days now and I posted because I just felt so all alone - you've all helped, thanks for that.

Ahhhh Chayton, I'm so sorry. Sometimes life is really hard, I know cause I've been there and the truth is all of us have to deal with some really unpleasant stuff as we go along. Just remember that we would not appreciate the happy moments if not for the pain of the sad ones.

You will survive this and be better for it, keep your head up girl and keep plodding on.

Hugs to you....
Bonita

This sucks....but as everyone has said it may bring a better future. Just try to think with your head and not the emotions that are running rampant. (I know...easier said than done) and it's kind of like when I got a divorced years ago. No money, no home, parents 600 miles away and a 1 1/2 year old son to think about. We made it though and it's been 28 1/2 years later. Probably the best thing that could have happened. Keep smiling;)

...sigh...I'm a wreck, I haven't eaten and hardly slept for 3 days now and I posted because I just felt so all alone - you've all helped, thanks for that.
You're never alone in Meisterland :D

And don't stop eating. Your body and mind needs a lot of nutrition right now - eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies - and a big slab of meat. That's the dad in me speaking :p

Just a thought here but having been in similar situation myself back in my 20's I seem to recall if he couldn't come get me, my dad made sure I had bus fare. ??
Tis the season.......

Chayton I do have religion and I am going to say a prayer for you sweetie - you've reached out and I pray someone up in your area will take your outreached hand so you wont be alone. Stay safe

Again, thanks to everyone who responded here, you have really helped me a lot and I really do appreciate it. Especially thank you to those who PMed me with all the great thoughts and offers of shoulders to cry on - the ones I dumped on and the ones who gave me something else to focus on for awhile, thanks for listening and thanks for caring. You guys are really awesome. Sincerely.

An update on my situation for those who are interested:
I talked to my one friend that lives here in the city and she talked a lot of sense to me. She's not one of those people who say "There, there...it'll be ok..." she listened and commiserated and then kicked me in the ass a bit for letting myself get into a situation where I'm so dependent on another person that when the relationship is over it wipes out every other thing in my life. Which is true. Then she said she'd kick my ass again if I started feeling like a loser or feeling too sorry for myself or whatever and she offered me a room if I wanted it and told me what a great person I am and then gave me some other good advice that I won't bore you with here.

And then I had the first semi-reasonable conversation with my boyfriend since the whole mess started a few days ago (by 'semi-reasonable' I mean that I wasn't flinging large ashtrays at his head) Without getting into gory details of the original issue, he finally understands my point of view and why it was such a volatile thing to me - up til now he's been too busy defending himself or maintaining his innocent intentions to even see the reasons I was upset. He has fixed the offending issue, and his apology was genuine and heartfelt and I believe that he meant it.

However, the 'relationship' part of this relationship is probably over since there was an extreme breach of trust that I just can't get over. But I won't be on the street, he said that it's my home as much as his - he'll be moving into another room and life will continue until I'm ready to leave and have a place to go to.

So the immediate crisis is over - I won't lose my home and my dog and my freelance business and everything I've worked for. But I need to work on my own life and look after myself because one day I'll be moving on - not because I'm forced to, but because it's time.

Now I think I'll go eat a large steak because daddy said I had to. And then maybe I'll sleep for 48 hours. Thanks again you guys.

EDIT: Bryan should give me extra "Thanks" privileges today.

I'm glad things worked out for you. I was worried you'd stop coming around and then nobody would laugh at my jokes. :rolleyes:

Glad things are looking up. But girl, get a plan. A plan for you. I have had some pretty big rocks fall on me in my life and a plan of action always works. Weigh your options, make plans and above all, make a move. Maybe not in the physical sense just yet, but you know what I mean.

You will get over it and you will survive. :thumbsup:

Excuse me a second chayton - are you kidding skiny? I just laughed my ass into a different room over your 'change this please' post.
And chayton - WAY TO GO!

Im sure that in a couple of days you will be able to see all the situation in a different and a better way.
While I wish you all the best , please do not forget that you will always find a sincere friend amongst us.....and if some of us wont be available on the spot due to a "DESERVED" banning....there will always be someone else there for you.:thumbsup:
love

Excuse me a second chayton - are you kidding skiny? I just laughed my ass into a different room over your 'change this please' post.
And chayton - WAY TO GO!

Knowing that makes it all worth while. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back