My heart breaks on today's "music"

LadyJelena

Ueber Meister
CAG
MM
Hi dear CM members!

I know it's late, but I feel a special need to open my heart, as I'm so sad at the moment.
Can't believe what I'm crying for - music!

It is one of the most important things in my life and one of the nicest gifts to the human kind, in my opinion. I really can't be a witness anymore of it's degradation and rust. Can't believe what most of the people call music nowadays :(
True music is being more and more forgotten and even shamed (you're too old fashioned) to be listened to.

I am not a musician, but thank God for the fine ears and emotions he gave me. I know it's really a matter of taste, but hey, come on, what masses of people listen to nowadays and think it's a song - makes me really feel hopeless and disappointed! You wanna fit in, go where most of your generation or friends go for? Or you're simply stupid, deaf or what the foock is your problem?!
I will immediately leave the object where something harmful to the, at least, "normal" music is played, no matter how much of the fun my friends are having at that moment.

And yeah, I'm more and more grateful for the handful of people who will have no compromises on music trends and music trash thrown around, more and more!

Cheers for such masterpieces as this album, for example:

I got you... Music is more then any kind of Sounds or Instriumnents or Voices. It brings you up when you are down, it makes feeling better when ever you need her she is there and catch you up.
And it doesnt madder which kind of Music ist your <3 , what madders is that it is More then just Music for you and that it gives feeliings which are very HARD to describe for some who is not in Love with the Music !!!
Music that gives something like
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
, power or helps you out in some other Situations. Nice Thread I like !!!

People who listen to Music because of Trends , Fashion or because just while everbodys listeing that time and dont identify with her --->don t like.

MaryJane is on Holiday okay now :) smoke and fly xD

Last edited:
Whether you like her or not Adele is proof that music from the heart and mind does still exist even though it is more rare these days. Same with artists like Michael Buble.

The problem is the industry whether it be fashion or music has sexualized everything. Some music that passes these days are females mumbling but because they have a nice body and can shake their booty, it passes and not only does it pass, it is now the trend.

And even though people may not like him and his antics, I think Justin Bieber makes good music for the most part.

Whether you like her or not Adele is proof that music from the heart and mind does still exist even though it is more rare these days. Same with artists like Michael Buble.

The problem is the industry whether it be fashion or music has sexualized everything. Some music that passes these days are females mumbling but because they have a nice body and can shake their booty, it passes and not only does it pass, it is now the trend.

And even though people may not like him and his antics, I think Justin Bieber makes good music for the most part.

Interesting you say that! Most of the music I listen to are the songs/artists that my teenagers daughters are into at a certain point in time and I just have to listen to it. )) They off course love Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars and some other singers or whoever is hot in YouTube.
It is YouTubber mum! I also completely agree with your point of certain musicians are more about the sex than quality of music and "tweerking" LOL

My point is, I also like Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande and I don't care that my "adult" friends laugh at me because of it!

and when I am by myself I can listen to my dear Led Zeppelin, Queen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, INXS and others that my girls can't relate to but interestingly enough, the songs that bring lots of good memories to me are the songs from Creedence Clearwater that were successful before I was born but my mum to this day still listen to it. )

I adore Rodriguez. I first came across him and his album 'Cold Fact' back in '74/'75 when I was living in South Africa. Truly resonated with me, even though I am very anti-drugs. :)

However, even though some of my favourite artists are from the days when I was young - Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Flloyd), Ziggy Stardust, Heroes (Bowie), Let it Bleed (Strolling Bones), New Boots and Panties (Ian Drury), AchtungBaby (U2)- I absolutely love much of today's music with an equal passion, including Adele.

But if you haven't come across the following, have a listen - they just might change your mind as to the quality of today's music.

Rag 'n Bone Man - Human:
Rob Dougan - Born Yesterday:
Ed Sheeran - I see Fire:
Sigma ft Labrinth - Higher:
Red - Lost:

And finally: Eminem ft Ed Sheeran - River:

I know many people despise Eminem, but I think he is awesome. Most of his work is a social commentary, and his lyricism is stunning. That said, there is some of his work I cannot listen to due to truly offensive lyrics, but overall, I think he is a genius.

I adore Rodriguez. I first came across him and his album 'Cold Fact' back in '74/'75 when I was living in South Africa. Truly resonated with me, even though I am very anti-drugs. :)

However, even though some of my favourite artists are from the days when I was young - Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Flloyd), Ziggy Stardust, Heroes (Bowie), Let it Bleed (Strolling Bones), New Boots and Panties (Ian Drury), AchtungBaby (U2)- I absolutely love much of today's music with an equal passion, including Adele.

But if you haven't come across the following, have a listen - they just might change your mind as to the quality of today's music.

Rag 'n Bone Man - Human:
Rob Dougan - Born Yesterday:
Ed Sheeran - I see Fire:
Sigma ft Labrinth - Higher:
Red - Lost:

And finally: Eminem ft Ed Sheeran - River:

I know many people despise Eminem, but I think he is awesome. Most of his work is a social commentary, and his lyricism is stunning. That said, there is some of his work I cannot listen to due to truly offensive lyrics, but overall, I think he is a genius.

Sorry but Ed Sheeran is just more of the mind numbing crap we have today. He's written songs for Justin Beiber for God sake that says it all to be honest.

The stuff that really grinds my gears is this oh oh oh oh chipmunky sound(usually in the chorus) in shite like Little mix, Beiber,clean bandit and pretty much every pop song.

I'd rather a crap pop song than a crap pop song with terribly amateurish synthesizers, dance tones etc. It's not dance, it's not the pop (I know) and it's not rnb. It is a horrible cacophony of all 3 and I wish they would leave it in 2013-14 or wherever it was spawned from!

I like rock, country and some indi. And the only dance I like is early 00s and mid to late 90s. Tell you something though once I was drunk as a skunk in a pub and put on tons of tunes in a row. Everybody loved my selections ;)!

I think that she has a great voice but her music is scattered with mad stalking of ex boyfriends and its so depressive. I swear that if her hubby walks out I will murder him because that would mean we would be subjected to more years of her manic stalking angst music

Hi dear CM members!

I know it's late, but I feel a special need to open my heart, as I'm so sad at the moment.
Can't believe what I'm crying for - music!

It is one of the most important things in my life and one of the nicest gifts to the human kind, in my opinion. I really can't be a witness anymore of it's degradation and rust. Can't believe what most of the people call music nowadays :(
True music is being more and more forgotten and even shamed (you're too old fashioned) to be listened to.

I am not a musician, but thank God for the fine ears and emotions he gave me. I know it's really a matter of taste, but hey, come on, what masses of people listen to nowadays and think it's a song - makes me really feel hopeless and disappointed! You wanna fit in, go where most of your generation or friends go for? Or you're simply stupid, deaf or what the foock is your problem?!
I will immediately leave the object where something harmful to the, at least, "normal" music is played, no matter how much of the fun my friends are having at that moment.

And yeah, I'm more and more grateful for the handful of people who will have no compromises on music trends and music trash thrown around, more and more!

Cheers for such masterpieces as this album, for example:

This guy reminds me of a more modern day Cat Stevens :thumbsup:

Edit. After a bit of a read up I am going to watch the associated video because it sounds good

Last edited:
There are some good modern songs and performers, of course, but in my opinion - music and culture in general are never worse. There's a good song and good movie like 2-3 times a year. And I need to consider them a rescue straw and to be grateful for such arts more than I should be, because comparing to the rest - they are a masterpiece, while truly are not.

It might be a matter of marketing and trends - sponsored and advertised are bunch of superhero crappie movies and music with half-naked videos, idiotic and even rude lyrics and matrix, boom boom boom yeah yeah melodies. Movie sequences are filmed for money, most of the "art" comes out like from the one and the same factory.
Messages some songs and videos are sending are terrifying - cool is to cheat, girls need to be bitches and their girlfriends need to be bitches, the more scandalous the better etc.

I just think there was far more music choice and freedom to be creative, innovative and artistic before, sometimes it looks like world is running out of ideas.
Even some renowned artists casted away their style and quality so they won't fade away, but still be trendy and in the game. That is not art anymore..

Don't know why I'm so sensitive about this subject, I sound like some grumpy granny moaning for her youth times :laugh::laugh:

But I totally agree with this dude:

Sorry but Ed Sheeran is just more of the mind numbing crap we have today. He's written songs for Justin Beiber for God sake that says it all to be honest.

The stuff that really grinds my gears is this oh oh oh oh chipmunky sound(usually in the chorus) in shite like Little mix, Beiber,clean bandit and pretty much every pop song.

I'd rather a crap pop song than a crap pop song with terribly amateurish synthesizers, dance tones etc. It's not dance, it's not the pop (I know) and it's not rnb. It is a horrible cacophony of all 3 and I wish they would leave it in 2013-14 or wherever it was spawned from!

I like rock, country and some indi. And the only dance I like is early 00s and mid to late 90s. Tell you something though once I was drunk as a skunk in a pub and put on tons of tunes in a row. Everybody loved my selections ;)!

And perhaps everyone else in the pub was also drunk as a skunk, and thus not particularly discerning when you put on tons of tunes in a row!

BUT as illu88 says "But its okay everybody should listen to what he belongs too."

I would certainly never be so rude as to criticise anyone for their choice of music, which really is your subtext here, as follows: Like Justin Bieber/Ed Sheeran etc and you are a pathetic loser. I am the only one with great musical taste.

My taste in music is definitely eclectic - ranges from classical to jazz fusion to pop and beyond, and I make no apologies for liking the music I do. What I don't like are music snobs, who are so blinkered in their approach to music they miss out on so many genres because of their musical blindness.

And on that note, I will leave you with this...listen to it if you dare!

And perhaps everyone else in the pub was also drunk as a skunk, and thus not particularly discerning when you put on tons of tunes in a row!

BUT as illu88 says "But its okay everybody should listen to what he belongs too."

I would certainly never be so rude as to criticise anyone for their choice of music, which really is your subtext here, as follows: Like Justin Bieber/Ed Sheeran etc and you are a pathetic loser. I am the only one with great musical taste.

My taste in music is definitely eclectic - ranges from classical to jazz fusion to pop and beyond, and I make no apologies for liking the music I do. What I don't like are music snobs, who are so blinkered in their approach to music they miss out on so many genres because of their musical blindness.

And on that note, I will leave you with this...listen to it if you dare!

No, I never said that, I said that I don't rate Sheeran trust me I could be far more brutal. Jelena the OP wanted honesty, I never made a personal attack purely my opinion you can like who you want to. Also they weren't as it was a weekday afternoon people had just arrived and the bartenders aren't allowed to drink while working.

No, I never said that, I said that I don't rate Sheeran trust me I could be far more brutal. Jelena the OP wanted honesty, I never made a personal attack purely my opinion you can like who you want to. Also they weren't as it was a weekday afternoon people had just arrived and the bartenders aren't allowed to drink while working.

Not how I read it, but fair enough.

There are some good modern songs and performers, of course, but in my opinion - music and culture in general are never worse. There's a good song and good movie like 2-3 times a year. And I need to consider them a rescue straw and to be grateful for such arts more than I should be, because comparing to the rest - they are a masterpiece, while truly are not.

It might be a matter of marketing and trends - sponsored and advertised are bunch of superhero crappie movies and music with half-naked videos, idiotic and even rude lyrics and matrix, boom boom boom yeah yeah melodies. Movie sequences are filmed for money, most of the "art" comes out like from the one and the same factory.
Messages some songs and videos are sending are terrifying - cool is to cheat, girls need to be bitches and their girlfriends need to be bitches, the more scandalous the better etc.

I just think there was far more music choice and freedom to be creative, innovative and artistic before, sometimes it looks like world is running out of ideas.
Even some renowned artists casted away their style and quality so they won't fade away, but still be trendy and in the game. That is not art anymore..

Don't know why I'm so sensitive about this subject, I sound like some grumpy granny moaning for her youth times :laugh::laugh:

But I totally agree with this dude:

Is that Paul Joseph Watson? I always hear his voice in the background whenever my partner boots up one of his videos.

He's pretty to the point on a lot of things :thumbsup:

This guy reminds me of a more modern day Cat Stevens :thumbsup:

Edit. After a bit of a read up I am going to watch the associated video because it sounds good
I didn't realise that his music dates back to Cat Stevens hay day! I've just watched the Documentary and his story is amazing. Here is the link to it.

I didn't realise that his music dates back to Cat Stevens hay day! I've just watched the Documentary and his story is amazing. Here is the link to it.

I agree :) Thanks a bunch for sharing the link!!

I think that she has a great voice but her music is scattered with mad stalking of ex boyfriends and its so depressive. I swear that if her hubby walks out I will murder him because that would mean we would be subjected to more years of her manic stalking angst music

I thought that was Taylor Swift but I dont really listen to Adele much

1961 was a very good year.... :)

Oliver Nelson Septet - Stolen Moments (1961)

Eddie Harris Quintet - Exodus (1961)

It's tragic to see the kids being led down the garden path by today's satanic culture creation industry.

I shall see your Oliver Nelson and Eddie Harris and raise you with Stanley Clarke almost 20 years later. This guy is one of the best Jazz Guitarists ever in my humble opinion and this track is beautiful.
My musical tastes are fairly wide ranging which is based mostly on the artists ability to play their instruments,write decent lyrics or compose.
And I even learned to love Barbie Girl once I figured out what that song was really all about :)

I shall see your Oliver Nelson and Eddie Harris and raise you with Stanley Clarke almost 20 years later. This guy is one of the best Jazz Guitarists ever in my humble opinion and this track is beautiful.

I absolutely love these guys - I need music I can lose myself in; music that takes me on a journey through heart and mind and soul. A combination of melody, feeling, passion and lyrics (although the latter is not essential).

On that note...I need a drink, so I will raise you with Southern Comfort, and Ry Cooder.

Sorry If I am getting on a bit but for me music died in the early 70s,I was lucky enough experience the magic of the 60s when the bands actually
knew how to compose and perform.So many classics came out of that era and stood the test of time.If you can stand it just listen to some of the 60s music and
compare the quality with the autotuned dross that is churned out nowdays.

i,ll get me coat :}

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back