Movies and TV shows

I'm currently watching The Crown on Netflix. It's a historical drama about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II. I also just finished watching The Boys on Amazon Prime. It's a dark and comedic superhero series that has a lot of shock value.

Best TV I've seen in a LONG time was The Traitors on BBC1 just before Christmas. Totally gripping - loved it!
All episodes still available on BBC iPlayer ;)

On a similar vein, not quite as good and with American contestants (in Australia) was The Mole.
All episodes still available on Netflix

KK

Don't really watch regular TV, but aside from my regular Youtube stints, do have a binge on Netflix every now and then, and recently added Amazon Prime. I had heard a lot of bad things about their exclusive 'The Rings of Power' series, and thus didn't expect too much going in. I was however pleasantly surprised by this show's first season!

Any 'ole fantasy fan or even die hard Tolkien purist, should give this a go i.m.o. It's really well done, and seems promising going forward.
:thumbsup:

Sopranos
Boardwalk empire
The wire
Deadwood
Mad men
Chernobyl
Fargo seasons 1 and 2
Twilight zone 1960's series
Black mirror
Boys from the black stuff
Succession
Big little lies season 1
To name a few!
We have similar taste in tele.

Absolutely loved Boardwalk Empire. One of the best shows in recent years for me. Seen it twice now and could easily do a third.

Just ploughing through The Rig, a six- part mini-series that arrived a few days ago on Prime.

Featuring none other than the excellent Iaan Glen, tasked with keeping the crew of a derelict offshore rig platform out of harm's way when things go tits up.

Believing it to be more along the vein of London's Burning or Disaster DIY, because let's face it, one's pulse isn't exactly set into an uncontrolled frenzy of excitement at oil rig platforms, it soon descends into supernatural territory, "the water and the light wants us to see" etc

Just a short series, and things kick along at a reasonable pace, with acting ranging from pretty good to pretty suspect. But all in all, it's not bad, even if completely derivative, having seen many of its themes a million times before, just better.

Worth a watch but Fortitude did it 50 times better. As did the Fog.

5.5 waves out of 10

Just ploughing through The Rig, a six- part mini-series that arrived a few days ago on Prime.

Featuring none other than the excellent Iaan Glen, tasked with keeping the crew of a derelict offshore rig platform out of harm's way when things go tits up.

Believing it to be more along the vein of London's Burning or Disaster DIY, because let's face it, one's pulse isn't exactly set into an uncontrolled frenzy of excitement at oil rig platforms, it soon descends into supernatural territory, "the water and the light wants us to see" etc

Just a short series, and things kick along at a reasonable pace, with acting ranging from pretty good to pretty suspect. But all in all, it's not bad, even if completely derivative, having seen many of its themes a million times before, just better.

Worth a watch but Fortitude did it 50 times better. As did the Fog.

5.5 waves out of 10

Saw this advertised (Martin Compston?) and thought I'll give that a go.

Only to realise later that day, settled and ready to go, that despite my 10,000 channels (of mostly crap) that is one I don't have :p

Some stuff on Apple TV I want to try too and Sky have offered 6 month's free of this channel, can I get the bloody thing to work...... :mad:

@TheAddict just finished watching and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the reccie.

A bit far-fetched, but I am a fan of old martial arts movies, so didn't mind that at all. Non-stop action from start to finish with some great choreography on the fight scenes and some original ideas.

Never thought I would watch a Hindi film, you seen any others? It was pretty epic.

@bamberfishcake Was the first Hindi movie n I've seen too. I hear a fair few of those movies are kind of exaggerated, and half way through I did sigh and say "Ffs.. Here we go..." as everyone started dancing.. but by the time the 2nd dance came around I was down with it. Nice moves.

Rarely recommend something, glad it wasn't in vain :D

I'm always watching something -

Just binge-finished "The Rig" on Amazon Prime. So-so. I really enjoyed the UK murder mystery set on the oil rig, sort of "And Then There Were None". Forget the name ATM. (Rig 45 - found it just now.)

Then yesterday, I watched "Speak No Evil". Like others have said, the ending was not believable. I mean, it's a fictional story, and so your disbelief has to be suspended, but the ending stretched things too much.

@bamberfishcake Was the first Hindi movie n I've seen too. I hear a fair few of those movies are kind of exaggerated, and half way through I did sigh and say "Ffs.. Here we go..." as everyone started dancing.. but by the time the 2nd dance came around I was down with it. Nice moves.

Rarely recommend something, glad it wasn't in vain :D
Whaaat, some say the dancing is the best part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back