Best Apocalyptic TV/Movies

Just finished watching Maggie - with Arnold Schwartzenegger and Abigail Breslin.

When Maggie becomes infected with the zombie virus, her father brings her home to look after her, as she gradually starts to lose her humanity.

If you expect a shoot-em-up zombie flick, then this is not for you. But if you want a low-burn zombie movie which is more about how Maggie and her father cope with her impending "turning" and death, then this is worth watching.

1584485554781.png

Wasn't sure where to post this so it gets the widest audience. Perhaps @dionysus could move it if it is the wrong place.

This is a link to films, TV series, etc that are due to leave Netflix. Very useful reference point. Most of you probably already know about it, but just in case...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
cheers
there's probably some cross-over, so created a netflix thread in the TV Talk group :)

Did you watch the last man on earth? (Albeit, a series) - it was Ok (not a big fan of apocalypse films, particularly those that just seem to involve 'the woods')

Avoid IO, if you've not seen - that's been one of the poorest in recent memory.

No not seen it. And yes most decent ones need a decent budget.

Tales From The Loop on Amazon is quite intriguing though not apocolyptic and ive just started watching Falling Water on Amazon and wanted to post to see who was watching - episode 2 and im hooked - couldnt find a thread and the TV talk group looks good but i think there is a limit on how many groups you can join.

No not seen it. And yes most decent ones need a decent budget.

Tales From The Loop on Amazon is quite intriguing though not apocolyptic and ive just started watching Falling Water on Amazon and wanted to post to see who was watching - episode 2 and im hooked - couldnt find a thread and the TV talk group looks good but i think there is a limit on how many groups you can join.

Take Shelter (maybe not your typical film like that) is oft underrated and worth a watch - bit slow moving for some mind.

Take Shelter (maybe not your typical film like that) is oft underrated and worth a watch - bit slow moving for some mind.

Seen it and loved it. I like the actor since he was in Boardwalk Empire.

Any film by Jeff Nichols i have seen has been good though not seen them all - Mud was not bad and Midnight Special was brilliant for me - would recommend if you liked Take Shelter.

A couple of good ones i saw on Netflix last year....

Like Max said District 9 - one of the best films ive seen for a long time. And Ladyhawkes Train To Busan was a good watch also.

I loved Cargo. Very moving film, and Martin Freeman was superb.

Don't know much about District 9, but the premise looks good so I will search that out.

To add: The jury is still out on BirdBox. It was admittedly a very tense film, but there was something about it that just grated. Of all the films I watch, this is not one I have any intention of ever watching again.
Did you watch the last man on earth? (Albeit, a series) - it was Ok (not a big fan of apocalypse films, particularly those that just seem to involve 'the woods')

Avoid IO, if you've not seen - that's been one of the poorest in recent memory.
Saw IO but tbh, can't remember much about it. From memory, I think I endured it, rather than enjoyed it.

Re Last man on Earth - I caught the first 3-4 episodes, and absolutely loathed it. The main character was just too awful for words - crass, vulgar and unfunny. In the 1st - or 2nd episode I forget which - when he went out to kill himself, I wish he had succeeded.

Apparently it got better as the series progressed, but I still can't shake the image of him pee'ing/poo'ing in the swimming pool from the diving board he had tailored to be an outdoor toilet seat.

Just gross.

Last edited:
but I still can't shake the image of him pee'ing/poo'ing in the swimming pool from the diving board he had tailored to be an outdoor toilet seat.

Now that sounds funny and the sort of thing i may actually do if was the last man on earth. I am definitely not one of humanities last hopes.

Know what you mean about Birdbox. It was whatsername? the lead actress for me. She is good in the police one where she enters a beauty pagent but i really liked the idea of the film.

Men behind the sun...
not so much apocalyptic but shows humanity at its lowest during war...
Be warned anyone whom watches this, it’s brutal even tho it’s old.

A bit of a mix between satire and the apocalypse. Quite enjoyed it :thumbsup:
It seemed to me as if they had the basic story and ad libbed the rest but china hoarding the vital minerals is true and we could always be hit by an asteroid. I think the blond newsreader was aping Ingramme from Fox news

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back