Best Apocalyptic TV/Movies

NetFlix's Contagion has become one of the most viewed movies because of theOld URL.

Thought it would be a good place to share some of the best virus-centric, post-apocalyptic etc themed tv shows and movies for those keen on the subject matter .:p

For me, I'm keen on the third and final season of FutureMan premiering this April.

I rely mostly on youtube for free movies, and last night I found 'The stand' by stephen king, a tv miniseries from 1994.
I wouldn't say this is the best but I've only watched the first 40mins, all I can say is I hope it picks up :oops:

Also found vincent price's movie 'The last man on earth' based on the book 'I am legend' [charlton heston and will smith also having made versions], there's a colourised one and the original B&W.

I do like the genre, and old science fiction movies/books.

Last edited:
Taking away 2012's somewhat dated premise, best recent apocalyptic drama series was actually '8 Days'

Sure it's got pesky subtitles, but get past that minor hurdle and you'll find a great end-of-the-world gritty extravaganza. And the ending (sob)

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Taking away 2012's somewhat dated premise, best recent apocalyptic drama series was actually '8 Days'

Sure it's got pesky subtitles, but get past that minor hurdle and you'll find a great end-of-the-world gritty extravaganza. And the ending (sob)

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Haven't watched this one. I trust you Goatwack. Gonna see if it's available in my neck of the woods.

What you trusting me for, you gone cuckoo or something

I've been observing your taste in music here and have come to a realisation that it's fairly ok (mostly). So based on that, I feel pretty confident that this series might be watchable.

Excellent topic! Here's a few I really liked/couldn't forget (click for larger images):

a great oldie: omega-man_w400.jpeg

a new one (Swedish, with subtitles): aniara_w400.jpeg

a personal fav: oblivion_w400.jpeg

not exactly "the apocalypse" but close enough: district9_w400.jpeg

The Cured (2017) is worth watching. It's set in an Ireland where zombies are now cured, but discrimination against them is rife because of the death and destruction they wrought as zombies. As society rises up against them, they have to learn to find ways to defend themselves and survive.

Of course, the question hinted at all through the film is... although they are back to being human, are they really cured?

I can't recommend it highly enough.

1584430301362.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back