Movies and TV shows

So.. I’ve realised after 6yr I still don’t know how to upload a video other than one saved on my phone… (I’m a Neanderthal I know) anyhoo…

Just watched Pain Hustlers tonight on Netflix and thought it was quite good 😊

Luckily caught the last showing at our cinema of Godzilla Minus One, as luck would have it!

Set in the dying embers of WWII, prior to Japan's capitulation, a young kamikaze pilot and his brethren encounter Godzilla, who embarks on a killing spree, whilst our main protagonist freezes with fear when tasked with firing on it, leading to deaths akimbo.

In the post-war rubble of Japan he meets a woman survivor, and the child she's caring for, from another mother. Soon he finds work as a minesweeper, and the couple rebuild their lives as a family unit of sorts.

It's not long before Godzilla resurfaces however, and much carnage ensues. Cities are destroyed, cruisers flung about like toys, and it comes down to the Japanese civilians, many still crestfallen from the fallout of the war. Can they defeat this unstoppable, death-ray-spewing monster to the depths from whence it came?

Well long story short, probably. For all the word of mouth this film received, it plays out like every other Asian Cinema classic, in that it always ends up greater than the sum of its parts, and that upon reflection, it can be considered an all-time great.

Less rubber monsters and more redemption and the human spirit, this film encompasses all that is great about wanting to live, even when at your lowest. The acting's great and earnest as you'd expect, with no facial gymnastics or sass-talking while preaching to the audience about what bad people they are, whilst the SFX are stripped down to what made Godzilla such an apocalyptic beast to be feared in the first place.

The definitive Godzilla, and all this on a $15 million budget too. Can't say fairer than that 👌

godzilla.gif

Just finished the five Rurouni Kenshin movies and quite enjoyed the ride. Not the most earth shattering experience, but I was decently entertained all the way through.

The best out of the 5 movies was by far
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. I might be biased since that one starred Kasumi Arimura.

This decent fan made trailer type video catches the spirit of the movie quite well.

Did anyone watch S2 of "Vigil"

(S1. Was set on a submarine with an under cover cop investigating a suspicious death on board to jog the memory)

Just wondered whether I should bother, its been saved on my Sky Q box for weeks now yet I'm so tired night after night I continually find myself watching re-runs of other stuff I've previously enjoyed.

Did anyone watch S2 of "Vigil"

(S1. Was set on a submarine with an under cover cop investigating a suspicious death on board to jog the memory)

Just wondered whether I should bother, its been saved on my Sky Q box for weeks now yet I'm so tired night after night I continually find myself watching re-runs of other stuff I've previously enjoyed.
Haven't watched it myself, but from what I'm gathering season 2 is a definite drop in quality from the first 🤷‍♂️

Must admit, Geordie Colin shared a good site to stream the latest movies & shows, cinema releases etc, without needing a vpn or having to sign up to anything. Just need to make sure an anti virus program is running.

Cheers Colin, wherever the fook you are at these days since your departure. I've since spent an hour or so per week checking on the latest woke garbage thats been released via that site, and maybe twice a year I can even find something that hasn't got some obvious agenda behind it, and then all ya gotta do is hit play! yeehaw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back