Mom passed 6/4/2020 and i need advice

Sorry Rena to hear about your mom. Some good advice from the other members so besides my condolences I have nothing to add other than maybe one of your doctors you trust know a lawyer or free service that can advise you.

Sorry Rena to hear about your mom. Some good advice from the other members so besides my condolences I have nothing to add other than maybe one of your doctors you trust know a lawyer or free service that can advise you.
@slotplayer - do you know if this type of service actually exists in the USA? I know it does in both the UK and Australia, but as none of us in the thread so far are from the USA, we can only have a best guess at how Rena could take for her first baby steps in order to begin assuming control of and resolving this very sad situation.

@slotplayer - do you know if this type of service actually exists in the USA? I know it does in both the UK and Australia, but as none of us in the thread so far are from the USA, we can only have a best guess at how Rena could take for her first baby steps in order to begin assuming control of and resolving this very sad situation.

Yes, in my state of Massachusetts they do, its called lawyer for the day. Its more for legal advice and filling out the correct forms but it should get her pointed in the right direction. She should look at her states' website. (maybe under probate and family court) I actually filed my ex-wife divorce papers for her first husband myself. lol, the judge asked who did these papers, but accepted them.

Yes, in my state of Massachusetts they do, its called lawyer for the day. Its more for legal advice and filling out the correct forms but it should get her pointed in the right direction. She should look at her states' website. (maybe under probate and family court) I actually filed my ex-wife divorce papers for her first husband myself. lol, the judge asked who did these papers, but accepted them.

Everyone has been very helpful and i did make calls yesterday. I will look into this also to see if i can get some help and also contact more attorneys...maybe the one listed on the deed who transferred the property over to my mom upon her employers death. I hope this get resolved soon because it is very hard to find help here. Looks like it won't be over night but i won't give up. Thank you to all.

Sincere condolences rena, it's just plain insensitive for the family to be forcing you to make decisions when all you will need right now is time to grieve.

When my father died, I handled everything for my mum, as similar to you the vultures suddenly appeared after being absent for so long. I found the internet a great source of information providing all the information I needed to mange his estate on behalf of my mum ( the funeral, his bank accounts, the house, pension etc) and it was a relatively easy process - like you I had no idea where to start initially.

I understand it will different for you but it may be a starting point but ultimately take care of yourself, tell the family to back off that you are dealing with it but need time to grieve.

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back