New Slot Announcement Microgaming, Playtech, Yggdrasil, Red Tiger and 2x Play'n Go

dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
Dr Fortuno by Yggdrasil - touch of Baron Samedi, not bad.
Ancient Fortunes Zeus by MG/JFTW - a Gonzo's mechanic but better than Netent's IMO, good game!
Devil's Number by Red Tiger - not bad, good bonus round when you eliminate the low values!
Spy Rise by Playtech - OK, but you need the 120-coins bet for any potential.
Inferno Star by Play'n Go - only 5 lines and respins for a 2500x bet 5-scatter prize.
Crystal Sun by Play'n Go - A clone of Starblast which itself was a rip-off of St*rb*rst *cough*.

The Play n Go slots look like absolute filth...A gazillion spins to get the sun and then shipped of with 9x bet...WoW!
Ancient Fortunes Zeus is the only slot worth trying for real money to be honest...
The others don't appeal to me at all...Maybe the Ygdrassil one :)

I played the Zeus game over the weekend. Couldn’t manage to get the bonus ‍♂️

I must have played 300 spins on the 666 game with no bonus as well, base game plays ok in that one though.

As always; thanks for the review mate!

My thoughts:

Dr Fortuno by Yggdrasil - This is harking towards the golden fish tank type era from Ygg, which was good. However, their love for "death via coin win" kills this game for me. Its fine to have coin wins in a game but if Im about to trigger a feature, a coin win will never make me happy. I feel better about getting 15x from a pick n click even than from a wheel that is meant to give FS. Coin wins kill it and for having so many features and stuff going on the FS is quite basic with just wilds and multipliers. 6/10

Devil's Number by Red Tiger -
The first thing that stood out to me on this one was the amazing soundtrack when you get a big win, try it without skipping and its kinda cool! I like the mechanics well enough, but wouldve much rather gotten an increasing multiplier instead of the symbol upgrades for some reason. Feels more simple and raw. The only issue I have with it is pretty weak payouts; even though you pretty much filled the screen a couple of times, the single wins didn't reach 100x. 7/10

Ancient Fortunes Zeus by MG/JFTW
- Unfortunately for this slot I don't like clones at all, so even good clones will get a bad score for me. That said, I'll play this one next time I feel like doing some Gonzo (which I exclusively do with friends, cursing violently at the golden monkey) as it does look like an improvement in terms of potential. I think pay-both-ways is good for the mechanic as well. Animations look a bit choppy but funny. 4/10

Spy Rise by Playtech
- Real shit in my opinion. The feature buy is quite pointless since it just brings the game up to standard volatility and potential. The way the reels stop all together looks horrible. The way the force a horizontal 5OAK to roll by everytime is pathetic. The Jackpot thing is ok with the reels turning red, but should remove the super small one and make it more rare; whats the point of a 3x jackpot? 3/10

Inferno Star by Play'n Go - I like feature rich games most of the time but for when I dont this could be that one hit wonder that saves the day. It looks to me like the RTP is mostly focussed around that 1000x win, which is pretty smart I think. Will need a lot of spins to evaluate properly, which might be tedious given how simple the game is, but still. 6/10

Crystal Sun by Play'n Go - Again, no fan of clones, and would say this one is worse than the Gonzo copy above (might as well play starburst; correct me if Im wrong, but believe the increased potential from multipliers will be eaten by more lowpayers and worse paytable). I think the lowpayers look kinda sweet with the little movements on the surface of the planets. 2/10

Overall some pretty mediocre games in my book, of which Devil's Number was the best, for entirely different reasons, and the scores reflect it.

Agree on the coin win thingy @VismundCygnus , it puts me in rage mode nearly when I trigger the feature and it ships me off with a 10x - 15x coin win.
Netent did same in their Fairytale Legends series and it is just so useless.
If I trigger a bonus I want FS or at least a playable feature.
A coin win is really really stupid.

Okay I have tried AFZ yesterday and I have to say I did not like it one bit.
It looked more exciting in Dunovers review video.
The pay lines are weird so many times a 3 OAK is no win actually because of the way the win lines are designed.
Very little action, many dead spins and more important, after 600 ish spins still no free spins.

WHAT is it with all them new slots where it is nearly impossible to trigger a bonus, it used to be 1/150 or 200 on average with the older MGS and Netent slots, now it seems more like 1/500+ and it can ship you off with a shit win too.

I am so disappointed in the slots that are coming out lately.
It seems the older generation slots play a bit more loose, all the new stuff it takes me ages to trigger a feature.
This goes for all providers actually.

Not sure if it is just bad luck but I do way better on older slots.

So AFZ is another let down for me.

Okay I have tried AFZ yesterday and I have to say I did not like it one bit.
It looked more exciting in Dunovers review video.
The pay lines are weird so many times a 3 OAK is no win actually because of the way the win lines are designed.
Very little action, many dead spins and more important, after 600 ish spins still no free spins.

WHAT is it with all them new slots where it is nearly impossible to trigger a bonus, it used to be 1/150 or 200 on average with the older MGS and Netent slots, now it seems more like 1/500+ and it can ship you off with a shit win too.

I am so disappointed in the slots that are coming out lately.
It seems the older generation slots play a bit more loose, all the new stuff it takes me ages to trigger a feature.
This goes for all providers actually.

Not sure if it is just bad luck but I do way better on older slots.

So AFZ is another let down for me.

Yes, the amount of spins needed to trigger a feature has definitely increased over the last year or so; likely because of bonanza and demand for 1000x+ type wins. Hate it or love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back