Michael Jackson dies

I'll believe it when I hear/see it from somewhere other than TMZ...no disrespect meant, but....the only story out is from TMZ. Every other web hit is nothing but speculation. The only fact out there so far is that he did have a heart attack.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

UPDATED: 1 minute ago (as of this post)

(CNN) -- Entertainer Michael Jackson was taken to a hospital on Thursday after suffering cardiac arrest, sources briefed on the situation told CNN.
A Los Angeles fire official told CNN that paramedics arrived at Michael Jackson's home after a 911 call.

A Los Angeles fire official told CNN that paramedics arrived at Michael Jackson's home after a 911 call.

Paramedics revived Jackson before taking him to the hospital.

Brian Oxman, a Jackson family attorney, said he was told by brother Randy Jackson that Michael Jackson collapsed at his home in west Los Angeles Thursday morning.

Family members were told of the situation and were either at the hospital or en route.

Fire Capt. Steve Ruda told CNN a 911 call came in from a west Los Angeles residence at 12:21 p.m.

Ruda said Jackson was treated and transferred to the UCLA Medical Center.

Asked specifics of the patient's condition, he said he could not discuss them because of federal privacy laws.

The music icon from Gary, Indiana, is known as the "King of Pop."

Jackson is the seventh of nine children in a well-known musical family.

So, whomever claims that he's dead apparently got their information from someone that broke federal law.

The bolded part says it all right there. TMZ reports
Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

Anything for news, I guess. This is disgraceful.

BREAKING NEWS
msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 2 minutes ago
The Los Angeles Times reports that Michael Jackson has died at age 50 after being rushed to UCLA Medical Center.

Los Angeles Fire Department Capt. Steve Ruda told the newspaper that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived at his home and CPR was performed.

I had every album he ever done. I grew up watching him dance and sing. He will be missed

I'm not watching the news, but my friend is saying they're talking about his settling a molestation case for $10M? This is )(#*$@)(#*$@# ridiculous. A MAN just died, and all they can talk about is the bad parts of his life? This is why I had the news media. If you can't say nothing nice, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

Michael Jackson passed away today at the age of 50

What a day this has been to all of us.
Farrah Fawcett & Michael Jackson passed away on the same day.
I am a Big fan of both of them.
Rest in peace Michael Jackson & God Bless
My Heart goes out to all that love the king of real music.
You will be deeply missed Michael
My thoughts and prayers are with the family on a great loss.
My deepest sympathies.
B-T Tom

Michael Jackson:

A source close to Michael Jackson tells ET that the international superstar and pop-music legend has passed away earlier Thursday afternoon. He was 50.

The King of Pop, who will be forever immortalized for his world-famous, trademark dance moves and chart-topping success, was arguably one of the most popular recording artists of all time, his success peaking during the 1980s.

Jackson was born in Gary, IN on August 29, 1958. Before he became a solo artist, Jackson was the youngest member of the Jackson Five, the explosive '60s band formed by his four older brothers -- Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, and Marlon Jackson -- put Jackson on the path to stardom.

Jackson's talent was brought to the attention of producer Quincy Jones, who cast him in the role of Scarecrow in 'The Wiz' (1978), a musical based on 'The Wizard of Oz.' The film also featured Diana Ross and Richard Pryor. The rising pop star reunited with Jones in 1982 with the mega-hit album, Thriller. The title track, along with "Beat It," "The Girl is Mine," and "Billie Jean," would make him an indelible icon of pop culture. The album garnered seven Grammy awards. His unmatchable musical talent was coupled with an intriguing idiosyncratic image that, in later years, overshadowed the singer's own success. But the '80s marked Jackson as a contemporary legend.

Jackson's eccentric persona was perpetuated with the help of his one-gloved hand. In 1993, a mother accused Jackson of molesting her 13-year-old son during a visit. The case was eventually settled out of court for a reported $20 million. Still, America remained enamored with the pop star; a reported 62 million viewers tuned in to his 1993 interview with Oprah Winfrey. The later years of his career and personal life proved to be a tumultuous affair. The change was perhaps foreshadowed most significantly a year after he married Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of Elvis Presley. His album, HIStory, released in 1995, failed to become the success it was anticipated to be. His 2001 album, Invincible, which reportedly cost $30 million to produce, would suffer the same fate.

During the same year, in November, he married former nurse Debbie Rowe. She gave birth to Prince Michael Jackson I in 1997. Two years later Jackson and Rowe filed for divorce. In November 2003, more legal trouble emerged when a 12-year-old boy claimed that Jackson molested him at his Neverland Valley Ranch. A year later Jackson gave his DNA sample to authorities after police searched his estate for evidence.

In 2005, Jackson was tried and exonerated of child molestation, conspiracy and alcohol charges that could have sent him to prison for nearly 20 years.

Despite the tribulations in his personal life, Michael Jackson's mark in history never faded. He has inspired young pop stars like Justin Timberlake and Usher, and his classic, instantly recognizable songs continue to be heard in dance clubs and households across the world.

Jackson is survived by his three children: Prince Michael Jackson I, Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Expired Image

Michael_jackson_bad_cd_cover_1987_cdda.jpg

michael-jackson_1.jpg

I would not of posted this info if I didnt know this for a fact, just after the phone call came in I thought i would post the news, but the only info I could find to post with it was from tmz.
That makes 3 this week Ed McMahon, the lovely Farrah Fawcett, and the talented Michael Jackson. The entertainment industry sure took a loss losing these 3.

RIP Michael.

When I got home from work I went to Youtube and put in I'll be there and there is a great acapella version of the song.

I found myself getting very upset and wasn't sure why since I never thought of myself as a fan. But then I realized Michael's music has always been a part of my life. I think I remember my first favorite song was "ABC"

Now I'm realizing I was more of a fan of his music/talent than I thought. So sad he passed away at such a young age.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's so strange about today's death of two big celebrities is that Farrah died at about 12:30 PM Los Angeles time, the exact time the ambulance transporting Michael Jackson left to go to the hospital and for all we know Michael practically died at that time too. Makes ya go....HMMMMMmmmm.

All I can say is I remember my first record being a Michael Jackson EP with Beat it and I believe it was "Get on the floor" on the bside.

Sure played that a lot growing up..

Time flies..

Here's MJ's obituary...it's 3 pages long, and this is just the first page...wow..

Michael Jackson's life was infused with fantasy and tragedy
Associated Press
In the early 1980s, Michael Jackson was the world's most popular entertainer thanks to a series of hit records -- Beat It, "Billie Jean," Thriller -- and dazzling music videos.
He owned a statue of Marilyn, studied Chaplin and married Elvis' daughter. It seemed the perennial man-child would cease to exist if the applause ever stopped.

Michael Jackson was fascinated by celebrity tragedy. He had a statue of Marilyn Monroe in his home and studied the sad Hollywood exile of Charlie Chaplin. He married the daughter of Elvis Presley.

Jackson met his own untimely death Thursday at age 50, and more than any of those past icons, he left a complicated legacy. As a child star, he was so talented he seemed lit from within; as a middle-aged man, he was viewed as something akin to a visiting alien who, like Tinkerbell, would cease to exist if the applause ever stopped.

It was impossible in the early 1980s to imagine the surreal final chapters of Jackson's life. In that decade, he became the world's most popular entertainer thanks to a series of hit records -- Beat It, "Billie Jean," Thriller -- and dazzling music videos. Perhaps the best dancer of his generation, he created his own iconography: the single shiny glove, the Moonwalk, the signature red jacket and the Neverland Ranch.

In recent years, he inspired fascination for reasons that had nothing to do with music. Years of plastic surgery had made his face a bizarre landscape. He was deeply in debt and had lost his way as a musician. He had not toured since 1997 or released new songs since 2001. Instead of music videos, the images of Jackson beamed around the world were tabloid reports about his strange personal behavior, including allegations of child molestation, or the latest failed relaunch of his career.

A frail-looking Jackson had spent his last weeks in rehearsal for an ambitious comeback attempt and 50 already-sold-out shows at London's O2 Arena. A major motivation was the $300 million in debt run up by a star who lived like royalty even though his self-declared title of King of Pop was more about the past than the present.

"It's one of the greatest losses," said Tommy Mottola, former president of Sony Music, which released Jackson's music for 16 years. "In pop history, there's a triumvirate of pop icons: Sinatra, Elvis and Michael, that define the whole culture. . . . His music bridged races and ages and absolutely defined the video age. Nothing that came before him or that has come after him will ever be as big as he was."

Jackson "had it all. . . . talent, grace, professionalism and dedication," said Quincy Jones, Jackson's collaborator on his most important albums and the movie "The Wiz." "He was the consummate entertainer, and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."

Jackson was born Aug. 29, 1958, in Gary, Ind. His mother, Katherine, would say that there was something special about the fifth of her nine children. "I don't believe in reincarnation," she said, "but you know how babies move uncoordinated? He never moved that way. When he danced, it was like he was an older person."

Katherine Jackson, who worked for Sears, Roebuck and Co., taught her children folk songs. Her husband, Joseph, a crane operator who once played with the R&B band the Falcons, played guitar and coached his sons. The boys were soon performing at local benefits. Michael took command of the group even as a chubby-cheeked kindergartner.

"He was so energetic that at 5 years old he was like a leader," brother Jackie once told Rolling Stone magazine. "We saw that. So we said, 'Hey, Michael, you be the lead guy.' The audience ate it up."

By 1968, the Jacksons had cut singles for a local Indiana label called Steeltown. At an engagement that year at Harlem's famed Apollo Theater, singer Gladys Knight and pianist Billy Taylor saw their act and recommended them to Motown founder Berry Gordy. So did Diana Ross after sharing a stage with the quintet at a "Soul Weekend" in Gary.

Ross said later that she saw herself in the talented and driven Michael. "He could be my son," she said. Another Motown legend, Smokey Robinson, would describe the young performer as "a strange and lovely child, an old soul in the body of a boy."

Motown moved the Jacksons to California, and in August 1968 they gave a breakthrough performance at a Beverly Hills club called The Daisy. Their first album, "Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5," was released in December 1969, and it yielded the No. 1 hit "I Want You Back," with 11-year-old Michael on the lead vocals. "ABC," Ill Be There and other hits followed, and the group soon had their own television series, a Saturday morning cartoon and an array of licensed merchandise aimed at youngsters.

There was a price: childhood.

"I never had the chance to do the fun things kids do," Jackson once explained. "There was no Christmas, no holiday celebrating. So now you try to compensate for some of that loss."

Joseph Jackson ruled the family, by most accounts, with his fists and a bellowing rage. In a 2003 documentary by British journalist Martin Bashir, Jackson said his father often brandished a belt during rehearsals and hit his sons or shoved them into walls if they made a misstep.

"We were terrified of him," Jackson said.

In the Bashir interviews, the singer said his father ridiculed him for his pug nose and adolescent acne. He also described, with obvious discomfort, having to listen to an older brother have sex with a woman in the hotel bedroom they shared.

Onstage, Jackson seemed to know no fear.

"When we sang, people would throw all this money on the floor, tons of dollars, 10s, 20s, lots of change," an adult Jackson once told Newsweek. "I remember my pockets being so full of money that I couldn't keep my pants up. I'd wear a real tight belt. And I'd buy candy like crazy."

Fan or not - I think that everyone can agree that he was one that can never be replaced, nor equaled. Not only was he a icon in the music realm, he was a trail blazer for African Americans worldwide. We've just witnessed the passing of a legend.

At the age of 62, I still crank up his music on a regular basis, especially the Thriller album, and enjoy it every bit as much as the day his albums were released. I will forever appreciate his tremendous talent .

Jackson's doctor denies giving dangerous drugs

LOS ANGELES Michael Jackson's dermatologist said he had sedated the pop star in the past for painful medical procedures but had never given him dangerous sedatives like Propofol to use.

"I was not one of the doctors who participated in giving him overdoses of drugs or too much of anything," Dr. Arnold Klein said in an interview that aired Wednesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "In fact, I was the one who limited everything, who stopped everything."

Link Removed (invalid URL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back