The Controversial Thread

See you are a major part of the problem.

It has sweet FA to do with equality, all BAME, LGBTQIA want special treatment and what's worse is you believe you are entitled to it.

We are sick of having it all rammed down our throats constantly.

If we dare to speak out about it, YOU have proved how you all react, RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC blah, it's pathetic.

The fact your gay has no bearing to me, it's the fact you use it on this forum as a trump card to start bleating about how repressed you are, when in fact in the UK you get more doors opened for you than any non BAME, LGBTQIA person.

If a black man called me a white bastard, nothing would happen, but if i called someone a black bastard, i would likely be arrested.

How does that equal equality?.
"If a black man called me a white bastard"

That's racist it works both ways

"We are sick of having it all rammed down our throats constantly."

You are sick of it cause you don't like it Gaz just admit it.

Asking for equality if ramming it down your throat?
Seing a man kissing a man on tv is ramming down your throat?

Special treatment :laugh: :laugh:

Times are changing Gaz get use to it or move to Russia your gang would fit in over there, They are stuck in the dark ages.:D

The other problem is, where does this all stop? Surely if there is a case for heading to be banned then Boxing should be banned tomorrow.
No, no, no. Boxing should continue, but the fighters must not be allowed to hit each other. Much safer!

I totally agree with you on football - banning headers would ruin the game. Maybe there is a small risk from this occupational hazard, but what are the actual numbers? What percentage of ex-footballers have developed medical conditions which are 100% proved to be from heading footballs?

KK

No, no, no. Boxing should continue, but the fighters must not be allowed to hit each other. Much safer!

I totally agree with you on football - banning headers would ruin the game. Maybe there is a small risk from this occupational hazard, but what are the actual numbers? What percentage of ex-footballers have developed medical conditions which are 100% proved to be from heading footballs?

KK
Footballers know the risk of this, its there choice to play football.
Banning headers is madness.

See you are a major part of the problem.

It has sweet FA to do with equality, all BAME, LGBTQIA want special treatment and what's worse is you believe you are entitled to it.

We are sick of having it all rammed down our throats constantly.

If we dare to speak out about it, YOU have proved how you all react, RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC blah, it's pathetic.

The fact your gay has no bearing to me, it's the fact you use it on this forum as a trump card to start bleating about how repressed you are, when in fact in the UK you get more doors opened for you than any non BAME, LGBTQIA person.

If a black man called me a white bastard, nothing would happen, but if i called someone a black bastard, i would likely be arrested.

How does that equal equality?.

I agree with you to an extent. I already see everyone as equal irrelevant of race, creed, colour, sexual orientation - are we not all just humans?

I do agree though that it is rammed down our throats every day but I try to remain impartial as until you walk in another mans shoes, how do any of us know what they have to contend with in their day to day life, but this works both ways - the only person I see name calling is Jamie so reflection here might be a very good bit of advice for him :)

Times are changing Gaz get use to it or move to Russia your gang would fit in over there, They are stuck in the dark ages.:D

Jesus you are such a plank.

Racism certainly does not work both ways.

Again you try to turn everything to be about you and play your homophobic card.

Your just an embarrassment to yourself , if i,m honest

KK
This is a little known fact, but Muhammad Ali was actually a big fan of this no-hit boxing you speak of.

rrr.gif

KK
Talking of boxing RIP Marvin Hagler

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Trouble is in reality it very rarely does

I saw Marvin years ago. His brother was fighting at the Boston Garden and my buddy was a big boxing fan so I went with him. I got hammered and started calling out "Marvin" he looked up at the rafters and waived to shut me up.

mmmmmmmm...bbbbbbb.....nah......just bite your lip fishcake and back to footie

Only today i was telling my little girl about sliding tackles. We used to play Monday night astroturf when sliding was allowed. Rarely a week i would not have a graze on my knee filled with sand and one in particular stretched the length of my hamstring once.

See i was trying to say how when you have a burneys or hurteys the best way is to dip straight into the bath for a short sharp shock rather than a slow dip which prolongs the agony. Then we started talking about sliding tackles and dives and i realised they will never play the football i played. If a player dived from my tackle the next would give them reason to go down, but i was never sent off in my illustrious career of twice sometimes 3 x a week and including some saturdays and sundays for a good 18 years or so.

Would be great of they started a real football league. Slides allowed, sending off's for dives.

Banning headers? Mamby pamby primadonna's - what next hats and gloves in the winter?......oh hang on, Arsenal already went there :)

And for the record only two sexes and one species - i feel like that is almost a statement to prove sanity in 2021.

mmmmmmmm...bbbbbbb.....nah......just bite your lip fishcake and back to footie

Only today i was telling my little girl about sliding tackles. We used to play Monday night astroturf when sliding was allowed. Rarely a week i would not have a graze on my knee filled with sand and one in particular stretched the length of my hamstring once.

See i was trying to say how when you have a burneys or hurteys the best way is to dip straight into the bath for a short sharp shock rather than a slow dip which prolongs the agony. Then we started talking about sliding tackles and dives and i realised they will never play the football i played. If a player dived from my tackle the next would give them reason to go down, but i was never sent off in my illustrious career of twice sometimes 3 x a week and including some saturdays and sundays for a good 18 years or so.

Would be great of they started a real football league. Slides allowed, sending off's for dives.

Banning headers? Mamby pamby primadonna's - what next hats and gloves in the winter?......oh hang on, Arsenal already went there :)

And for the record only two sexes and one species - i feel like that is almost a statement to prove sanity in 2021.

I feel it also.

The world has gone / is going mad

EVERYTHING gets blown out of proportion and no one can say anything even when intended 100% innocently and attempting a purely harmless conversation without someone (not particularly anyone here, just in general) seeing it as a opening to "create"

I'm both adult and intelligent enough to take things how they should be interpreted (well most of the time anyway) but society today seems to thrive on reacting the opposite of the old norm!

I know what I mean but expressing in text talk, whilst tired is sometimes nigh on impossible lol!

Human, male, female, the rest is invented and there will be a lot more to come.

PS: Anyone who reacts with aggression to this post, forget it, I did not intend any malice and hopefully neither any misunderstanding. In fact by the time I get up tomorrow, I probably won't even recall posting it :oops:

Why I standby a lot I have said, I do want to just say I am calling no one a racist or homophobic ect, Sometimes it may come across that I am directly saying someone is ect, but I am not, Im not the best with words and trying to explain what I want to say.

Certain people actions and words can be read as a pass away comment or indeed offensive, As someone who is in a minority group ive had my fair share of abuse on here and in real life so when I see something which I believe is racist/Homophobic comment I will call it out, Weather the person even realised what they have written is offensive or not.

Peace out :D

:oops:

Think a footnote banning race or politics might help. That includes screaming rascism at the sight of the word black in a sentence. Its use is not banned yet.

How about we all agree to let this one slide and never mention it again for the sake of Snorkys thread
Agree :cheers: Sorry @snorky510238

Why I standby a lot I have said, I do want to just say I am calling no one a racist or homophobic ect, Sometimes it may come across that I am directly saying someone is ect, but I am not, Im not the best with words and trying to explain what I want to say.
So what did you mean with this then?

Your clearly have a deeper issue with racist to even bring this up.

As I read it as you calling him a racist.
I also agree with him, call me a racist if you want, but people should get jobs, in any sector, acting/shop/CEO whatever, as they are best qualified or suited to the role. Nothing else should come into it.

Look at It's A Sin. Only cast gay actors for the main cast. Totally agree with that as they most likely had experiences that they could draw on when acting and most likely made them the best people for the job.
However, imagine the uproar if an advert appeared in the trade papers saying roles for an upcoming TV series were available, but they only wanted to cast straight white people for the roles.

I did not think of the vaccine when I saw the news break last night, thought it might be another early death related to boxing, a black baseball legend died a month back or so just after having his vaccine, he was old but not on death's door. Doesn't take a lot to raise safety doubts, and high profile people dying is a sure-fire guarantee to increase vaccine scepticism [particularly these new ones]

those marvin haggler fights in the 80's were something, beating hitman hearns, and then sugar ray leonard made a comeback and beat him.

Last edited:
So what did you mean with this then?

Your clearly have a deeper issue with racist to even bring this up.

As I read it as you calling him a racist.
I also agree with him, call me a racist if you want, but people should get jobs, in any sector, acting/shop/CEO whatever, as they are best qualified or suited to the role. Nothing else should come into it.

Look at It's A Sin. Only cast gay actors for the main cast. Totally agree with that as they most likely had experiences that they could draw on when acting and most likely made them the best people for the job.
However, imagine the uproar if an advert appeared in the trade papers saying roles for an upcoming TV series were available, but they only wanted to cast straight white people for the roles.
Colin I fully agree its wrong to cast only gay people for a gay tv show.

Your sexuality gender colour shouldn't stop you getting a role.

My issue is, Why do people have an issue with bame or gay people being over used in adverts/tv why does it matter if a advert had a black family more now than 10 years ago, I dont get why it would even be discussed, You must have a negative feeling towards it to talk about it.

Like I said just Thats it now.

As this is a no holds barred thread. A lot of people who bang on about BLM, LGBT etc seen to have enormous chips on their shoulders.

This country (England) is one of THE most welcoming, diverse, least racist or homophobic countries in the world.

If I went to example Pakistan, was gay and wanted equal treatment, to have an LGBT pride day, I would either be shot dead or imprisoned for life. Come back and criticise this country when the world treats people from all background, races etc as well as we do.

Colin I fully agree its wrong to cast only gay people for a gay tv show.

Your sexuality gender colour shouldn't stop you getting a role.
I don't think it's wrong in this case, I've no doubt they played the part better than a straight man would, as they have had to go through a lot of what the characters did, so the 'acting' is real. Thats what made it so good.

My point is that RTD only looked at gay actors. I understand his reasoning for that, but my point being, he hasn't been all over the press for it. However, if a director wanted ONLY straight white men to play the parts of straight white men, there would be absolute hell on.

It's double standards, and directors seem to be forcing actors into roles that they don't really belong in because of it, because they are scared of being called homophonic or racist if they don't. If theres a job going for an actor, he or she should get that job because they perform best at the audition, not because they need someone not white or straight to 'balance the books' as it were.

Thats what I think @9HOURSAWAY was getting at, not meaning, as you seem to have taken it, that gay or non white actors shouldn't be given jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back