The Controversial Thread

Last week on Big Brother here, yes we still have that show (and I love it), there was quite a big discussion about racism between a black girl and a white guy whose partner is from Asian descent.

He was telling a story that when he vacationed in the home country of his partner he encountered racism, the locals wouldn't let him get on a bus and would literally walk in a circle around him to avoid him like the plague. She claimed that because he was a white guy, who have historically speaking ruled the world for hundreds of years, he couldn't call that racism.

I had to disagree, and so did alot of viewers really. The fact they did that to him means they do that to everyone else who isn't from there. That's systemic racism too if you ask me. It's not because the subject is white (and male on top of that) that it can't be racism.

I bet some black folk watching these "making a pointed message" adverts also raise an eyebrow, esp black women, it's a clumsy form of attempted social conditioning/engineering from woke advertising agencies and firms, stacked to the rafters with liberal white males and owners. When halifax ran those howard adverts with the black bank manager, no one really minded other than they were a bit annoying/cheesy. There is a natural healthy balance reflecting reality but we're slipping away from that atm.

Last week on Big Brother here, yes we still have that show (and I love it), there was quite a big discussion about racism between a black girl and a white guy whose partner is from Asian descent.

He was telling a story that when he vacationed in the home country of his partner he encountered racism, the locals wouldn't let him get on a bus and would literally walk in a circle around him to avoid him like the plague. She claimed that because he was a white guy, who have historically speaking ruled the world for hundreds of years, he couldn't call that racism.

I had to disagree, and so did alot of viewers really. The fact they did that to him means they do that to everyone else who isn't from there. That's systemic racism too if you ask me. It's not because the subject is white (and male on top of that) that it can't be racism.
If you treat anyone different or use slurs cause of there colour of there skin or there ethnicity, weather that person who being abusive is white black Asian African English its racist, Racism is not just a one way thing.

I bet some black folk watching these "making a pointed message" adverts also raise an eyebrow, esp black women, it's a clumsy form of attempted social conditioning/engineering from woke advertising agencies and firms, stacked to the rafters with liberal white males and owners. When halifax ran those howard adverts with the black bank manager, no one really minded other than they were a bit annoying/cheesy. There is a natural healthy balance reflecting reality but we're slipping away from that atm.
Try playing the new version of the childhood favourite boardgame 'Guess Who'

'Are they transgender' leaves half the board still up :p

I feel it also.

The world has gone / is going mad

EVERYTHING gets blown out of proportion and no one can say anything even when intended 100% innocently and attempting a purely harmless conversation without someone (not particularly anyone here, just in general) seeing it as a opening to "create"

I'm both adult and intelligent enough to take things how they should be interpreted (well most of the time anyway) but society today seems to thrive on reacting the opposite of the old norm!

I know what I mean but expressing in text talk, whilst tired is sometimes nigh on impossible lol!

Human, male, female, the rest is invented and there will be a lot more to come.

PS: Anyone who reacts with aggression to this post, forget it, I did not intend any malice and hopefully neither any misunderstanding. In fact by the time I get up tomorrow, I probably won't even recall posting it :oops:
Yes totally agree :thumbsup: Have to be careful these days of what we say :eek2: so many people are just too serious, why?? Can't say this word or that word anymore because its racist, offensive etc

Humans are such hard work , please don't take offense humans :laugh:

Smile when see a dog

Run away/scowl when approached by humans

Captures it all; humans are the worst.
To be fair, compared to dogs, alot of things are the worst.
What would we do without them,

Just look at this hero, scaring away the evil Deer before they have time to eat the humans.
Thank god for Fenton.

To be fair, compared to dogs, alot of things are the worst.
What would we do without them,

Just look at this hero, scaring away the evil Deer before they have time to eat the humans.
Thank god for Fenton.

he also gave the folk in the cars a tasty meaty treat for dinner later :p

I did not think of the vaccine when I saw the news break last night, thought it might be another early death related to boxing, a black baseball legend died a month back or so just after having his vaccine, he was old but not on death's door. Doesn't take a lot to raise safety doubts, and high profile people dying is a sure-fire guarantee to increase vaccine scepticism [particularly these new ones]

those marvin haggler fights in the 80's were something, beating hitman hearns, and then sugar ray leonard made a comeback and beat him.
It reminds me of a time where we would often share 1 pair of gloves( I would have the left hand glove) then beat the shit out of each other one handed.
I often witnessed Alan Minter wasting himself away with drink back in the mid 90's. He would often be spoiling for a fight but he was so gone that he was a pushover :(

Football has changed in many ways over the last 50 years, the balls in particular have changed and maybe they wouldnt impact on the head with as much force as it would have had in the past BUT is it really sensible to believe that there can be no long term damage if you constantly hit your head against something over the course of 15 - 20 years?
We have known for years that in later stages boxers appear to be punch drunk and we still let them battle on, and for me thats 100 times worse than letting footballers head the ball.

Football has changed in many ways over the last 50 years, the balls in particular have changed and maybe they wouldnt impact on the head with as much force as it would have had in the past BUT is it really sensible to believe that there can be no long term damage if you constantly hit your head against something over the course of 15 - 20 years?
We have known for years that in later stages boxers appear to be punch drunk and we still let them battle on, and for me thats 100 times worse than letting footballers head the ball.
The balls change like every 2-3 years.
Seems to be mostly to make the job harder for the poor goalkeepers. :laugh:

You couldnt make shots like these with balls 50 years ago.

I still think, it should be a personal choice. If the dangers and hazards are known then the individual can make their own choice. Nobody is forcing them to play football or take up boxing.

I think heading is already banned at under 12 level. Now that’s all well and good but come the 2030 World Cup and heading is still possibly in the sport, then countries that banned it at junior level and possibly further will be at a massive disadvantage.

P.S. Not that it will make a difference to England, as they still have to learn how to kick it properly first.

I still think, it should be a personal choice. If the dangers and hazards are known then the individual can make their own choice. Nobody is forcing them to play football or take up boxing.

I think heading is already banned at under 12 level. Now that’s all well and good but come the 2030 World Cup and heading is still possibly in the sport, then countries that banned it at junior level and possibly further will be at a massive disadvantage.

P.S. Not that it will make a difference to England, as they still have to learn how to kick it properly first.
will really kill football in scotland as the balls in the air, along with most clubs' finances, 95% of the time.

Just an observation on some other things brought up in this thread:
Has society really got to the stage where white people cant disagree with what a BAME person says without being called a racist, and we cant disagree with someone from the LGBTQ community without being tarred as a homophobe?
Yes it has here's what happened to me in work last month.
We have now been screwed to work alone which means eating lunch and taking toilet breaks in the office
One shift I had been busting to go to the bog for about 3 hours so comes 14.45hrs I put the toilet break sign on the door "back in 5 mins ish"
Away I went and after about 30 secs I heard the door opening and this prick starts whistling so I had to cut it short and out I walk to the office and there stands a black guy so I say
"were u fucking whistling at me?"
Yes he says I have to get into work
"I'm not a fucking dog and did u not see the sign on the door saying Toilet break"
Yes he says but I didn't read it duhhh
"right so why didn't u read it?? can u not read??
He then comes out with the statement that" I'm a racists pig and he's reporting me to H R" for saying he can't read pff
He was then poilety told to go fuck him self
The same attitude would have been given to any prick getting on like that and not just because he was black

Just an observation on some other things brought up in this thread:
Has society really got to the stage where white people cant disagree with what a BAME person says without being called a racist, and we cant disagree with someone from the LGBTQ community without being tarred as a homophobe?
Short answer - Yes, it has.

Long answer - Can't be arsed, because someone will almost certainly take offence to it for the sake of being offended.
And I have better things to do with my time then spend it arguing with hysterical woketard bampots.

I'll just say one more thing. It didn't surprise me in the slightest to see who emerged as the biggest trouble maker in this thread.

Is it OK to say this government's Green agenda is insane.

The UK contributes under 1% of "pollution" which is debatable anyway.

Why is barking mad Boris looking to fuck us over with green policies which will cost people tens of thousands of pounds, and destroy our already fucked covid ravaged economy further.

One could be forgiven for thinking an an agenda is being played out here 21

Is it OK to say this government's Green agenda is insane.

The UK contributes under 1% of "pollution" which is debatable anyway.

Why is barking mad Boris looking to fuck us over with green policies which will cost people tens of thousands of pounds, and destroy our already fucked covid ravaged economy further.

One could be forgiven for thinking an an agenda is being played out here 21
Well if we think covid was a compleate fuck over, its nothing to What is coming the planets way due to us greedy shits raping the planet the way we have done.
I can't help but it think if we put the time, resources, and effort into saving the planet as we did for this covid bollocks our kids and grandkids might have a brighter future,...

Yes it has here's what happened to me in work last month.
We have now been screwed to work alone which means eating lunch and taking toilet breaks in the office
One shift I had been busting to go to the bog for about 3 hours so comes 14.45hrs I put the toilet break sign on the door "back in 5 mins ish"
Away I went and after about 30 secs I heard the door opening and this prick starts whistling so I had to cut it short and out I walk to the office and there stands a black guy so I say
"were u fucking whistling at me?"
Yes he says I have to get into work
"I'm not a fucking dog and did u not see the sign on the door saying Toilet break"
Yes he says but I didn't read it duhhh
"right so why didn't u read it?? can u not read??
He then comes out with the statement that" I'm a racists pig and he's reporting me to H R" for saying he can't read pff
He was then poilety told to go fuck him self
The same attitude would have been given to any prick getting on like that and not just because he was black
People just seem to be becoming more insufferable in general, especially at work it seems.

Thing is, you can’t even verbally go to town on anyone and have a good old fashioned bust up because they go running to HR. They can dish it out but can’t take it back. I personally love a good argument every now and then...both sides have it out and I get to rip em a new one :D

Self restraint is becoming more and more a necessary commodity.

I miss Ben On the forum.
is that controversial?
I miss Ben also, we disagreed on a lot but we always managed to work it out, He was very outspoken at times he was blunt which I liked but sometimes abit to blunt :laugh: The man was fair and a top bloke and I had some great Pms with him.
Anyone know if he's actively on any other forums ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back