- Joined
- Oct 24, 2005
- Location
- UK
Absolutely shocking from Tennessee, IMO. Stinks of complete and utter incompetence.
"Last night, the execution team attempted to establish an IV line for an hour," Spivey said. "I counted at least seven needles used in her left arm alone, one of which appeared to be bent when it was pulled from her arm after an unsuccessful attempt."
Whether she is guilty or not, I am appalled by what I have read. Surely there can be no room for incompetence whatsoever when it comes to executions. Everything should be triple checked many, many times over before a procedure is carried out, surely? What I did not realise of course (and I really should have) is that the 'nurses' that administer the IV line are not nurses but just personnel, as nurses legally and ethically cannot administer lethal injections - goes without saying really.
I've had problems myself in the past with IV lines and sometimes a ward nurse can encounter problems with the line and will request for a more experienced IV nurse to administer it.
All those involved and especially the prison governor/warden, should be sacked.
"Last night, the execution team attempted to establish an IV line for an hour," Spivey said. "I counted at least seven needles used in her left arm alone, one of which appeared to be bent when it was pulled from her arm after an unsuccessful attempt."
Whether she is guilty or not, I am appalled by what I have read. Surely there can be no room for incompetence whatsoever when it comes to executions. Everything should be triple checked many, many times over before a procedure is carried out, surely? What I did not realise of course (and I really should have) is that the 'nurses' that administer the IV line are not nurses but just personnel, as nurses legally and ethically cannot administer lethal injections - goes without saying really.
I've had problems myself in the past with IV lines and sometimes a ward nurse can encounter problems with the line and will request for a more experienced IV nurse to administer it.
All those involved and especially the prison governor/warden, should be sacked.
