MAY I GET YOUR HELP?

Rich has an appt at 430pm BUT when I just looked at my email I got this?

Under no circumstances can you come to the farm without a prior appointment. Do not just show up again without an invitation.

Rich has an appt at 430pm BUT when I just looked at my email I got this?

Under no circumstances can you come to the farm without a prior appointment. Do not just show up again without an invitation.

Oh my..geez. I really hope their not as cruel as they sound. This has to come out good for you, anything else would just be inhumane. Anything I can do to help, just let me know.
Patrina

Babs...just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it.

Email, phone calls...I will drive to PA if nessecary.

Bern...how awful.

Patrina...it sickens me to think these are people that "take care" of cats.

K, First
Thank you Bern for calming me down for an hour in chat.

Rich just got home. They had a long talk and the shelter said they would think about it and call me tonight. Dont know if its just torture or they want me to wait for some reason

PLEASE; NO MORE EMAILS:)

I want to thank ALL of you for your support and I hope that King will be back by tomorrow. Ill let you know what happens. I have to remain calm on the phone , thats why I didnt go, I would of gotten arrested for punching him. Rich is a level headed stoner that is very laid back and I knew I could count on him to do and say the right things.

Ill let you know what happens
Babs

K, First
Thank you Bern for calming me down for an hour in chat.

Rich just got home. They had a long talk and the shelter said they would think about it and call me tonight. Dont know if its just torture or they want me to wait for some reason

PLEASE; NO MORE EMAILS:)

I want to thank ALL of you for your support and I hope that King will be back by tomorrow. Ill let you know what happens. I have to remain calm on the phone , thats why I didnt go, I would of gotten arrested for punching him. Rich is a level headed stoner that is very laid back and I knew I could count on him to do and say the right things.

Ill let you know what happens
Babs

Sounds like it's going to be ok Babs. I am still praying. And yep those level headed stoners are much more stable then us Mama bears missing our cubs.
Patrina p.s. thx for keeping us informed

He never called me, in the meantime Channel 3 news here in Phila wants my story BUT... I will be so kind to give this man one more day to call me. I know its a power move on his part but I am remaining calm so to not change his mind. Getting King is more important to me then getting back at this sad person.

Ill let you know. RIch wants me to take tomorrow off so Im not sure Ill be on here much. Im in alot of pain and have a migraine, I wanted to atleast give you the courtesy of an update and will continue to do so.

Thanks Again

Thanks Annie

A generous member of here and 3dice (same person) is helping me out. I just sent them all the papers I had as well as medical records and they are gonna try to get king back for me. My vet was out of town until tomorrow so Im hoping to get an opinion letter from her.

I told our local cbs that if I dont get King back by Wednesday I would contact them because one of the reporters took an interest.

I also have one last resort plan that I cant state on here until I get him back but Im sure most of you have figured that one out lol.

THanks Again I really do appreciate your concern:)

FULL STEAM AHEAD

OK, We are getting nowhere so its time to get aggressive. KYW has this story Im about to paste. I am going to go to every single cat lover/bad shelter sites I can find and paste this story. If you have ANY time at all to even just do one site, I would appreciate it. Im just going to google cat sites and put it there. If you dont see a story with the heading "I JUST WANT MY KING BACK" It would be appreciated if you could paste it there. THanks again for all of your support. This isnt over folks. Its just starting!

My Story My husband and I went to MLAR in very late January to adopt a cat. Our pet died from cancer about a month prior to this and the house was lonely. We saw this cute boy named King. MLAR said he was very sweet but if we wanted him we had to take his sister Rerun(rayna now). We only wanted one cat decided to take both and we fell in love with both of them right away. Kingston was my boy and laid with me 24/7 because Im on Disability for Fibromyalgia and spend most of my days in bed. I noticed in late May that King wasnt eating his hard food but thought nothing of it because he was still playful and eating his soft food and going to the bathroom. After about another 4 weeks in June he started to make this wierd sound and would run away from food all together. I immediatly took him to the Vet. They thought it was severe gingivitis and gave him/me antibiotics to take for 2 weeks and go back. We went back because it didnt work. Dr High said that is was so severe that at this point he "probably" wouldnt be cured but to try a stronger antiobiotic. (this was July 10) We gave him stronger meds and it seemed to work for a week or two after we finished the cycle of meds. I was relieved. Then the end of August came and he got bad again. I took him back to the vet and this time my vet was on vacation and we saw another vet. She got a little more aggressive and said there was about a 60%chance it would work. She said "its a shame, his teeth look very healthy" "I wouldnt take them all out" which was what our first vet Dr High had been saying. She also stated her "opinion" was that this infection started before we adopted him. Anyway, this vet gave him a shot for dehydration , a pain shot, prednisone and stronger antibiotics. So far I spent about $350 for this infection. He was doing great for about 2 weeks, I really thought this did, he was eating his treats and soft food. The vet said not to worry if he didnt eat hard food. As long as he was eating his soft food it was fine. Around mid Sept King went to eat his soft food and just screamed his head off. It was horrifying. The vet said the most humane thing to do was to put him down because it would be too cruel to remove all of his teeth. She said he could probably last a couple more weeks with more shots but I asked "would that be throwing bad money aftergood?" She agreed with that statement. Rich (husband) took King back to MLAR and explained that we couldnt go through another euthinasia shot and watch another cat pass. It was too emotional for us. I was too close to king to even fo the shelter. Rich went there and explained the whole story. The person at the shelter said she understood and we did the right thing. He came home and we cried together for a good hour and tried to keep it together for Rayna. 2 weeks later Rich called the shelter for 2 reasons, to get closure on king and make sure he went in peace and to find out if this was the time to get Rayna a friend or if it was too early. We wanted to do everything the right way. Rich talked to Megan. She told him that King was still alive and that they removed ALL his teeth. We were flabberghasted. They never called us and told us they were doing this or give us the option to pay for the surgery. They just did and kept him. We asked for him back and asked what it would take to get him back. They refuse to give him back. They got emails of support on my behalf and wrote me a nasty email saying they were "thinking about giving king back but since they got emails there was no chance now" I still have that email. Rich went up to the shelter last Saturday to talk it out quietly and man to man with Bill Smith (he's in charge) . Rich plead with him and told him the whole story. Bill told Rich he promised to call me that night. That was last Saturday and we still havnt heard from them. I am outraged that this place made me take both cats as to not separate the two and now refuse to give me MY cat back without even a phone call or option to pay for his surgery. My brother even sent me a check that is still in my account incase he needed any surger. I deposited it two weeks before we brought him back. I want my cat back and on top of it , at this point, I want him back without paying the bill because of what they did. MLAR-610-933-0606, adopt@MLAR.com info@MLAR.com

THis is the email I just sent MLAR

Bill was suppose to call me last Saturday night, infact he promised Rich that he would. It has now been a week and Ive been very patient. Now I will get aggressive. So far I have pasted the following story to 4 forums. Every hour you do not call me to get king ,I will add 4 more. I also sent it the kyw, nbc, ALL of your thanked supporters on your site and a advocate that you will be hearing from shortly. Again I was patient and stopped emails, now are bets are off

So most shelters will euthanize pets for free ??
We also paid dearly for our 18 year old cat to be put down...and we didn't stay either..we couldn't. We even had to pay for her disposal. Very heartbreaking when the time comes to make decisions such as these...

I told our local cbs that if I dont get King back by Wednesday I
???

King is in back
Now I am truly confused..is he or is he not back???

I never said "king is back" I dont know where you saw that unless you took it from "I wont rest until king is back" or something like that. Im still fighting to get him

I never said "king is back" I dont know where you saw that unless you took it from "I wont rest until king is back" or something like that. Im still fighting to get him

babs, I think silcnlayc refers to a photo of two cats you posted, with note reading 'king is one in the back'

Incredible

The vet just called and said, "my son is in the hospital so this isnt a priority" "I know those ppl who own that shelter, why dont you just let it go, its not like hes your child"

Something isnt right here because she was nice at first and even said she still at that point wouldnt of removed his teeth. She said something about a biopsy that could of been done but he was so uncomfortable and so much in pain that she never suggested it.

Im hearing a bunch of different stories and Im sick of it. I cant believe she said "why dont you just get rayna a little kitty"

I dont know where you saw that
Here:
Fleur-De-Lis:babs, I think silcnlayc refers to a photo of two cats you posted, with note reading 'king is one in the back'
Thank you Fleur-De-Lis, I didn't think I was seeing things...:lolup: When I saw "King is in back", I took it you had him back....Strange how one reads anothers post...

Babs,

When your husband took the cat back to the shelter did he sign the cat back over to them? I am confused because, correct me if I misstate, you took him back to the shelter because you couldn't stand to have him put down and you weren't financially able to have the surgery performed if it would not help.
If you signed papers to give the cat back to the shelter, then you signed your rights away to him and he, again, belong to the shelter to do with as they choose.

Unfortunately, Texas does not have many "no kill" shelters. Most are county run and on very limited budgets. But I do know that if you take an animal back to the shelter you got it from, you have to sign away all rights to the animal.

For the sake of King, hope all works out for his interest.

I just got off the phone with Rich, Thank You Annie, that was a great question. He said "no, i dropped him off, talked to the lady and left, she didnt have me sign anything"

When I said I didnt want to spend money on surgery that wouldnt work, I dont think I said it like that. Ill have to find it. What I told her is that when she said "we can give him more pain shots and medicine that may keep him alive longer" I then said "wouldnt that not only be throwing bad money after good but also just delaying his demise" I would of loved to have that extra time but I thought that would be selfish of me to do that to him. The vet didnt make a few things clear that she admitted on the phone today and I think that is why she is suddenly bailing out.

Babs, this really is some mess hun, I can't believe that Bob hasn't phoned you when he said he would!!!!

I know the vet might be worried about her son which is understandable, but she seems to be avoiding the issue at hand, it seems that she has some pull with the shelter and they would listen to her and you'd have King back in an instant....something smells really fishy about the whole thing!!

It's time to get Berny on your side and whoever else said they would help you get King back!!!!

I know this is wearing you down so much hun and it's a big fight but King is worth it to you and Rich so the best of luck and hope King is home safe soon!

Cat xxx

He wrote me and threatened the police and attorneys!! For what? writing in forums?? He also said he heard that I was talking about breaking into a kennel? Yeah right, I have the energy to do that. Hmm I wonder who wrote him and told him that story lol. I told him to stop hiding behind his little computer and have the balls to call me. I also told him if he thinks its worth spending money on attorneys instead of using that money for his shelter than more power to him. Im just not in the mood to play nice with this lying jackass. He went back on his word and never called me. All bets are off

I got alot of valuable information today from a cat forum and it seems that my vet even misdiagnosed him. I have a deep gut feeling that these throat lesions have nothing to do with gingivitis rather some bacterial infection or allergy OR stomachtitis(sp). "sometimes" pulling all of the teeth helps but theres a 40% chance that it wont work and it would have been done for nothing. We wont even know for weeks per my discussion with this person I chatted with.

This no kill thing, I honestly thought it meant they didnt put animals down just because they cant find parents for them. I didnt realize that no kill meant literally no kill no matter what. So that means even if a cat IS dying, lets say from a car accident, they just let it be in pain until he passes away? To me that is more cruel than not giving him peace. I would never put a cat down or any other pet if I thought there was a chance of recovery but the way the vet told me about king , thats what it looked like to me. And noone saw him scream in pain the way I did. It was horrifying and Ill never forget it

hi babs

i am so so sorry for what you are going through. i will keep praying and hoping this persons heart will soften, it just makes me so angry for what he is doing to you. may god bless you and bring you king back where he belongs.

pevangel

no kill does NOT mean they suffer...

This no kill thing, I honestly thought it meant they didnt put animals down just because they cant find parents for them. I didnt realize that no kill meant literally no kill no matter what. So that means even if a cat IS dying, lets say from a car accident, they just let it be in pain until he passes away? To me that is more cruel than not giving him peace. I would never put a cat down or any other pet if I thought there was a chance of recovery but the way the vet told me about king , thats what it looked like to me. And noone saw him scream in pain the way I did. It was horrifying and Ill never forget it

First off I will say.. Babs I understand that you are upset so please do no take this the wrong way or read any deeper into it than it states. I speak from first hand experience.. But.. please don't jump to conclusions like the one above. that is a tough field to work in.
Whether I am on ignore or not I do have to speak up on this one issue here. (I am not going to say a word about ALL the rest of it)
A NO KILL Shelter does NOT mean they do NOT put an animal down AT ALL!:eek:
(my career prior to vet tech started at a boarding kennel which had a small NO KILL shelter that could hold 10-12 dogs and 10 cats in the back. If need be look it up "holiday kennels" WAS located in Brockton Massachusettes,, the owner Mr. Sebell sold out to "best friends" but when the Sebell's owned it there was a NO KILL shelter in the back. I worked there while working nights at a 24 hour emergency animal hospital)
NO KILL shelters first off are very, very hard to come by. BUT it does not mean that they will NOT put down a suffering cat or dog.:mad: The percentage rate is aproximately 98%.
They will NOT let any animal suffer. IF they need medical attention they WILL get it and if at all possible the animal WILL be saved!
In all my years in the field I saw 1 (one) dog put down at the no kill shelter.. and that was because he pinned a worker up against a wall in a rage! that was after a previous attack on another worker! there was no way to place an animal that aggresive without putting any perspective adoptive owner in jeopardy.
IF AN ANIMAL IS SUFFERING THEY SEEK PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ATTENTION AND IF NEED BE EUTHANIZE.

I watched a dog brought in to the 24 hour emergency animal hospital by the animal control officer. He was hit by a car and had his side literally split open. He had a collar..BUT he had NO tags and NO tatoo... WE could not do anything EXCEPT try to keep him comfortable while we tried to find the owners. When that failed we had to euthanize him because we could not perform medical treatment on him without written consent. therefore I think it is more inhumane to let a dog run around with no collar or tags or tattoo.
Also There were so many scenarios where one of US tech's took on the financial burden and adopted an animal in this situation because we could not bear to watch them suffer and we "fell in love" or he had a "great personality".. and we did this knowing that the owner may come forward and we would have NO claim to this animal. We did our job because of our LOVE for animals. period.

btw, IMO .. It takes a great heart to work with animals under these/those conditions and everyone I ever worked with had a heart of gold.

Thanks for the explanation. I do appreciated that you took the time to write and I new you worked with animals and even know I "had" you on ignore I was still hoping you would write your opinion on this no kill thing.

I was totally confused about that. I think I am over emotional about the pain of an animal. I love them to a fault and one thing I want to make clear is that I dont want them to think I just gave up. They didnt even give me the chance to tell them how many times I brought King in for treatment. I didnt even ask the vet "is this visit gonna cost alot?" Not once did that enter my mind. He was sick, I took him in. period. I have the ADL looking into this per the recommendation of the NSAL.

I think if the vet did the right thing this wouldnt of happen as well. Her opinion and diagnosis was not correct, the vet that worked for her while on vacation was closer in dx'ing BUT wiht the same outcome? How could this happen? I heeded wrong advise and I guess Ill have to live with that. The reason I took such immediate action with the shelter when they said "no" the first 2 times is that I felt I had to because I was afraid he would get adopted out fast because he's the sweetest boy I know. I really wish I could let this go and Im trying but it just hurts soo much that I cant barely work out and I havnt left the bedroom since except for under 1/2 hour store trips

Incredible

The vet just called and said, "my son is in the hospital so this isnt a priority" "I know those ppl who own that shelter, why dont you just let it go, its not like hes your child"

Something isnt right here because she was nice at first and even said she still at that point wouldnt of removed his teeth. She said something about a biopsy that could of been done but he was so uncomfortable and so much in pain that she never suggested it.

Im hearing a bunch of different stories and Im sick of it. I cant believe she said "why dont you just get rayna a little kitty"

But our pets ARE like our children, and even moreso for those who are childless. While I can understand that if her child is ill she may not have the time to be writing on your behalf, but it sounds more like she is covering her own backside for a faulty diagnosis.

Doctors disagree on diagnosis and treatment plans, and vets have patients that cannot talk and give them less information.

I do hope you get Kingston back, but it looks like this man has made up his mind. I am cannot understand why he would not be willing to return this cat, especially if you are willing to pay for the medical services he received

I am curious though as to why you took him to the shelter to be put down rather than to the vet's office?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back