May I ask for a bit of support here?

Some news.

They started doing chemo today. There will be three days in the hospital, and then they let him go home for three weeks, before repeating the course.

Medicine sucks in Belarus, as I said, so he was diagnosed way too late (stage IV, as you know). But surprisingly he's feeling well: no pains at all, good sleep, "light" cough, walking at least 2 hours a day. Doctors are amazed and said that with all these metastases he must have been already preparing to die in pain and agony. But he's doing absolutely the opposite.

I call him every day to speak to him and know how's he. Priceless moments, when I'm talking to him and hearing his voice.

Thank you again.

Viktar.

Viktar,

My heart goes out to you and your family. Please know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. My dad was diagnosed with stage IV neck and throat cancer and he fought like none other. Intense chemotherapy and radiation, many many days of not being able to walk etc. The whole family honestly thought he was going to die, even the doctors said he wasn't going to make it. This was a turning point in my life to never take anything for granted. Good news came out of it all, he is cancer free and has been for two years now. He is gaining his weight back and is happier now than ever before. So just want to let you know I definitely know what you are going through and there is hope. Even the tiniest bit of hope keeps you going.

Stay strong and know that prayers are a powerful thing.

So sorry to hear this Viktar,

You and your family will be in my thoughts, it is a horrible thing to go through for anyone if you ever need an ear to bash about anything just send us a pm mate.

Cheers
Matt

I too have a familymember just diagnost with cancer so I know what you are going through right now.
Everything about cancer is awful except the fact that you will have time to talk and time to spend together.
Value that and you will have good memories.
Let's hope for the best outcome for you and your father.
Stay strong!

I was diagnosed almost 5 years ago with stage 4 metastatic lung cancer. Went through chemo and radiation therapy twice. With the support of family, friends and the birth of my first grandson, I survived. I beleive having a positive outlook and enjoying the little things in life such as a new grandson helped me pull through. Tell your dad to stay strong and think positive.

Sorry for digging up old thread, but I just needed to share this with someone.

Unfortunately, my father died today.

R.I.P.

father.jpeg

Very sorry to hear terrible news (( This is awful, but you need to be strong for your dad and keep him strong. Good and positive things happen when you think and feel positive way. I am very familiar with medicine in Belarus, just cam back from there :(( Maybe look outside for different options, although i know how difficult it is.
As my wife from Belarus, please let us know if we can help in any way.

Удачи! Держитесь!

PS/.--I was very late to wish the best(( RIP, very sad news. Keep strong!

Hey, Viktar,

I am really, really sorry for your loss. I know the pain of losing a parent - and to cancer as well. Cherish the good times and memories.

Condolences to you and your family.

Deepest condolences to you and your family :( Stay strong and cherish the valuable time you have spent together.

I'm sorry for your loss :(

I am so sorry for your loss.

I am not a religious person, but I know people survive past their own lifetimes in the hearts and memories of those they touched. Honour his memory by being the best man you can be.

Grief doesn't happen in a day or a year, it's an ongoing process. So allow yourself sorrow, and allow yourself pleasure without guilt. And feel free to talk with us here, so many of us have been through this too.

Sorry for digging up old thread, but I just needed to share this with someone.

Unfortunately, my father died today.

R.I.P.

Sorry to hear that SlotMonster. I'm guessing that's him in the picture? Handsome looking man. Losing my parents is a fear that stays in the back of my mind. Grandmother use to always tell me before she died, "we didn't come here to stay." Hopefully you're able to deal with it as best you can.

No need to apologize for the post by the way. Feel free to post as many times a day as needed. As you see by the responses there are plenty here willing to listen.

Sorry to hear this, SlotMonster.

Prayers to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss.

No words can console you but just know that we all can relate to this terrible disease.

I am really, really sorry for your loss. I know the pain of losing a parent - and to cancer as well. Cherish the good times and memories.
Condolences to you and your family.
Ditto to that; I lost my dad the same way.
My mother is still alive but has severe dimenture... I don't know which is worse really.

Sorry for your loss Viktar :(

KK

Sosorry to hear that, hope God blesses him and he is healthy once again. Praying can help you as well as it can help your father as it gives you strength to cope if nothing else. May God be with your family at this time of difficulty

Heartfelt condolences to you and family.

My mom has cancer for the past 2 years. 20 years ago she was diag with breast cancer and had her breast, lymphnods etc removed. After 10 years was declared cancer free. 2 years ago her hip basically rotted away and that's when we found out her cancer came back and was in her other breast and has moved to her bones. It's been 2 years since we found out, she's still doing good but the cancer is slowly taking her life.

It's had to watch but just know that your father is in no more pain. You have so many memories that will stay with you forever and help ease the pain.

Thank you very much for your comments and support. We are slowly getting back to 'normal' life. The whole family is together now, supporting each other, and especially our Mom. I'm doing okay, at least now I'm feeling better than few days ago.

About my father. Despite the fact that he was hardly able to eat or even sit straight for more than few moments, he was thinking mostly about us. His body and bones were covered by metastases, but he didn't feel any pain at all. He passed away quietly, surrounded by his family members.

Thanks again.
Viktar.

Вить, прими мои соболезнования :(
Люди умирают, это пожалуй самая грустная вещь в жизни...Удачи тебе и семье, держитесь...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back