life after bonuses

Let_It_Ride

Quit Gambling
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Location
europe
the bonus poll is beginning to show that maybe bonuses are losing their appeal, and there have been some interesting comments already that I think merit starting it's own thread.

So what are we loyal gamblers looking for that will get the casino our business.

Me I like goodies, especially gambling related so any casino that starts giving away stuff like casino chips with their logo or craps dice or good quality playing cards, you get the idea, the stuff you find in real BM casinos.

The cherry on the cake for me would be if 32Red (or other casinos with shares) would offer shares in the company based on loyalty points or even as an alternative to cashing out in cash.
 

tim5ny

Quit Gambling
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Let_It_Ride said:
So what are we loyal gamblers looking for that will get the casino our business.

Me I like goodies, especially gambling related so any casino that starts giving away stuff like casino chips with their logo or craps dice or good quality playing cards, you get the idea, the stuff you find in real BM casinos.
I don't care about the novelty gifts too much although just this week a casino that I used to play a while back sent me some great coffee that I really love. I think in the beginning I must have signed up at every casino and took every sign up bonus out there, but I didn't know anything about terms and conditions and WR. I just played and lost, so I never got caught up in the traps laid out there to disqualify your cash-in due to the fine print laid out in the rules. These days I only play at 32Red, and Pat Harrison and Ed Ware see to it personally that my loyalty is rewarded just fine. Just two days ago Pat sent me a surprise email stating that he matched my last 2 deposits and put it in my account with no strings attached. It's stuff like that which keeps me loyal. If anyone is going to reply that 32Red never does that for them, like some people always do when I give them kudos, I really don't care ! :)
 

Simmo!

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 29, 2004
Location
England
Yes i mentioned shares to Ed before Xmas but I suspect there is some sort of legal issue with that or he probably would have done something on that score.

Holidays and breaks do it for me. Dump a couple of $k and get a weekend break or something. Maybe if you're down $15-20k at the end of the year, a trip to the maldives with a partner :) Now THAT works for me :)
 

Slotster!

I predict a riot.
CAG
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Location
Location, Location!
tim5ny said:
Just two days ago Pat sent me a surprise email stating that he matched my last 2 deposits and put it in my account with no strings attached. It's stuff like that which keeps me loyal. If anyone is going to reply that 32Red never does that for them, like some people always do when I give them kudos, I really don't care ! :)
I agree.. That's the only sort of bonuses I'm interested in nowadays! 32RED have always been good to me in the past on that score! Roxy Palace have got it about spot on too. Been playing there quite a bit recently, as (even though I've not quite fathomed out the rationale behind it) you get regular cashback on your deposits - usually Monday. I'm with you Tim as well, I'm sure there's probably wagering requirements and all that nonsense, but I either always bust out or burst right through them before I realise...
 

CasinoForumu

Dormant account
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Location
Bursa
I only want faster cashouts with bankwire (like they send to neteller),but I know this is not about them,it is about with banks.
 
Last edited:

1819

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 25, 2006
Location
ny,nj,fla
very simple- bonus with the lowest playthrough. 20, 30 even 40x is insane. brick and morter casinos give $ with no strings attached. people argue that bonus abusers can hurt a casino i disagree. the setup of a casino, land based or online, is set up with enough of a house edge that the casino always makes money. offer a decent bonus or offer none at all.
 

Simmo!

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 29, 2004
Location
England
1819 said:
people argue that bonus abusers can hurt a casino i disagree. the setup of a casino, land based or online, is set up with enough of a house edge that the casino always makes money.
Don't agree with that. Maybe its closer if you term it "bonus hunters", but "bonus abusers" are exactly the people you should thank for the x30and x40 wagering requirement. Some open lots of accounts just to get the bonus and try to profit fraudulently.

Put yourself in the place of a casino manager...how would you like people trying it on with no intention of staying around?
 

1819

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 25, 2006
Location
ny,nj,fla
i do see your point but the amount of money wagered and lost is staggering. if a bonus abuser goes in and takes 50 bucks and runs that only means one person has to lose 50 bucks for the casino to recoup that 50. not unreasonable. instead of upfront bonus' better cashback programs might be the answer. when i drop a few grand in atlantic city i can always be assured of getting a couple hundred back. now if i take the money and run, so what the casino already made its money on me.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top