Kid blows £80k gambling online

Quite a few Kids are exposed to gambling -- not on the serious, regulated Sites that we play on but rather on sites that are absolutely unregulated -- they dont care and dont verify your Age in any way, all they do is say in their Terms that you are not allowed to use the Site if you are below the Age of 18/legal gambling age in your country.
In the gaming scene, there has been a lot of promotion going on for CS:GO gambling sites for example. This is not run through the Game Developer themselves but through some very sketchy individuals. While CS:GO gambling has pretty much died down as Valve was forced to take steps to stop it because of a lawsuit of parents, there most certainly are still sites that are run for other Games. If you are at all interested in this you should Google 'Phantoml0rd scandal' or check out the Videos of Richard Lewis on YouTube regarding this.
YouTubers that are promoting these sites or people running these sites are not being held accountable and to my knowledge not a lot is done against it.
It's been shown time and time again that people specifically target a young audience, rig outcomes for Partners so they have good outcomes for their Videos etc.

In regards to this case:
I find it unbelievable that the Bank would not notify you or even ASK if these transactions are your own doing.

Welcome to blame culture UK where everybody else is responsible other than yourself and/or your immediate family.

What I don't get is how the kid was allowed to continue to gamble after the parents discovered he already had a problem. Didn't they change their credit/debit cards? Block internet access to the kid? Put filters on his/their computer?

But then again "think about the children".

It’s not that difficult to find ways around your parents restrictions. Pretty sure they did all that your saying.

Kids, addicts, etc will always find a way.

The fault lies with the parents first and foremost by being slack, that's not to say certain little cherubs won't or can't find a way to diddle their old folks.

Kid won't get punished, mind, as they're pretty much beyond reproach these days, the thieving brat :cool:

Maybe a week without the XBox?

The fault lies with the parents first and foremost by being slack, that's not to say certain little cherubs won't or can't find a way to diddle their old folks.

Kid won't get punished, mind, as they're pretty much beyond reproach these days, the thieving brat :cool:

That's so harsh, forcing them to have to game only on their phones, tablets and pcs, you big meanie

PlayStation - don't yah know

It is a mad mad story and I agree with previous posters..
Why oh why did the bank not ring the bell..Like it is not healthy to spend this kind of cash on gambling..
Second of all,I understand everyone can make accounts for online gambling, but how did he pass the KYC procedures? I assume he was not even able to WD funds..

I deposited 30k into Coral after no real history at that level and had absolutely no emails or check ups so it is possible.

All depends on the final outcome I think. If you try to cashout £500 you get them at the door wanting all sorts of proof, but not as fussed when it's losses.

Not this one but quite relevant:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

“there were at least 22 incidents indicating the customer was a problem gambler.

"Instead of checking on the welfare of a customer displaying problem gambling behaviour, 32Red encouraged the customer to gamble more“.

Shameful. Families broken and lives destroyed with such actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back