Hot/Cold indicators of MG casinos? Help or Hinderence?

Mavin1

Dormant account
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Location
Arizona
I am wondering if people who play Microgamming casinos, play according to the hot/cold inidcators? If you do can you voice your experience?
Mine is that I always gravitate to them as I can only make small deposits, around $25 to $35 and want it to last or maybe have a good win, which I'm sure we all want the same thing.
99% of the time I play the slots that are indicated as being really hot, I prefer the inidicator to be in the 300 range as I feel if it's higher then the game has already peaked. There has been a couple times this has worked well, like in the 1% range, but for the other approx 99% I always lose all my money.
I keep quiting MCG because of this and feel the indicator can be misleading or a hook to take my money. The other night after losing my $122 on Mayan Princess that was 385ish when I started, played at $1.40 per spin, got only one free spin session paying $16.00 for 13 spins, when I quit the game the inidcator then said it was at 408 HOT HOT HOT!!! It's not just this game but nearly all the ones that are inidcated as being in the hot range.
After losing I decided to play in fun mode on some of the cold games, at 80 to 120 range, wouldn't you know it I hit on all but one slot the free spin/bonus rounds multiple times with nice payouts. :mad:
So does the Hot/Cold indicator help us or hurt us overall? :confused:
 

DiamondGeezer

Dormant account
PABaccred
PABnoaccred
PABnononaccred2
Joined
May 13, 2007
Location
NOT Pennsylvania!!!
It makes no difference, it neither hurts us or helps us. Really you are better off playing a game that you simply enjoy, as the chance of winning on any one is about the same. However different games have different variances. If you look at KK's or Zoozies site you can see what is high and low variance.

The simple truth is that the best way to give yourself a chance to win is to hit the bonus trail.
 

just play

closed account
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Location
USA
I was once told by a casino, I forget which one, (not exact words) that indicator means nothing really, it's just like hitting a random jackpot at RTG, all about luck.

I always do better on the lower indicator games.
 

De Beuker

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Location
Netherlands
I am wondering if people who play Microgamming casinos, play according to the hot/cold inidcators? If you do can you voice your experience?
Mine is that I always gravitate to them as I can only make small deposits, around $25 to $35 and want it to last or maybe have a good win, which I'm sure we all want the same thing.
99% of the time I play the slots that are indicated as being really hot, I prefer the inidicator to be in the 300 range as I feel if it's higher then the game has already peaked. There has been a couple times this has worked well, like in the 1% range, but for the other approx 99% I always lose all my money.
I keep quiting MCG because of this and feel the indicator can be misleading or a hook to take my money. The other night after losing my $122 on Mayan Princess that was 385ish when I started, played at $1.40 per spin, got only one free spin session paying $16.00 for 13 spins, when I quit the game the inidcator then said it was at 408 HOT HOT HOT!!! It's not just this game but nearly all the ones that are inidcated as being in the hot range.
After losing I decided to play in fun mode on some of the cold games, at 80 to 120 range, wouldn't you know it I hit on all but one slot the free spin/bonus rounds multiple times with nice payouts. :mad:
So does the Hot/Cold indicator help us or hurt us overall? :confused:

Well, I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of months now, watching the values and see if there's any relationship in how a game plays.
My conclusion is that for most of the games, the thermometer is worthless, it says nothing at all about if the game is willing to pay or not.
I've had really nice hits on Thunderstruck with the indicator on 80.8 as wel as 999.
But with some newer games I definately notice a difference in how it plays, especially Centre Court.
Centre Court with a JPT below 100? I never ever hit anything on it, never.
Another thing I noticed when playing CC, is that when I hit a really good freespinround, in the 300-500x bet range, usually with a lot of stacked wilds insight, the game completely dies afterwards.
When I check back in the lobby then, the JPT has always fallen back to 80.
Dynamic weighting of reels? maybe? I'm almost 100% sure.
So, with Centre Court there seems to be a relationship, but a high value NEVER guarantees a winning session.

Also keep in mind that these thermometers are not updated in realtime, some casino's update them every half an hour, some only once in an hour.:mad:

So the best thing to do is just watch how the game plays, I always put it on autoplay for 50 spins, if it won't show any scatters, and no linewins over 4x bet, (check the STATS button, for some games the % sign), I'll leave it alone and move on to the next one.:)
 

DaveG39

Registered
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Location
Glendale,CA,USA
I am wondering if people who play Microgamming casinos, play according to the hot/cold inidcators? If you do can you voice your experience?
Mine is that I always gravitate to them as I can only make small deposits, around $25 to $35 and want it to last or maybe have a good win, which I'm sure we all want the same thing.
99% of the time I play the slots that are indicated as being really hot, I prefer the inidicator to be in the 300 range as I feel if it's higher then the game has already peaked. There has been a couple times this has worked well, like in the 1% range, but for the other approx 99% I always lose all my money.
I keep quiting MCG because of this and feel the indicator can be misleading or a hook to take my money. The other night after losing my $122 on Mayan Princess that was 385ish when I started, played at $1.40 per spin, got only one free spin session paying $16.00 for 13 spins, when I quit the game the inidcator then said it was at 408 HOT HOT HOT!!! It's not just this game but nearly all the ones that are inidcated as being in the hot range.
After losing I decided to play in fun mode on some of the cold games, at 80 to 120 range, wouldn't you know it I hit on all but one slot the free spin/bonus rounds multiple times with nice payouts. :mad:
So does the Hot/Cold indicator help us or hurt us overall? :confused:

ALL indicators do nothing more than perpetuate the Gambler's Fallacy that if a game is "hot" it will continue to be or if it's "cold" you should play because it's "due" to turn around soon. Hogwash!!
 

Mavin1

Dormant account
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Location
Arizona
Then maybe the whole idea behind these indicators is to dupe a percentage of the playing population into wasting their money on games that are dead cold and they can always fall back on the excuse that it's just for entertainment purposes, :what:, thus steering many away from the ones that are truly paying. Because the fact is we aren't playing just for the fun of it, we want to win.
 
Last edited:

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Location
Bexhill on sea, England
I agree with all above - the indicators are nothing more than a gimmick.

If you believe the slots to be totally random, they can never be "due to hit".
If you don't believe the slots to be totally random - find another way to spend your money!

KK
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Location
Bexhill on sea, England
Then maybe the whole idea behind these indicators is to dupe a percentage of the playing population into wasting their money on games that are dead cold and they can always fall back on the excuse that it's just for intertainment purposes, :what:, thus steering many away from the ones that are truly paying. Because the fact is we aren't playing just for the fun of it, we want to win.
Sorry - you posted this while I was posting!

The indicators may well show that a slot has gone longer than it's average time since the last jackpot has hit, but if it's totally random it doesn't make it more likely to hit.
e.g: The chances of getting 5 wilds on Thunderstruck is 1 in 3.96 million.
The very next spin after it hits, the chances are still 1 in 3.96 million.
If it hasn't hit for 50 million spins, the chances are still 1 in 3.96 million.

See my post above - if they are random, there is no "hot and cold", only good luck and bad luck.

KK
 
Top