Help with software.

MSWILS411

Dormant account
Joined
May 15, 2006
Location
CA
Ok I am fixing to clean out my computer. But right now i am using dial up and I was wondering how can I save the installed casino software to disc , so I do not have to redownload it from online again, beens it will take forever.. Any Ideas on this or is it even possibale? Thanks
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Location
Pennsylvania
MSWILS411 said:
Ok I am fixing to clean out my computer. But right now i am using dial up and I was wondering how can I save the installed casino software to disc , so I do not have to redownload it from online again, beens it will take forever.. Any Ideas on this or is it even possibale? Thanks

Do you have a CD or DVD burner?


If so, that's about your only option..

Here's a great tutorial for burning CD's within XP.

Outdated URL (Invalid)
At one point you'll be asked to 'drag and drop' the folders the folders you want to burn onto CD. This is all explained at the website above...They're typically in "C:\program files\casinoname". I've seen some install themselves to C:\casino\casinoname.


Edit: This could also be done with a Zip drive, assuming the casino directories are < 100mb or 250, depending on the Zip drive you have....You could probably fit 2+ casinos on each disc using this method.


Edit: There's also another alternative to do what you're looking for, instead of formatting and losing all of your programs.

You'd go through the install process as normal, and when it finds your current windows installation it will ask you if you want to install a new copy of windows and delete the old copy. This is the option you want to use.

This will delete all the system files, the old registry, etc. You'll still need to reinstall most programs: IE: Office and the sort, but as far as the casinos go, you can just run them without doing a thing.

Whichever way you choose, you need to make sure you have a copy of your account numbers and passwords. They'll all be gone once you reinstall.

Last edit: Unfortunately, if you're using a recovery disc that came with your computer, you will lose everything on the drive once the recovery program starts. You'll definately need to copy everything over if this is the case.
 
Last edited:

MSWILS411

Dormant account
Joined
May 15, 2006
Location
CA
Thanks

Yes i have a cd burner but i have no clue how to burn a program already installed . do i just go to program files click the name of the casino and then send to cd.??



Cancel that question I just tried and it worked fine.. Thanks for your help
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Location
Pennsylvania
MSWILS411 said:
Yes i have a cd burner but i have no clue how to burn a program already installed . do i just go to program files click the name of the casino and then send to cd.??



Cancel that question I just tried and it worked fine.. Thanks for your help

Yes, that works too :)
 

The Watchdog

Dormant account
Joined
May 5, 2006
Location
Costa Rica
well

What you need to burn is only the setup files, which most of the time they require little space.

Once you run them, they go to the Casino Server and the installation is made online. Thats why some times when you open your casino software it will auto upgrade. Most poker softwares work like this.

My advise, get cable or dsl my friend.
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Location
Pennsylvania
The Watchdog said:
What you need to burn is only the setup files, which most of the time they require little space.

The big picture here is burning everything so she won't have to download it all again. If she just burns the setup files, she can't achieve that goal :thumbsup:
 
Top