Help with a android phone

psmith2020

Newbie member
I have a android phone on version 4.4.4 a motrola g

but for some reason every so often I am losing complete sound and wifi connections does anybody know why as I am stuck

Hi,

make a factory reset and look if the problem still persist. After the reset Copy only Your Contacts back to Your Device via Your
Google Account. If You still have problems it, might be a hardware failure.

Regards :)

thanks for that so do you think it could be a software - hardware fault then

as I have allways though the sounds and wifi are controlled by the android software so it it find a fault I will close then down

I'm running the same version Android on a Samsung phone, never had such problems. It's hard to make an educated guess without further testing but I agree with klaus, sounds like hardware or hardware/software conflict.

Is your phone carrier branded? That can often be a good clue as to where to look for the root of such things. Among other issues with carrier versions of 'Droid their additions to the stock software -- aka bloatware -- can be a serious PITA.

I'm running the same version Android on a Samsung phone, never had such problems. It's hard to make an educated guess without further testing but I agree with klaus, sounds like hardware or hardware/software conflict.

Is your phone carrier branded? That can often be a good clue as to where to look for the root of such things. Among other issues with carrier versions of 'Droid their additions to the stock software -- aka bloatware -- can be a serious PITA.

its a Motorola g [sorry about the spelling ] running on software version 4.4.4 the problem on the wifi It connects whens its wont to

and the same with the sounds and speakers in the end I have got to about 5 reboots for it to work again

I would advise You that You go from simple to complicated. Simple is to reset and look if it is
a Software Problem due to upgrade, i do not mean the Android Version, but upgrading can sometimes be faulty.
If You want to go to the complicated and root Your Device and Downgrade or Mod it,
it is always better to have a clean Device with factory Settings.

Regards

I would advise You that You go from simple to complicated. Simple is to reset and look if it is
a Software Problem due to upgrade, i do not mean the Android Version, but upgrading can sometimes be faulty.
If You want to go to the complicated and root Your Device and Downgrade or Mod it,
it is always better to have a clean Device with factory Settings.

Regards

that's what I am going to do as at the moment I am saving all my pictures to my hard drive as well as my contacts to be on the safe side then after that I shall be doing a factory refresh to see how it runs after that so I can do some tests

As a complete Android geek I would suggest that you should connect it to the PC software for your phone and just re-install the software/update again! That should sort it out. :)

its a Motorola g ....

Yes, understood. What I meant was is it from one of the major mobile network providers such as Orange, Virgin, etc? This isn't as big a deal in the UK/Europe as it is in the US where, for example, AT&T and T-Mobile have a terrible reputation for mucking about with stock Android -- they introduce a lot of their own crap and mess with some of the basic Android functions -- so it can be worth looking into.

For instance I'm in France and one of the major carriers here is Orange. Up until about a year or so ago they were notorious for dicking around with their version of Android on phones they lease. It wasn't unusual for most of the problems users experienced to be traceable back to them and their Android mods. Basically they took decent software, tryed to rebrand it and screwed it up in big way. Over and over again! They finally stopped, or significantly reduced, their foolishness and now instead they seem to do nothing much at all.

AT&T, Verizon, Virgin and T-Mobile all have similar reputations to varying degrees -- though they're generally not known for being as ham-fisted as Orange was -- and there are isolated instances from other carriers as well. I don't pretend to be an expert on this and my info on the specific carriers is probably old and obsolete but the point remains: problems with Android are often due to carrier interference.

By contrast many of the most stable, reliable and problem-free devices out there are those running stock Android and nothing more. I've had two Nexus devices now and they have been as close to perfect as I could ask for, comparatively speaking. My Nexus 7 (2013), for example, has been a model of efficiency and stability: everything always works without mysterious glitches and the battery efficiency is amazing! It may not be the sexiest tablet out there but I really don't care, I'd rather have something slightly older but reliable and stable than something flashy new with brain damage issues.

my plan for today is to either do redo version 4.4.4 or if I can find a version 4.43 then take things from there and try and limit the app that I have running as I have whats app - facebook- got candy crush- installed but sometimes the apps get stuck in a crash loop its that a cause of my problems as well

moto g non network update as in the base package for your phone from the maker not the telco?

I will take a look at that as well

as I am doing a bit of research on the android forums at the moment to see what the best version to use is not the one I am on though

... doing a bit of research on the android forums at the moment to see what the best version to use is not the one I am on though

Please do let us know things turn out.

I have done the hard reset but that's as far as I have got due to me losing my dad yesterday morning :(

I have forgot but I have a lot on my mind and plus I haven't slept much

Sorry to hear of your loss. I went through that a few years ago myself, tough times. My condolences to you.

thank you very much for the kind words its been a hard 48 hours trying to get my mum through it it seems something is missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back