Good news and bad news

I'm a bit new here so might be weird if I give you a hug..... sod it, here, have a stranger hug.
Hope everything goes well :)

Thanks for all the warmth. My spirits are greatly improved today.

Drops have worn off, so things are better today. The pounding hangover provides a distraction as well, lol. Jamesons whisky neat is a good companion for a pity party.

I've dropped the brightness of my computer screen way down, this seems to help. Makes sense, as it covers the pupil, and if the pupil is larger with low light, then I can kind of see around it some.

Had both eyes done Jazzy. Piece of cake! Like you said they only want to do one eye at an time but my friend's Dad had both done at the same time and he is doing great -- freaking 90 years old !!!!

Good luck and miss chatting with you on our Canadian battles. Kisses ........

Today was not my best day ever.

Yesterday I noticed that my left eye was really blurry, like there was a film over it. It didn't hurt or itch, but it didn't resolve itself in a few hours.

So after returning home from a day in Ottawa, I took myself down to the ER.

Wasn't a stroke, that's always good news. Set me up with an emergency appointment for the eye clinic today, which was actually what I expected out of a nighttime visit to the ER.

Turns out I have an uncommon kind of cataract, fast growing, called PSC. It grows in weeks or months, not years like the age-related ones. And I have one in both eyes, so I can expect the right to follow fairly soon.

Good news is that it's treatable through surgery, bad news is there is probably month's of waiting, in which time I may have the "good" eye progress to the point where I can't read, distinguish faces, etc.

Today both eyes are worse after all the testing, drops, freezing etc.

Good news, got a mailer for a $50 free chip. Bad news, can't enjoy playing it.

It's not painful, but feels something like someone smeared vasaline on my eyeball I can't wipe out.

I'm an athiest, so please save your prayers. But I'd gladly take a virtual hug or two, I'm feeling kinda discouraged.

Even if I do spend some time peering through heavy fog, it will come right in the end. I'm not at much risk of losing my vision permanently. We do one eye at a time here in Canada to minimize that risk, in case of complications.

BTW, the surgery is the same cataract surgery that's performed for age-related cataracts.

I'll probably be spending less time online as I am blurry, and a little photo-sensitive. Which I have not yet decided is good news or bad news.

But some good news for all of you. Watch CM promotions for something from me to mark 8 years of membership here on March 12th. I'd asked the Meister about it a bit ago, and he needs to approve the promo I have not yet submitted.

This community has meant an awful lot to me over the years, and I hope I don't have to miss out due to temporary vision problems, even for a few weeks.
Awww. Jazzy, I wish nothing but the best for you! Big hug and kiss!!!!!!!!!! <3

Virtual Hug Jas from me to you , you got this girl as your a strong willed woman and these procedures are done all the time , sending good vibes your way...............

Laurie:)

A big hug from me, too! (((((Jasmine)))).:)

I used to work, as an Auxiliary nurse in the UK, way back in the day. (Mid 80's in the UK). I worked in the Eye ward, Reid Wacher ward , to be exact.

I loved it because after the cataract patients returned to their beds and after their operation, one or two of them looked at me and said, 'Wow, you are so beautiful!" , then I found out it was just the post-op drugs they were given and I suppose they had a 'Woodstock' moment.

The next day, when I saw them? Nah...back to normal. :))))

Jasmine, I wish you all the best.:cool:

My mums on her third one and just had to have surgery from some retinal condition that can arise from cataract surgery, enjoy being a pirate for a bit haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back