general hospital actress dies at 49

LaurieJim

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Feb. 4, 2008, 9:09 PM EST
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Actress Shell Kepler, who for years played the gossipy nurse Amy Vining on the TV soap opera "General Hospital," has died. She was 49. Kepler died Friday at Oregon Health & Science University hospital, which did not give the cause of death.

Kepler's busybody character on "General Hospital" was a fan favorite and enjoyed a long run, 1979-2002.

In addition to her run on "General Hospital," she was also in a 1982 Joan Collins film, "Homework," and a couple of episodes of the situation comedy "Three's Company."

On the side, she was a businesswoman, marketing clothing on the former Home Shopping Club. She said in a 1994 Associated Press interview that her "Lacy Afternoon" collection had sales topping $20 million that year alone.

Kepler was born in Ohio and the family moved to California when she was 10. She recalled in 1994 that she didn't yet have a driver's license when she began trying out for film roles.

"I managed to get my girlfriends to drive me to auditions because I wasn't old enough to drive. I was a rather ambitious kid," she said.

She moved to Portland after her TV career and became involved in charity fundraising...............i havent watched this soap for a while but i do remember watching nurse amy ,my favorite busybody back in 79 and the early 80s when the luke and laura theme was so big...........

Awwww

That's a shame. Wonder what happened. I watched GH from 1977-1992. I remember her, she was something else on that show!! What a lil coniver!

It is really sad.....she was too young to die. I read somewhere that she died from renal failure.

my favorite port charles resident

Robert Scorpio

General Hospital
Portrayed by Tristan Rogers
First appearance 1981
Last appearance 2006
Cause/reason Left town
Gender Male
Occupation Espionage

Robert Scorpio

General Hospital
Portrayed by Tristan Rogers
First appearance 1981
Last appearance 2006
Cause/reason Left town
Gender Male
Occupation Espionage
...he was cool:thumbsup: didnt liz taylor and several other big stars do camios on the soap? was it rick springfeild that got his start on g.h?

...he was cool:thumbsup: didnt liz taylor and several other big stars do camios on the soap? was it rick springfeild that got his start on g.h?

liz taylor played the wife of mikkos cassadine. if i remember correctly, the cassadines wanted to take over the world or somethin. i was an absolute fanatic when i was young. hockey players, on the road, loved our soaps. lol. i must confess i was watching g.h. since i was about 15 or so.

Isn't it funny what you remember.......I think I started watching it when I was in high school and still tune in once in a while. ;)
Yes Rick Springfield hit it big while he was playing Dr. Noah Drake.
Anybody else remember Demi Moore being on there when she was not known? Jackie Templeton wasn't it?
Oh and the one that played her sister, Janine Turner she was on that quirky tv show (Northern Exposure) several years back about the dr in Alaska.
They came on after Laura disappeared.
Shawn and Tiffany.....remember them?
Robert and Holly.........Robert and Anna.........
Nurse Bobbie......is she still on there?
Frisco and Felicia
Monica and Jeff Webber......Monica and Rick Weber
Leslie and Rick........Leslie being Laura's mother.

Isn't it funny what you remember.......I think I started watching it when I was in high school and still tune in once in a while. ;)
Yes Rick Springfield hit it big while he was playing Dr. Noah Drake.
Anybody else remember Demi Moore being on there when she was not known? Jackie Templeton wasn't it?
Oh and the one that played her sister, Janine Turner she was on that quirky tv show (Northern Exposure) several years back about the dr in Alaska.
They came on after Laura disappeared.
Shawn and Tiffany.....remember them?
Robert and Holly.........Robert and Anna.........
Nurse Bobbie......is she still on there?
Frisco and Felicia
Monica and Jeff Webber......Monica and Rick Weber
Leslie and Rick........Leslie being Laura's mother.
you do know your g.h trivia:thumbsup:i loved the whole luke and laura saga when i was in high school. i may have to start back watching it, havent watched it in ages, but as soaps go it shouldnt take to long to catch up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back