For comforting

Freeman

Dormant account
Just want to shout out to, especially new members: We are but at best semi-pros here, just regular folk's like you and me, trying to make it thru life. We come from all over the place and have only one thing in common: Gambling. Some come here for PAB's, some for advices and some for comforting. Whatever the reason, we are always open. I can tell you this much: we are experts in loosing to, so just reach out for anyone of us if you make a mega screwup. Had a friend killing himself over gambling, he had a beautiful daughter, and don't ever want to see that happen again. It's only money <3

Just want to shout out to, especially new members: We are but at best semi-pros here, just regular folk's like you and me, trying to make it thru life. We come from all over the place and have only one thing in common: Gambling. Some come here for PAB's, some for advices and some for comforting. Whatever the reason, we are always open. I can tell you this much: we are experts in loosing to, so just reach out for anyone of us if you make a mega screwup. Had a friend killing himself over gambling, he had a beautiful daughter, and don't ever want to see that happen again. It's only money <3

One observation I've made over the years: many members are way above the average IQ/EQ and capable of handle members in deep crysis so don't be a stranger :3

Last edited:
I am deeply sorry for your loss Freeman.

I was a troubled gambler, this book gave me a lot of insight.

Old URL

I think there are more recent editions that include internet gambling, but back 25 years ago there was little literature (book is 40 years old).

One thing that stood out was that of all the mental illness in the DSM, compulsive gambling has the highest rate of suicide. There is something a little self-destructive about it in the first place, and the shame involved. People accept that heroin is addictive, and don't expect people to be able to "dabble" in it, or "take it or leave it".

If gambling was about money, few of us would do it.

I've been gambling for over 40 years at this point, and since I don't want to quit, I've found ways to include it in my life, not run my life. But I still identify myself as "at risk", and here at CM I have found even more tools and support to keep it that way.

If I choose a deposit over beer on a weekend, that's a choice, and I realize it's a choice. Been a whole lot of years since I chose it over the rent.

Thank's Jasminebed.
Lost him a few years ago, same year my father died. It was a true nightmare. Drank to heavily and lost myself for awhile. Have no problems with gambling nowadays but as you said: If you have that personality, it's always a risk. Didn't come here for sympathy myself, but I guess those things always shines thru...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back