Finally Closed My Account At Videoslots!

He really should have taken one of the first two, because Big billy goat Gruff does not play around.
The originals of alot of the famous children books are actually gruesome as hell.
Like how in the original Cinderella, the step sisters take to carving at their feet with knives to make their feet fit in the glass shoe.
Alot more blood and gore back then. =)

"
Well, come along! I've got two spears,
And I'll poke your eyeballs out at your ears;
I've got besides two curling-stones,
And I'll crush you to bits, body and bones.
That was what the big billy goat said. And then he flew at the troll, and poked his eyes out with his horns, and crushed him to bits, body and bones, and tossed him out into the cascade, and after that he went up to the hillside. There the billy goats got so fat they were scarcely able to walk home again. And if the fat hasn't fallen off them, why, they're still fat; and so,

Snip, snap, snout.
This tale's told out.
"

Edit: This is from original Cinderella
"
The two sisters were happy to hear this, for they had pretty feet. With her mother standing by, the older one took the shoe into her bedroom to try it on. She could not get her big toe into it, for the shoe was too small for her. Then her mother gave her a knife and said, "Cut off your toe. When you are queen you will no longer have to go on foot."

The girl cut off her toe, forced her foot into the shoe, swallowed the pain, and went out to the prince. He took her on his horse as his bride and rode away with her. However, they had to ride past the grave, and there, on the hazel tree, sat the two pigeons, crying out:

"

Strangest thing, I was retelling that same story line about Cinderella to my Aussie friend yesterday :eek2:

@Kroffe reminds me of another story i read to my kids The Ugly Five.

View attachment 112331

Its not as good as your story though. Maybe you should try writing. I hear one in 4 make publishing.

Oh, have not heard of that one either.
So what you are saying is, i only need to write four books, and then one of them will be published.
I just hope the money the books bring in will atleast cancel out versus the lawsuits from parents.
Im not in it for the money, i just want kids to know the world sucks.
:p

I promise that was not me, mate.

It means you have psychic powers :eek2: :laugh:

Really, I was telling my friend about European fairy tales because she is an Aussie and has not a clue and I told her the exact same part about stepsisters trying on the shoe.

She was amazed and scared at the same time and said what kind of evil fairy tales stories they have there :laugh:

I have been taken to fairy tale site :cool:

While we are on the subject I will unashamedly pick everyones brains and attempt to hijack the thread for personal gain.

My Mum read a book to me called The Little Owl. This was around 1980 and its the only book I remember and one of my earliest memories. Cannot find it anywhere. Dont suppose anyone knows it do they?

@bebo67 whats the childrens book you published called?

While we are on the subject I will unashamedly pick everyones brains and attempt to hijack the thread for personal gain.

My Mum read a book to me called The Little Owl. This was around 1980 and its the only book I remember and one of my earliest memories. Cannot find it anywhere. Dont suppose anyone knows it do they?

Is it this one

The Cure

It seems The Little Owl had a series of books
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Yes, thats the thing I am 99% certain mine was simply called The Little Owl. I think these ones were published later but was thinking of getting for my kids anyway.

p.s. I will start using multiquote - i can read your minds! or am I paranoid? whats that noise?

@bamberfishcake . Is this not the one? It\s part of a series.

sadly not the one but thanks. I was just hoping someone might go straight away 'I know the one' - thanks for trying though.

Honestly cant remember what exactly happened but something to do with him flying and doing owl stuff. I actually remember the cover and think if i see it i will recognise it and then hoping the story will bring back some memories.

Your not going to believe it but just did a quick search for it under 80's books on google and found it! Ive been searching all these years for the wrong title. Google is so random and i cant believe it but it came up on page 1 and its instantly recognisable and it seems i threw a curveball. Just read a bit of the story and the Owl was called Plop. Im so excited. Its this one!

Found It!.jpg

And I was afraid of the dark.....If i was a lesser man there would be a tear rolling down touching the smile on my face

well if you lost 30k before leaving then you either rich or have a gambling problem. I deposit about 50$ a week and iam a lowroller have no problem at all keeping 2500xp to play freebies. truth is 4hrs is enough for me in battles the weekend battles no way I play same game all weekend my goal is to fill board and when no money use them . when I get on a roll 2 withdraw last fri for 600$ woohoo. sure I lose but when you withdraw ya baby that's what I talkin about. don let them jack you up crack you up.anyone guess that tune. lol.

Your not going to believe it but just did a quick search for it under 80's books on google and found it! Ive been searching all these years for the wrong title. Google is so random and i cant believe it but it came up on page 1 and its instantly recognisable and it seems i threw a curveball. Just read a bit of the story and the Owl was called Plop. Im so excited. Its this one!

View attachment 112333

And I was afraid of the dark.....If i was a lesser man there would be a tear rolling down touching the smile on my face
Ahhh a young puffin book! Glad you found it.

well if you lost 30k before leaving then you either rich or have a gambling problem. I deposit about 50$ a week and iam a lowroller have no problem at all keeping 2500xp to play freebies. truth is 4hrs is enough for me in battles the weekend battles no way I play same game all weekend my goal is to fill board and when no money use them . when I get on a roll 2 withdraw last fri for 600$ woohoo. sure I lose but when you withdraw ya baby that's what I talkin about. don let them jack you up crack you up.anyone guess that tune. lol.
Yes because it's either or. Trust me when I say with a 100% certainty, I do not have a gambling problem. I'm a pretty straight up person, and don't hide jack from anyone. It annoys me to know end when people assume :) I deposit a certain amount each month. Some more , some less. Last month was brutal, so there were just a couple of dinky deposits. Small enough that I had no cash back. Did I go into a panic? Sell all my belongings? Pimped myself out? Chop off my arm and sell it? Sold my ovaries? :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back