Feature Guarantees - RTG -- How long do you spin?

Diane

Ueber Meister
CM Members,

Asking for opinions and experiences:

The newer games that have Feature Guarantees like "Its a Mystery", "Mice Dice" etc. how long do you spin before you try to win the feature?

Sometimes I win the feature on the first spin, sometimes I never win until I hit the feature guarantee. I am always tempted to try to win the feature earlier by taking a chance.

What do you guys do? Wait it out to end or try it when it gets to 70-80% guaranteed?

TIA,

Diane

I've mostly taken my chances at 60+ %. Only lost 1 that I can remember but then again I rarely play this type of slot. Something about it just doesn't feel right.

I am not a fan of Mice Dice and never played it inreal mode. The fact that they deduct an amount for the feature guarantee doesnt sit in well with me especially since you have to start from scratch if you get the feature before 150 spins. You are paying for the feature separately so I dont really think its fair.

I have played some of these slots but if they are not hitting, I do the feature guarantee, even if it is only 20 or 30 %. I don't usually win, but it also sticks in my mind that it is a really lame deal, and I simply do not play these games any more. It kind of makes it feel "not random", if that makes sense.

I am not a fan of Mice Dice and never played it inreal mode. The fact that they deduct an amount for the feature guarantee doesnt sit in well with me especially since you have to start from scratch if you get the feature before 150 spins. You are paying for the feature separately so I dont really think its fair.

it actually 100 spins but i agree it still sucks.

The reports of people saying that when you disconnect, you lose accumulated progress toward the guarantee, turn me off of these.

only on fun mode

The reports of people saying that when you disconnect, you lose accumulated progress toward the guarantee, turn me off of these.

I play mice dice and it's a mystery quite often. As far as I've noticed, If I get disconnected for any reason, when I re-connect the spins counter are at where it was
when I got disconnected(on real money mode). but yes (on fun money) all spins are not saved.

CM Members,

Asking for opinions and experiences:

The newer games that have Feature Guarantees like "Its a Mystery", "Mice Dice" etc. how long do you spin before you try to win the feature?

Sometimes I win the feature on the first spin, sometimes I never win until I hit the feature guarantee. I am always tempted to try to win the feature earlier by taking a chance.

What do you guys do? Wait it out to end or try it when it gets to 70-80% guaranteed?

TIA,

Diane

Two or three times I've tried to pull that with 85-88% complete and lost! Sometimes I'll spin up to near max, stop, the spins are saved in system,move up to next bet level, thinking its due. Works sometimes. Got the shaft going back to original bet after triggering on a higher bet.

i have hit on the first spin on both mentioned as well as other non-guaranteed machines. Its a mystery used to hit well below the 150 max. I was chewing it up with Mice Dice for awhile but it is dead now.

If I recall I was betting like 5 bucks a spin and hit 4 mice right to left and got a big Zero! Pays left to right l

I play mice dice and it's a mystery quite often. As far as I've noticed, If I get disconnected for any reason, when I re-connect the spins counter are at where it was
when I got disconnected(on real money mode). but yes (on fun money) all spins are not saved.

The spins are saved, you can play as many $ denominations as you want. Sometimes you have to back out to the lobby and go back in to refresh or spin at the denomination you revisit to bring the counter back.

I've mostly taken my chances at 60+ %. Only lost 1 that I can remember but then again I rarely play this type of slot. Something about it just doesn't feel right.

Wow Cleveland? You sense it now too huh? There's nothing random with RTG software in my opinion.

I rarely comment nowadays, but I'll clear up a few items here

If I recall I was betting like 5 bucks a spin and hit 4 mice right to left and got a big Zero! Pays left to right l

0 wins can happen.
However, as I'm sure you would have seen in this event, your 0 win in this game would have awarded $250 (50 times your $5 bet), since the game has the Win-Win feature.

You're not paying for the feature, you're paying for the guarantee that you will receive it after 100 spins, if it has not been triggered randomly.
Mice Dice is a powerful feature that often yields large prize multipliers.
Without an extra bet, and without feature guarantee, you'd be looking at an average feature hit rate somewhere around 1 in 300.

Wow Cleveland? You sense it now too huh? There's nothing random with RTG software in my opinion.

Funnily enough, the gripes above show that the game is, in fact, mathematically sound and entirely random.
If it weren't, then I pose several questions:
1) Why would there have to be an extra bet?
ie: If it was a non-mathematical structure, why not just put the game live and take no extra bet?
2) Why would the game ever yield a 0 feature win?
ie: If it was a non-random system, why would you ever yield such a poor feature result, one that would be sure to annoy the player?

Feature Guarantee will be live in the Australian domestic market (B&M market) 1st quarter 2012, and is highly likely to make it to the U.S. market in late 2012.

Random results do not preclude a system that guarantees a feature event, and is either incorporated into the standard RTP structure of the game, or paid for out of a distinct bet.

Woooof

Feature Guarantee will be live in the Australian domestic market (B&M market) 1st quarter 2012, and is highly likely to make it to the U.S. market in late 2012.

Woooof

Bit off topic:
But I will be one who will be keeping my eyes out for these. Love the games you guys develop for the B&M market.

Thanks dogboy

It's nice to hear how the games REALLY works. Makes a change from the ramblings of some players looking for something to blame other than themselves for their losses.

Don't be afraid to drop in some more, the intelligent members appreciate your input :thumbsup:

Don't be afraid to drop in some more, the intelligent members appreciate your input

Please don't make comments which come across as trying to belittle the membership. Sorry if I have read this wrong, but your comment which I have quoted above looks like it was made with the sole intention to cause bad feeling.

It's Sunday. None of us want to come back tomorrow and be greeted by another verbal war.

As a result Nifty, I have banned you from having any further participation in this thread. Bryan, Max or Simmo! can reverse this, if they feel it is not warranted. I am just pre-empting any potential meltdowns.

Please don't make comments which come across as trying to belittle the membership. Sorry if I have read this wrong, but your comment which I have quoted above looks like it was made with the sole intention to cause bad feeling.

It's Sunday. None of us want to come back tomorrow and be greeted by another verbal war.

As a result Nifty, I have banned you from having any further participation in this thread. Bryan, Max or Simmo! can reverse this, if they feel it is not warranted. I am just pre-empting any potential meltdowns.

It's nice to know that the moderators are paying more attention to Niffty's backdoor sarcastic, belittling, posts.

I think this link will help explain why you feel the way you do.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Wow! How did you do that?? :what:

**On another note.. Just wanted to say hi to Dogboy... Glad you are posting again. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and learning the ins and outs of RTG software. Informative and fair!:thumbsup:
Just wish you'd post more... Don't think some people realise that you are not obliged to post anything at all and take the information you provide for granted!
Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:
Post More Please!!:thumbsup::D

Cheers
Gremmy

I'm not saying it isn't random. I meant, it just feels weird. Not sure how to explain it. Something about knowing when you will be guaranteed a feature is...well I dunno, weird.

I'm not saying it isn't random. I meant, it just feels weird. Not sure how to explain it. Something about knowing when you will be guaranteed a feature is...well I dunno, weird.

I think the important thing to remember is that the extra bet Feature Guarantee does not detract from the normal game, the feature can be triggered during regular play.

What the FG does do is to simply ensure that you won't go prolonged periods without triggering a feature.
Features often consume, (for instance) 30-35% of the RTP on a 95% RTP game, so if you go 300, 400, even 1686 spins (my personal worst) without triggering a feature, your effective RTP over that period is going to be pretty poor.
While some top prizes are very rare, they do not consume the % that features such as free games do (which may regular randomly hit every 110-130 spins, for instance).

By ensuring the feature will trigger, FG (whether paid for from an extra bet or included in the standard game structure) flattens extreme swings of volatility, and ensure that players have a sessions RTP that will more closely approximate the theoretical RTP.

It's advent into the Australian market is actually on the back of an argument revolving around player fairness for these reasons.

However, all that being said, I understand that many players prefer classic "luck of the die" slots, which is why most the games under the RTG umbrella do not have FG.
But a bit of variety and choice can't hurt IMO.

Woooof

Last edited:

Let me start by saying I enjoy participation in CM because it IS moderated. However, IMO this is over zealous moderation. I have reported posts in past where individuals were being attacked, belittled, demeaned etc --- I have a very low threshold for mean spirited posts personal attacks and foul language. But this doesn't fit any of those categories.

This is not a violation of the rules IMO. I think you may have over-reacted here. But as you said let Bryan, Max, or Simmo make the final decision. I understand that Nifty crossed the rules in the past, but are we perhaps taking it too far with this one line?

And ................WOW - what a derail of my original post!

Diane

Diane

The FG bet is compulsory and does not detract from the nornal game. Then why isnt the FG saved when the feature hits in normal spins. We are playing extra for the FG so we should be entitled to another feature when the number of spins hit 100 unless the rtp has already factored this in.

I rarely comment nowadays, but I'll clear up a few items here

0 wins can happen.
However, as I'm sure you would have seen in this event, your 0 win in this game would have awarded $250 (50 times your $5 bet), since the game has the Win-Win feature.

You're not paying for the feature, you're paying for the guarantee that you will receive it after 100 spins, if it has not been triggered randomly.
Mice Dice is a powerful feature that often yields large prize multipliers.
Without an extra bet, and without feature guarantee, you'd be looking at an average feature hit rate somewhere around 1 in 300.

Funnily enough, the gripes above show that the game is, in fact, mathematically sound and entirely random.
If it weren't, then I pose several questions:
1) Why would there have to be an extra bet?
ie: If it was a non-mathematical structure, why not just put the game live and take no extra bet?
2) Why would the game ever yield a 0 feature win?
ie: If it was a non-random system, why would you ever yield such a poor feature result, one that would be sure to annoy the player?

Random results do not preclude a system that guarantees a feature event, and is either incorporated into the standard RTP structure of the game, or paid for out of a distinct bet.

Woooof

Didn't get the 4 during a feature, I was talking regular spin. That would've really sucked during the feature due to the extra multiplier.

Yes the Win Win is nice with a 50X $5. Received that once on triple twister. It's like a bonus for not winning anything on a feature LOL. Boy, I was not happy until the 50x5 popped up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back