Do I take this bonus or not??

Nifty29

Dormant account
OK Chopley and Jufo and all other maths whizkids....(and anyone else who wants to say something of course)

Do I take this bonus or not?

It's nearly all over, the closing ceremony is upon us, so let’s celebrate in Manhattan Style with this double bonus.

Deposit $150 and get $500 slots bonus

Coupon code: CLOSING500
Play Slots, keno and Scratch cards
Code can be played once
Also get $25 FREE bonus once you have claimed 5 same coupons of the day

Plus we have the Permanent Continual Offers Available.

Slots, Keno & Scratch Cards
Unlimited 65% coupon: SLOTS65

Blackjack, Video Poker & All Table Games
Unlimited 55% coupon: OTHERGAMES55

Visit promotion page for further details.

Your username is losealot and we are here for you 24 hours a day if you have any comments or questions.

Regards,

Fiona
Promotions
ManhattanSlots.com

Event Rules:
* These coupons are valid from 00:01 Sunday 12th until and ends 23:59 EST Sunday 12th August 2012.

Coupons: CLOSING500
* The deposit and the bonus must be wagered (45) times before a cashout is permitted
* Only wagers on Slots, keno and scratch cards are permitted before you have met this requirement

OH yeah....and how would you play it?

Last edited:
So as I see it you get a $650 bankroll from a $150 deposit, with a 45xD+B WR.

Therefore the required wagering is $29,250 (45x650).

Your expected wagering at 95% RTP is $13,000 (650/0.05).

On average luck, you bust out long before you make a withdrawal.

Just out of interest though, here's how the numbers change as the RTP goes up. And this is what made The Back Nine such a stunningly good slot to make a WR with, given its incredibly high RTP of over 98% (assuming enough skill on the bonus round) and its 100% contribution to the WR. (Remember it has a possible RTP of 99% if you can get all hole in ones on the bonus round.)

So on your bonus there Nifty:

At 95% RTP - $13,000 - BONUS IS ALMOST CERTAINLY A BUST OUT

At 96% RTP - $16,250 - BONUS IS MOST LIKELY BUST OUT

At 97% RTP - $21,666 - BONUS IS PROBABLY A BUST OUT

At 98% RTP - $32,500 - BONUS SHOULD BE BEATABLE

At 99% RTP - $65,000 - BONUS WILL MOST LIKELY BE BEATABLE

RTP is everything!

Whilst RTP does play a significant role in your returns, it does not guarantee that the bonus can and will be beaten playing on a higher RTP Slot.

You could take a Slot with a High RTP and hit a bad patch and get back 86% .. RTP is not calculated on your session alone but in the long term. It is inaccurate to calculate the wagering VS. the Slots RTP because that RTP does not only apply to your session.

I think its a shitty bonus TBH and I never take them. I would prefer matching my deposit 100% and if I bust out I usually make another deposit with another 100% bonus.

Nate

I think there were several similar threads on this which I view as a horrible promo from CW and where the main drift of opinion was negative. If progressives are allowed have a go at it but if you play the normal real-series slots dont play any that has a low random jackpot eg $2 -3k as you will still have a tough job meeting wrs. You could opt for Vegasbum's strategy and play less lines to increase the variance at say Count Spectacular ie maybe 5 lines at $1 per line. You still get the max payout if you get 5 counts and with 4 you still might still get a profit. Good Luck mate.

Whilst RTP does play a significant role in your returns, it does not guarantee that the bonus can and will be beaten playing on a higher RTP Slot.

You could take a Slot with a High RTP and hit a bad patch and get back 86% .. RTP is not calculated on your session alone but in the long term. It is inaccurate to calculate the wagering VS. the Slots RTP because that RTP does not only apply to your session.

I think its a shitty bonus TBH and I never take them. I would prefer matching my deposit 100% and if I bust out I usually make another deposit with another 100% bonus.

Nate

Well yes Nate but TBH I think that's just common sense hence why I didn't feel the need to point it out to Nifty :)

We can only work off 'average luck' and calculate our expected returns on that basis, it pretty much goes without saying that the natural variance of a slot can take the actual return off in either direction.

I simply assume that each spin 'costs' the house edge when working out expected wagering, in reality of course that won't be entirely accurate, but as the number of spins increases, the accuracy of the calculation increases too. It's not a perfect metric but it's the only one available to us.

For the record, the method I used up there for this bonus is exactly the same that I use for myself when choosing to take on a bonus or not, and generally speaking it works OK.

Well yes Nate but TBH I think that's just common sense hence why I didn't feel the need to point it out to Nifty :)

I hear you Chopley... There are a lot of people out there who do not have as much knowledge as Nifty may have on the subject.

Sometimes the information supplied can be taken literally and can be misleading.

Nate

I would NEVER take ANY bonus where the WR is (D+B)x45 - no matter what the % was or whether it was Cashable or Phantom.
That is just WAY too high - your chances of meeting the WR with anything left are minuscule.

IMO this is just one of those bonuses you take to extend your playtime without realistically expecting to cash out anything.
OK - a few people will make with extremely good luck, but everyone else will lose.

KK

I would NEVER take ANY bonus where the WR is (D+B)x45 - no matter what the % was or whether it was Cashable or Phantom.
That is just WAY too high - your chances of meeting the WR with anything left are minuscule.

IMO this is just one of those bonuses you take to extend your playtime without realistically expecting to cash out anything.
OK - a few people will make with extremely good luck, but everyone else will lose.

KK

I agree KK...

I took one of those bonuses at LuckyRed or Highnoon a few years ago. I did not really know about the volatility of RTG slots and proceeded straight to Mystic Dragon. I started off on $6.25 bets and 3 spins in I had a hit for over $8 000 ... Needless to say, I managed the WR BUT failed to cash out.. Yeah I was stupid... :)

I have played lots of RTG in recent times... The slots are tight and takes a few hundred on $1 bets to get a decent hit.... You may just get lucky but then meeting the WR is a nightmare.

Nate

Well I was told I was insane for taking the 65xD+B 1777% bonus at Tropica, but that's left me £850 better off.

Sometimes it pays to do a little bit of research into what games are available on any given bonus ;)

(I'm not saying that RTG have a 98%+ RTP slot on their books of course!)

OK Chopley and Jufo and all other maths whizkids....(and anyone else who wants to say something of course)

Do I take this bonus or not?

OH yeah....and how would you play it?

Yes, IMO. I take these offers all the time from CWG -- you get a lot of play time and sometimes you can win big. Starting with $5 to $6.25 is what I do..........if I hit a nice win, I keep doubling the bet, always keeping bets to 100x my balance (as a minimum) hence the $6.25 starting bet with $650 to play with.

Diane

High roll Fruit Frenzy at 9 lines or less. If you get the bonus feature you get to play with all 25 lines. :thumbsup:

High roll Fruit Frenzy at 9 lines or less. If you get the bonus feature you get to play with all 25 lines. :thumbsup:

Interesting -------- I have never played less than max lines.

Do other slots have similar feature that you get MORE lines in bonus than what you played to trigger it?

Learning something new everyday from my CM friends.

Diane

Nifty-

If you do take this bonus, and meet the wagering requirements, do they take the 500 dollars back? That is something that needs to be considered I think.

If you do take it I wish you the best of luck!!

LH

Yes, the bonus is sticky.

However, it is doable. Last time I took one, netted $3000. Just takes alot of patience to keep grinding away.

Damn! another of my best slot systems outed:(

I expect Fruit Frenzy will end up being a banned game for bonuses after too long. If you hit the feature, and get the full 25 spins, you can get a big enough hit to beat any WR they care to set. You may well get bonus banned for this:p

It even works on the "two pears" 91.5% setting:D

I expect Fruit Frenzy will end up being a banned game for bonuses after too long. If you hit the feature, and get the full 25 spins, you can get a big enough hit to beat any WR they care to set. You may well get bonus banned for this:p

It prob will. Reason we need to keep quiet about it hehe censored :p :lolup:

Are you saying that with this slot the RTP goes up the fewer lines you play? Because the fewer lines you play the more valuable the bonus round would be relative to your initiating bet. Usually this is taken into account by the fact that the bet-per-line weightining in free spins is correspondingly lowered so that the end result is the same.

Are you saying that with this slot the RTP goes up the fewer lines you play? Because the fewer lines you play the more valuable the bonus round would be relative to your initiating bet. Usually this is taken into account by the fact that the bet-per-line weightining in free spins is correspondingly lowered so that the end result is the same.
I'm not quite sure what exactly VWM is trying to say, but about Fruit Frenzy:
This slot is unique in that the bonus round is triggered by getting a 5 of-a-kind win, and NOT by hitting scatters.
Therefore, playing all 25 lines you are 25 x more likely to hit the feature than you are playing 1 line (and so on...)
With features which are triggered by scatters - the odds of getting the feature would be exactly the same for any number of lines played.

i.e. the value of the bonus is relative to the line bet and not the total bet - so the long term T-RTP is exactly the same no matter how many lines you play.

KK

So as I see it you get a $650 bankroll from a $150 deposit, with a 45xD+B WR.

Therefore the required wagering is $29,250 (45x650).

Your expected wagering at 95% RTP is $13,000 (650/0.05).

On average luck, you bust out long before you make a withdrawal.

Just out of interest though, here's how the numbers change as the RTP goes up. And this is what made The Back Nine such a stunningly good slot to make a WR with, given its incredibly high RTP of over 98% (assuming enough skill on the bonus round) and its 100% contribution to the WR. (Remember it has a possible RTP of 99% if you can get all hole in ones on the bonus round.)

So on your bonus there Nifty:

At 95% RTP - $13,000 - BONUS IS ALMOST CERTAINLY A BUST OUT

At 96% RTP - $16,250 - BONUS IS MOST LIKELY BUST OUT

At 97% RTP - $21,666 - BONUS IS PROBABLY A BUST OUT

At 98% RTP - $32,500 - BONUS SHOULD BE BEATABLE

At 99% RTP - $65,000 - BONUS WILL MOST LIKELY BE BEATABLE

RTP is everything!
No, it isn't. For simplicity, let's assume that you play a single game until you either bust out or satisfy the WR, then the expected profit on a cashable bonus is
bonus-(expected amount of wagering)*(house edge).
If you bet big, you reduce the expected amount of wagering, because you will bust out quickly with a high probability, and this way you increase your expected profit.

I'm not quite sure what exactly VWM is trying to say, but about Fruit Frenzy:
This slot is unique in that the bonus round is triggered by getting a 5 of-a-kind win, and NOT by hitting scatters.
Therefore, playing all 25 lines you are 25 x more likely to hit the feature than you are playing 1 line (and so on...)
With features which are triggered by scatters - the odds of getting the feature would be exactly the same for any number of lines played.

i.e. the value of the bonus is relative to the line bet and not the total bet - so the long term T-RTP is exactly the same no matter how many lines you play.

KK

Yeah that makes sense. So why was VWM worried about 'one of his best slot systems' being exposed then?

No, it isn't. For simplicity, let's assume that you play a single game until you either bust out or satisfy the WR, then the expected profit on a cashable bonus is
bonus-(expected amount of wagering)*(house edge).
If you bet big, you reduce the expected amount of wagering, because you will bust out quickly with a high probability, and this way you increase your expected profit.

That's true. Therefore the "average wagering values" posted by Chopley are of no use when the determining the value of a bonus offer. In this case the bonus was 333% so obviously "an average" result is not interesting, but rather the distribution of results at the right end of the curve.

To Chopley: The bonus offer can still be +EV even if the wagering requirement multiplied by house edge is more than the bonus awarded. For example a bonus with 25X WR on slot with 5% house edge is easily +EV even with relatively modest bet sizes.

To determine the EV you need to know expected wagering or average wagering of the bonus. For slots this is not easy to obtain accurately, which is why I use my own tools to determine these values and to measure the value of the offer.

Yeah that makes sense. So why was VWM worried about 'one of his best slot systems' exposed then?

...because it gets around the max bet rule:p

If the max bet is $6.25, you can reduce the number of lines to 6, betting $1 on each. When you do hit the bonus, your free spins are on a $25 bet, which would be against the max bet rule were it triggered with $1 bet on all lines. You could even bet $5 on one line, and have your bonus round playing out at $125 per spin.

This sharply increases the variance in the same way that placing very big bets does.

This game will probably be banned for bonus play, or set to a compulsory max lines like the "feature guarantee" series of slots.

Because free spins play at max lines, your retrigger chances are not reduced by playing fewer lines, even though your chance of initial triggering is sharply reduced. It is a great strategy for beating the $150 for $500 bonus;) It will fail nearly all the time, but when you hit, it could be VERY big. It should be used with great care where a max cashout is in force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back