Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

Been there (not the bicep tho).
Was your arm as blue&purple as i imagine it? :p

Tore a muscle in my leg playing sportsball when i was 20 or 21.
Whole leg turned a nice purple blueish color.
Yeah mate, upper arm bruising.
was agonising tbh, couldn’t sleep at all as every time I leaned on it was horrible.

was supposed to have physio etc but didn’t happen.

could of paid private but just couldn’t afford it, used painkillers and other means to numb it.

it’s still not right now but I’m no longer full of drugs lol (shame) ha

Yeah mate, upper arm bruising.
was agonising tbh, couldn’t sleep at all as every time I leaned on it was horrible.

was supposed to have physio etc but didn’t happen.

could of paid private but just couldn’t afford it, used painkillers and other means to numb it.

it’s still not right now but I’m no longer full of drugs lol (shame) ha
I probably made mine worse by finishing the game.

The team captain (i was not the captain, way to humble for that) was all like KROFFE WE NEED YOU.
So i told the doc, cut it off, its just dead weight now, ill run on the stump.
He said he couldnt do it, in part because he was not a doctor and actually just the guy coaching our team, but mostly because he didnt want to.
So i just taped it up on my back (im limber as a gymnast) and finished the game jumping around on one leg.
Scored a hattrick and we won the cup.
Couple of days later i operated on the leg at home with a butter knife i carved in 6th grade.
Was a bit messy, but i dont trust a doctor to be inside me, not before marriage.
And i lived happily ever after.

actually i just laid on the ground trying not to cry.

Last edited:
I probably made min worse by finishing the game.

The team captain (i was not the captain, way to humble for that) was all like KROFFE WE NEED YOU.
So i told the doc, cut it off, its just dead weight now, ill run on the stump.
He said he couldnt do it, in part because he was not a doctor and actually just the guy coaching our team, but mostly because he didnt want to.
So i just taped it up on my back (im limber as a gymnast) and finished the game jumping around on one leg.
Scored a hattrick and we won the cup.
Couple of days later i operated on the leg at home with a butter knife i carved in 6th grade.
Was a bit messy, but i dont trust a doctor to be inside me, not before marriage.
And i lived happily ever after.

actually i just laid on the ground trying not to cry.
Jesus bear... I only had a torn bicep.
didn’t expect a war and peace response lol

In the time between the first and second wave hospitals should've had time to organise their stuff. I understand that it was all hands on deck in spring but by now they should be organised much better. What I would have done is, in regions where there's more hospitals close together, seperate wards completely. Have 1 hospital ready for corona patients while the other one(s) are open for regular business. You would have to have a dedicated staff at the corona ward tho.

In China, and possibly other SE Asian countries, they have dedicated "fever" hospitals open year round. When you are ill and have a fever you don't go to a GP or a regular hospital where you can potentially infect other people but go to that place where they're ready to deal with possible infectious diseases. Alot can be said about China but atleast they learned this from earlier outbreaks. We used to have these too in the Western world but got pretty arrogant and think we don't need to take action.

People should be able to get an appointment if necessary, luckily I haven't had to miss a single one of my monthly appointments but they are at a private practice not a hospital.

In the time between the first and second wave hospitals should've had time to organise their stuff. I understand that it was all hands on deck in spring but by now they should be organised much better. What I would have done is, in regions where there's more hospitals close together, seperate wards completely. Have 1 hospital ready for corona patients while the other one(s) are open for regular business. You would have to have a dedicated staff at the corona ward tho.

In China, and possibly other SE Asian countries, they have dedicated "fever" hospitals open year round. When you are ill and have a fever you don't go to a GP or a regular hospital where you can potentially infect other people but go to that place where they're ready to deal with possible infectious diseases. Alot can be said about China but atleast they learned this from earlier outbreaks. We used to have these too in the Western world but got pretty arrogant and think we don't need to take action.

People should be able to get an appointment if necessary, luckily I haven't had to miss a single one of my monthly appointments but they are at a private practice not a hospital.
Can’t disagree with a word.

can go to the moon and back about who we voted for, would of could of should have...

Would it of been different with anyone else at the helm... guess we won’t ever know...

what I do know as a proud (once) conservative voter in the U.K. this has been a utter disgrace.

if it wasn’t for family and friends I dread to think what would of happened.

See gods country of the north east (Middlesbrough) have avoided any further measures as they have reliable, sensible and great people like me living here :)
I clicked on the BBC report on the new restrictions in YT mostly to read the comments below it. It appears that the tide is turning regarding folks view of this virus and their attitude towards the restrictions which I find quite heartening :)

People are getting sick of it, pardon the pun

The contradictions and ineptitude is bordering on slapstick now, it's quite apparent Boris & pals have lost the plot.

But then relentless media scaremongering since this virus' making it over here hasn't helped, where's the accountability for the Media in their part? Because now we have panic creating panic, even our supposed leaders are acting irrationally :rolleyes:

As encapsulated by YT's comments section and this succinct summation:

ke.jpg

Didn't actually have to cancel it, did they

Just as easily have gone ahead and televised it, minus the virus-addled tourist riff-raff

And so begins the BS cancelling of everything under the moniker of Corona. Will be amusing watching our hapless Govt try to curtail people meeting up for Christmas in groups :laugh:

Didn't actually have to cancel it, did they

Just as easily have gone ahead and televised it, minus the virus-addled tourist riff-raff

And so begins the BS cancelling of everything under the moniker of Corona. Will be amusing watching our hapless Govt try to curtail people meeting up for Christmas in groups :laugh:
We are getting primed for an extended 2nd lock down with the talk of one possibly happening next month "for just two weeks". Very similar to the lock down that was only suggested to last until the NHS where more prepared and to "flatten the curve". If it happens I fear that the damage will be worse than the first time round.

16th of September:
New cases: 106
Active cases: 591

Total cases: 2560
New recoveries: 22
Total recoveries: 1953
Total deaths: 14

Tests last 24h: 2470
Total tests: 221 162

So Malta with these numbers would probably be restricted in UK i assume (population something over 500k IIRC)? These numbers are probably raising bit everywhere at the moment, lockdowns can make difference for short time but can't still imagine that virus would disppear in few weeks if people don't see each others. It was like here near zero when airport was practically closed (you could get to these 2-3 daily flights if having good reason to travel, contact airline/authorities etc...) but surprisingly numbers got quite big when airport opened. Can't think what would be different if other lockdown would take a place, very low numbers for while until restrictions again get removed.

Happy that so few people need hospital care at all and very few some intensive care, number of deaths has been something like one per/month since April (think there is 5 more in these numbers since).

Love some bit weird rules here, when you ie. go to pub, you have to wear mask and wait until get seated and only serving to tables, when you need to go bathroom, you need to wear mask when getting up from your table. Would imagine that inside when AC is on, this could spread to next table when people sit there hours to watch sports on weekends, maybe next step is that you are only quickly allowed to remove your mask to take sip from pint and are not allowed to breath out when doing it or something else cool. Not sure how good it do for masks when people keep them in pockets and wear them when entering somewhere where it's mandatory.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Is England Heading For Another Lockdown?
An average of 6,000 people were infected per day between September 4 to 10.

No *snip* is locking me down again, EVER. Im sick of this shit, and so is my 84 year old mum who has been prevented from seeing her children and grandchildren in what would be the last year or 2 of her life. She is as anti lockdown as me, its all total BS. Sorry for ranting but I want my human rights, illegal immigrants get more of those rights than me right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
No *snip* is locking me down again, EVER. Im sick of this shit, and so is my 84 year old mum who has been prevented from seeing her children and grandchildren in what would be the last year or 2 of her life. She is as anti lockdown as me, its all total BS. Sorry for ranting but I want my human rights, illegal immigrants get more of those rights than me right now.
Don’t be sorry, I totally agree with you.

it’s easy to agree with this shite when it doesn’t affect you, like if you don’t need to go out to work etc..

But many of us do.

never apologise mate unless you mean it, and regarding in the U.K. and corona it’s a utter disgrace how it’s been handled.

to quote rage against the machine...

Fuck you I won’t do what you tell me!..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back