Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

A bit controversial but what do you think of the equality directive?

I've always thought the best person for the job is the best person regardless of race, colour, sexual preference or any other quality unrelated to the work.

I see that in itself as equality gone mad. Its fundamentally flawed and beggars belief that its progress, in my opinion.

Northern Ireland operates with the old positive discrimination model, for example. It's really fair.;)

Personally, i think it's tosh. If i'd my own business I'm giving the job to whoever i thinks going to do it better - to be told, nope, you need to award it to someone not as good, or even shite, due to an under representation, tests even my leftisms :p

Northern Ireland operates with the old positive discrimination model, for example. It's really fair.;)

Personally, i think it's tosh. If i'd my own business I'm giving the job to whoever i thinks going to do it better - to be told, nope, you need to award it to someone not as good, or even shite, due to an under representation, tests even my leftisms :p

Every good democracy needs somebody like the old Harry Enfield character Angry Frank.

His job in parliament could be Chief Tosh Whip, sat next to the speaker. They could have a list of complete Tosh and regardless of left or right if somebody mentions anything senseless and devoid of logic he tells them 'Nooooo!......

Think the big danger is if the virus takes a serious hold in countries where there are mass populations
and for whatever reason the health facilities and govenments are not up to coping with it, thinking of Pakistan, India and Africa to name a few.Iran seems to be partly in denial, the death rate there is reported as 13%.

There was a woman on LBC last night who rang in very concerned that Crufts might get cancelled as the top breed favourite is a dog from Italy.

Even Crufts is not safe from the overreactions of the public.

Our small city has four military college cadets in isolation. One was on a flight with one of the confirmed cases in BC on Feb 13. BC board of health informed him Feb 23. I assume the other three are his roommates. All employees were sent an email. So for 10 days he was out and about going to class, downtown, shopping.

Our small city has four military college cadets in isolation. One was on a flight with one of the confirmed cases in BC on Feb 13. BC board of health informed him Feb 23. I assume the other three are his roommates. All employees were sent an email. So for 10 days he was out and about going to class, downtown, shopping.
There is one student in Ireland waiting on results from the test but showing some symptoms just came back from a ski trip in Italy. Not to mention we had one lady that checked out of the hotel in Tennerieffe just before the quarantine, got on a plane and flew home and now self-isolated. That's a major case of closing the barn door after the horse is miles down the road. For a while restricting travel within the EU would be a good idea but the powers that be don't want to do that. Idiots the lot of them.

I think we have two confirmed cases here in Sweden.
But since the incubation period is so long, it might very well to turn out to be more.
Guess ill know in a week or two.
You should be fine as you are a man in the guise of a bear so the furry outfit should be enough to protect you.

You should be fine as you are a man in the guise of a bear so the furry outfit should be enough to protect you.

Thats what you think.
Actually im a bear in the guise of a man.

But im not all that worried to be honest.
If people start dying all over the place maybe ill change my mind, but as it stands now, if you are a healthy young-ish person, i dont think there is need for concern.

I have been kind of wondering if thats what people think.
Not really my cup of tea that.
I cant tell you exactly how i became Pooh, but i know it was not my intention from the start.
And now its too late to change =(

And dont all the furries choose cool animals to be?
Wolfs, foxes,dragons,unicorns etc.
You never hear about someone identifying as a Snail or earthworm.

Now... If i had to become a furry, i would choose a much more chill animal.
Like a sloth or something.

sloth.gif

130 people told they can leave the Tenerife hotel which was on lockdown for the virus as they did not come into contact with anyone with the illness and workers will be allowed into the hotel.

One of the uk health trusts has asked all the staff to shave off their beards so their masks fit properly
but those who object on cultural or religeous grounds are exempt, thats bloody disgusting when it affects
the risk to patients,its either necessary or not.Typical of this country,shit scared of offending minorities
even when it could seriously affect others.

One of the uk health trusts has asked all the staff to shave off their beards so their masks fit properly
but those who object on cultural or religeous grounds are exempt, thats bloody disgusting when it affects
the risk to patients,its either necessary or not.Typical of this country,shit scared of offending minorities
even when it could seriously affect others.
If I had a beard I would not shave it off just because a clueless trust asked me to, you can tell I work in NHS and always be wary of what these non-clinical, sit in an office never get on the front line types tell you.

Seems some styles are ok, if we all have to do it its either the Unlucky Alf or Blakey look for me.
Dont know how bears would cope though, probably the TED look might be allowed.

Don't have a beard either but beardie-weirdies are known to harbour many a germ in them, that's actually proven.

However, if told to shave it off because of some BS directive I'd probably grow it out further into full-tramp mode just to piss them off, with strategic crumb placements

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back