Brexit - whats the difference.....

sure ne

What do you think those DUP head bangers should do?let May put a border down the Irish Sea?which in turn would be the end of NI.

They are the largest party in the province for a reason they got 36% of the vote in the 2017 election securing 10 seats in parliament with thier main mandate to secure the union.

So I suspect allowing May to do what she wanted might have went against their principles ,thru all this bollocks they are the only party not thinking of their political future and doing what their voters asked them to do.

Head bangers indeed

My family would have been DUP voters, though i never voted for them, and i honestly believe they have called this one wrong. My understanding of the proposed backstop would be that if it was in place, NI would have absolutely boomed as it would be a hub both for Europe and the rest of the UK, and if this was the case it would have brought a whole new level of prosperity to our wee country.

For God sake now she wants an extension and wants to meet Corbyn, she is not right in the head. Looks like we are going for the customs union after all this. Disgrace.

She is either incredibly thick, bloody minded or both. She still wants her pathetic withdrawal agreement to go through. It is not going to happen. Her withdrawal agreement which cedes everything but the kitchen sink to the EU is the only thing Remain and Leave voters and supporters agree on together.

I can see anarchy coming to the UK streets if Brexit doesn't happen. Even though, if there was a vote tomorrow I would vote remain, due to the fact that Brexit has turned into a clusterwhatsit of epic proportions.

At least now, we can sit back and watch the Tory party implode into a black hole. The ERG will be not too happy. Every cloud and all that.

Meanwhile I am stocking up at my local Aldi - Prepping LOLOL

56161865_10157133715545912_77184436369620992_n.jpg

There won't be anarchy on the streets.

A few drunk old racists will have a drunken punch up, the rest of us will get on with life as we did before this shitfest ever happened.

A few drunk old racists will have a drunken punch up, the rest of us will get on with life as we did before this shitfest ever happened.
I’d not be so sure.
I’ve never protested in my life, this however if it goes the treachouros way it looks like it is, then I’ll be going to London.
It’s utterly shameful no matter which side of the fence you stand...
(Or sit on it if your Jeremy Corbyn)

Then you seem to be as out of touch as the so-called politicians and the biased TV media. Don't underestimate the height of feeling about this shambles. When the government betrays you and effectively ignores an instruction like this, many will see this as justification to ignore tax collection, laws and even worse.

If you think the country is divided now, wait and see what happens if Parliament inveigles it's way out of leaving, whether by prevarication, second binary referendum or indecision.

Then you seem to be as out of touch as the so-called politicians and the biased TV media. Don't underestimate the height of feeling about this shambles. When the government betrays you and effectively ignores an instruction like this, many will see this as justification to ignore tax collection, laws and even worse.

If you think the country is divided now, wait and see what happens if Parliament inveigles it's way out of leaving, whether by prevarication, second binary referendum or indecision.

But isn't this Parliament taking back control, exactly like you wanted them to?

See how awesome it is, the British Parliament is the ultimate seat of power in the United Kingdom, no one can usurp them!

Or is it only cool when it's a slogan and not reality?

Also, let's not forget that March To Remain got a million people out onto the streets for a peaceful protest, March To Leave got a few tired old pensioners and Nigel Farage fucking off after half a mile.

Totally agree.
People won’t just light a candle and say a prayer and say ‘diversity is our strength’
It goes a hell of a lot deeper, the utter outrage and disgust, not to mention anger will sadly rear its head, rightly so as the people have been betrayed. When the government no longer fears its people then it’s a very slippery slope.

See how awesome it is, the British Parliament is the ultimate seat of power in the United Kingdom, no one can usurp them!

Also, let's not forget that March To Remain got a million people out onto the streets for a peaceful protest, March To Leave got a few tired old pensioners and Nigel Farage fucking off after half a mile.
You read that from the bbc mate?.

Totally agree.
People won’t just light a candle and say a prayer and say ‘diversity is our strength’
It goes a hell of a lot deeper, the utter outrage and disgust, not to mention anger will sadly rear its head, rightly so as the people have been betrayed. When the government no longer fears its people then it’s a very slippery slope.

The people have been betrayed by UK governments, not by the EU.

It's ten years of Tory austerity and the rot that set in with 'New Labour' that are to blame here, the EU have just copped the blame and the anger. If you want to see where the real villains are, look far closer to home.

That's a frankly trite and irrelevant observation. Why the hell would 'leave' want to march when they have nothing to march for, give they WON the referendum! We can leave marches and silly petitions to the sore losers, it appears to keep them happy, keeps their fantasy alight in their minds. :laugh:

And the Parliament issue is down to some foreigner who thought it would be unfair to let the government solely deal with the process (which they were elected to do) so sought a Supreme Court judgement, as it transpires not for her claims of 'democratic process' but because she is a leave denier and knew it would inevitably thwart the process. Which brings me to the next point - why do leave not seek a judgement stating there CANNOT be a binary referendum while the result of the original one hasn't been mooted?

You read that from the bbc mate?.

Not at all, but this whole thing really gets my piss boiling.

I'm no big fan of the EU, I've been critical of them over the years for all sorts of things, but in terms of the harm visited on the UK and its people, they don't even make the end credits as a minor bit player. This is ten years of grinding Tory austerity, and a sickness that set in with New Labour and their desperation to appease rampant capitalist interests, coming home to roost.

(And you can trace it back far further than that if you want to go into the history of neo-liberalism.)

The anger of the Leavers is justified. The target is wrong.

That's a frankly trite and irrelevant observation. Why the hell would 'leave' want to march when they have nothing to march for, give they WON the referendum! We can leave marches and silly petitions to the sore losers, it appears to keep them happy, keeps their fantasy alight in their minds. :laugh:

And the Parliament issue is down to some foreigner who thought it would be unfair to let the government solely deal with the process (which they were elected to do) so sought a Supreme Court judgement, as it transpires not for her claims of 'democratic process' but because she is a leave denier and knew it would inevitably thwart the process. Which brings me to the next point - why do leave not seek a judgement stating there CANNOT be a binary referendum while the result of the original one hasn't been mooted?
Agree and find it amusing ‘remain’ keep harping on about this silly March and how it was bigger than ‘leaves’
As you state why would the winners wish to march?.. pointless PR shite from the powers that be whom are tied to the EU’s apron strings.
The whole thing is beyond devisive, and that’s totally been created by the remain lot... your even having daily votes on something that should of been decided along time ago in parliament, the whole farce is sickening.

Last edited:

What a typical remain arrogant reply.

I am in Ireland and started off almost 3 years ago pro EU and disliking the Brexit vote intensely. Over the last 2 years, I have come to see the EU for what it really is evil. I think when some of the bureaucrats starting talking about EU armies and that being a Nationalist is not good (not allowed to be proud of your country, fuck that). The EU is run by globalists that don't care about its citizens. Anyway, the following video from a Brexiteer Sargon of Akkad does a very nice recap.

Last time I checked all EU member states had national elections to their own parliaments, and also sent elected MEPs to the European parliament.

Kind of sounds like democracy to me.

Wow, 9 pages, hot topic. I didn't read it all but:

The European Parliament doesn't have any real power. All the important decisions are the economic policies and those are decided in Eurogroup, an informal meeting without records.
In Eurogroup German minister and his minions have absolute and unquestionable power over any parliament in Europe. Quoting Wolfgang Schäuble "elections cannot be allowed to change economic policies".

So no, there is no democracy.
Even in your own country you can't have democracy if you don't have a say at economic policies.

On the other hand I am pro EU, never wanted Brexit and I believe in "change it from the inside".
But since people decided Brexit it should be respected. And hopefully we will fix EU and in 10 years they will want to come back! :)

Wow, 9 pages, hot topic. I didn't read it all but:

The European Parliament doesn't have any real power. All the important decisions are the economic policies and those are decided in Eurogroup, an informal meeting without records.
In Eurogroup German minister and his minions have absolute and unquestionable power over any parliament in Europe. Quoting Wolfgang Schäuble "elections cannot be allowed to change economic policies".

So no, there is no democracy.
Even in your own country you can't have democracy if you don't have a say at economic policies.

On the other hand I am pro EU, never wanted Brexit and I believe in "change it from the inside".
But since people decided Brexit it should be respected. And hopefully we will fix EU and in 10 years they will want to come back! :)
You really ought to read all 9 pages to get a balanced view on proceedings

Not at all, but this whole thing really gets my piss boiling.

I'm no big fan of the EU, I've been critical of them over the years for all sorts of things, but in terms of the harm visited on the UK and its people, they don't even make the end credits as a minor bit player. This is ten years of grinding Tory austerity, and a sickness that set in with New Labour and their desperation to appease rampant capitalist interests, coming home to roost.

(And you can trace it back far further than that if you want to go into the history of neo-liberalism.)

The anger of the Leavers is justified. The target is wrong.

An interesting topic on the anti-BBC site, regarding Crown Dependencies.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

A long read, but I would respectfully suggest, very much worth your time.

This is by Peter Oborne, a staunch Conservative who voted for Brexit.

I'm pretty much on the opposite end of the political spectrum to him (he's a big fan of Margaret Thatcher), but I've always admired him as a decent man imbued with honesty and integrity.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Of course changing our approach after a year’s mature reflection would need a second referendum. But I don’t believe it would be undemocratic. A great deal of water has flowed under the bridge since January 2016. So many of the facts have changed that it makes every kind of sense to re-examine the most important decision in decades.

Finally – and without naming them – I must state that there are many MPs (and not a few journalists) still marching under the Brexit banner who will read this article with a sympathy and support they do not feel able to declare. They too have changed their minds.

I have, and must say so. Fair enough (you may think), but where is the ringing declaration of love for the European Union? We have seen the passionate beliefs of the Brexiteers. Where’s your own positivity? Where your matching passion for Remain?

I have none. Only a deep, gnawing worry that we are making a significant mistake: a worry that is growing by the hour. Call that negative, if you like, but precaution is negative – yet it is part of our kit for survival.

I come back, then, to a proposition that sounds lame – as quiet good sense so often does. Just this, and this alone. Suspending Brexit will be greatly preferable to the alternative. How many important decisions in our own lives, too, have had to be taken on such a chilly and unexciting consideration? It’s time for a long pause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back