Alan Partridge

cheekymonkey

On a Break
Ok, I can't be the only one that has religiously watched (and listened on the radio) [to] Alan the past 30 years.

Let's post our favourite clips and lines. I will start with one of the most obvious, I realise there's trillions of other clips online, which I'm not embarrassed to say, I've probably seen them all.

I'm a fan of Alan Partridge too and often sing 'don't you want me baby' in my nasally Partridge voice to the kids, much to their dismay.

One of my favs is when he is pitching ideas to his boss, which leads on to him dreaming of doing a lapdance in another episode I think.

Found it anyway - the idea pitch not the lapdance.

I first became aware of Alan Partridge when he had his slot on The Day Today back in 1994, so if you want to see how he got started in TV, this is where it happened. (He was on radio for three years before that.)

I've been a moderate fan over the years but never slavishly watched him, although I do enjoy his stuff when I see it. The Alpha Papa film was on Amazon recently, I watched that and thought it was great.

Never been a fan of Alan partridge really.. altho smell my cheese did amuse me, and the 'goooalll' football commentating was quite funny lol

Think I preferred other characters he created, Alan I just found boring mostly. :D

Never been a fan of Alan partridge really.. altho smell my cheese did amuse me, and the 'goooalll' football commentating was quite funny lol

Think I preferred other characters he created, Alan I just found boring mostly. :D
Dear oh dear.

So what makes you chuckle then spoo42?

As far as Alan partridge goes, not much. If anything Steve coogan I preferred his Paul calf character but they didn't make much with him in it.

Other stuff? Young ones, bottom, filthy rich and catflap, royle family, Inbetweeners, erm probly more but was never much of an Alan partridge fan tho as I say there was some bits made me laugh.

As far as Alan partridge goes, not much. If anything Steve coogan I preferred his Paul calf character but they didn't make much with him in it.

Other stuff? Young ones, bottom, filthy rich and catflap, royle family, Inbetweeners, erm probly more but was never much of an Alan partridge fan tho as I say there was some bits made me laugh.

I think Alan Partridge is a kind of cringy humour that almost makes you wince, almost an acquired taste. A bit like The Office and Ricky Gervais, when I first watched it I was left wondering what the hell was going on, maybe I'm just a bit slow on the uptake, but a big fan of both.

Love The Young Ones, was nothing else quite like it on tele at the time, remember staying up late to watch it. The Inbetweeners is hilarious and reminds me so much of school. There was a Jay who lied about all the birds he was shagging, a briefcase wanker, a lovesick puppy besotted with one girl and a divvy Neil in my school and I imagine in most.

Peep Show is one of my favs, so many funny episodes, like the one where they ran over the dog and then kept it in a bag and claimed it was meat for the bbq, and when the youths bully Marc on several occasions, plus Super Hans drug-induced exploits.

Not even heard of Filthy Rich and Catflap, off to have a browse.

Bottom was funny, the gasman turning up to read their meter a particular favourite episode.

A 90's sitcom I wonder if anyone can remember was the peter principle with jim broadbent, not sure if it stands up to time but the episode where he gets into lottery scratchcards gave me some chuckles.

Back on steve coogan iirc he did a straight role about an addicted gambler, which was well received, must've been 10 years back at a guess.

Love The Young Ones,

filthy rich and catflap is basically somewhere in the middle of young ones and bottom.. 3 of the 4 cast, the main 2 of rik mayall and ade edmondson had the same names as the eventual bottom characters - infact watching the FR+C series (i think they only made one?) they did a few jokes that ended up in bottom.

Still , if you liked young ones and then bottom , its somewhere in the middle of both. :) Im sure someones put them on youtube? maybe worth looking there

Bottom was funny, the gasman turning up to read their meter a particular favourite episode.

Loved bottom. I can repeat every single line of every single episode whenever one randomly appears on tv or a relative or family member happens to be watching an episode when i turn up.. much to everyones annoyance. lol the amount of times ive seen them all, including all the live shows , ive lost count. :laugh:

filthy rich and catflap is basically somewhere in the middle of young ones and bottom.. 3 of the 4 cast, the main 2 of rik mayall and ade edmondson had the same names as the eventual bottom characters - infact watching the FR+C series (i think they only made one?) they did a few jokes that ended up in bottom.

Still , if you liked young ones and then bottom , its somewhere in the middle of both. :) Im sure someones put them on youtube? maybe worth looking there

Had a look last night, can't believe I missed it, watching episodes on youtube as suggested in between catching up on South Park.

I think Alan Partridge is a kind of cringy humour that almost makes you wince, almost an acquired taste. A bit like The Office and Ricky Gervais, when I first watched it I was left wondering what the hell was going on, maybe I'm just a bit slow on the uptake, but a big fan of both.

Love The Young Ones, was nothing else quite like it on tele at the time, remember staying up late to watch it. The Inbetweeners is hilarious and reminds me so much of school. There was a Jay who lied about all the birds he was shagging, a briefcase wanker, a lovesick puppy besotted with one girl and a divvy Neil in my school and I imagine in most.

Peep Show is one of my favs, so many funny episodes, like the one where they ran over the dog and then kept it in a bag and claimed it was meat for the bbq, and when the youths bully Marc on several occasions, plus Super Hans drug-induced exploits.

Oh god no not peep show! Had a housemate that was obsessed with that show, like watching paint dry. Now the I.T crowd, There is a proper comedy great! So underrated

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back