2020/21 premier league and any football elsewhere discussion

mcgameboy

NEVER GO FULL WOKETARD
CAG
mm2
I envisage Gerrard will be in charge of the mighty reds next season after his amazing achievement at Rangers.
Too early mate.

Stevie G will be manager one day, no doubt about it. But if Klopp were to be sacked after what he has done for Liverpool, it would be very harsh indeed,

He has earned the right to be given next season in order to right this seasons wrongs.

If Klopp were to quit at the end of this season though, then that's a whole different kettle of fish.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
What an amazing recovery by Rangers to come back from the disaster of the sanctions imposed on them. But that is what is achievable when your one of the two dominant teams in Scotland.
Aberdeen where the last team to win the league back in 85 outside of Celtic and Rangers so to me Scottish football is a bit of a farce.
For that reason I think that Steve Gerrard is still partly unproven as a Manager in a league that has stiff competition from multiple teams.

I envisage Gerrard will be in charge of the mighty reds next season after his amazing achievement at Rangers.

Last edited:

pinnit2014

Meister Member
PABnoaccred
mm1
Helped in part by Lennon's increasingly frail psyche coming into full force in the season.

You wouldn't mind a few dominant teams if there was a bit of (rising) quality amongst the rest, but it really is painful to watch. I still try and go to the odd St Mirren game but it was really a chore. Doesn't help when some of these 2 bit teams are charging 350-400 quid for season tickets for essentially watching volleyball.

My 3 year old can control a football with one touch better than some of them.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Helped in part by Lennon's increasingly frail psyche coming into full force in the season.

You wouldn't mind a few dominant teams if there was a bit of (rising) quality amongst the rest, but it really is painful to watch. I still try and go to the odd St Mirren game but it was really a chore. Doesn't help when some of these 2 bit teams are charging 350-400 quid for season tickets for essentially watching volleyball.

I was quite lucky before the lock down because I often worked at ST James Park on match days and used to watch the second half for free. I used to know an old guy who sold programs for decades before the game and every now and then during Keegans first spell as manager I would travel up from the south east and help him lug the programs around then he got me in for free with a spare stewards jacket on. That was at a time when the waiting list for a season ticket was long and getting in was almost impossible without one.
These days I wouldn't pay to go watch Newcastle until the club gets sold

dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3

Oh - you bought the St Mirren season ticket last year then?

mack341

haha: man city 1 leeds 2

stuart dallas scored twice, one in the 90th to snatch victory, and what with liverpool beating arsenal 3 nil and westbrom putting 5 past chelsea last week, things are finally looking up :p

DreamRJ

Out of this world!
MM
It has been an unpredictable season so far. I predicted Liverpool would have a bad season this season after they won the title last season!

As for City, I think they are 100% the title winners this season though. My team Man United I hope can stay in 2nd. I also hope we can still win Europa League too. We should be getting to the semis now after our first leg match we scored 2 away goals in it. Making it 0-2 to UTD.

But 3rd and 4th could still be any of around 3 - 5 teams, it is very close points wise.

It was certainly a great result for Leeds to beat city especially the fact they was down to 10 men too. You would have thought a 10man side would have been thrashed by City, but nope lol Just shows you anything can still happen. I really hope City get knocked out of the FA cup and do not win the CL so that they do not get to win another triple :)

Last edited:

mack341

man utd have been much better this year, bruno fernandes was a very good buy, still have my doubts about ole gunnar but maybe that is unfair.

man city seem to coast without even really a top scoring forward [20+ goals say] according to wikipedia jesus and aguero have 9 league goals between them this year :confused: ...if they had a top striker in his prime they'd be unstoppable in europe as well.

Kenji85

man utd have been much better this year, bruno fernandes was a very good buy, still have my doubts about ole gunnar but maybe that is unfair.

man city seem to coast without even really a top scoring forward [20+ goals say] according to wikipedia jesus and aguero have 9 league goals between them this year :confused: ...if they had a top striker in his prime they'd be unstoppable in europe as well.
To be fair Aguero has missed 70% of the season with injury and covid. Otherwise he would have a bagful.

If they sign Haaland in the summer they'll be so much stronger.

DreamRJ

Out of this world!
MM

Yeah I agree with you about Bruno, he has changed UTD for the better. Ole is not the best managers but he is getting the job done to an extent. It is just slow progress but look at Sir Alex. It taken him 3 or 4 years to develop a winning team and the rest was history. Building a team under the Glaziers is basically near impossible, because the board does not back the manager. If they backed Ole and gave him the players he wanted and gave him his first picks then I suspect UTD would be title contenders next season. Ed Woodward just fails to get the job done and get the players Ole wants.

As for City, well Haaland might be happening for City. There was rumours United might be in for him too. But I read that with all fees and costs included it comes close to 290million. Which is just crazy. On top of that even if City Or United did manage to sign Haaland it would mean he only stays for 3 years as Haaland does not want to stay at the same club for longer than 3 years at a time. So it will basically be a waste signing him for the short term and not worth the cost. I mean it would be if he would stay longer than 3 years. I mean Haaland is a fantastic Striker and he will score a hell of a lot of goals which ever team he plays for. That is without question so he is worth the money but not in terms of contract lengths......

mack341

The early saturday games are a bugger to an accumulator from my experience, normal form seems to go out the window. After a while I always skipped adding those.

mack341

To be fair Aguero has missed 70% of the season with injury and covid. Otherwise he would have a bagful.

If they sign Haaland in the summer they'll be so much stronger.

That is true, obviously a top forward over the years despite numerous spells out injured, I thought jesus might go on to be prolific but doesn't seemed to have happened. I wonder how much Haaland would cost??? 290 million according to dream, that is unbelievable!

Kenji85

That is true, obviously a top forward over the years despite numerous spells out injured, I thought jesus might go on to be prolific but doesn't seemed to have happened. I wonder how much Haaland would cost???
120million plus would be my guess. in the current silly money market that is

DreamRJ

Out of this world!
MM
That is true, obviously a top forward over the years despite numerous spells out injured, I thought jesus might go on to be prolific but doesn't seemed to have happened. I wonder how much Haaland would cost??? 290 million according to dream, that is unbelievable!

There was a breakdown of the costs for Haaland on one of the papers. It was said that Dortmund are gonna be asking 150mil then with wages and agent fees etc etc on top it comes to around 290million....

I mean for example United and Raiola agent do not have a great history. Look what is happening with Pogba. So the chances of us signing Haaland are again jumping and staying in bed with that agent looks to be remote. I am not a fan of Raiola's crazy fees though!

Not sure if I am allowed to link to a newspaper or not. If it is not allowed feel free to snip my post :D

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited:

mack341

HT: Lfc 0 av 1

Aston are becoming a bogey team for klopp and lfc, going to be big teams looking at that villa manager I feel down the line. [edit: or it could be the management combo with john terry making a difference]

Grealish will command a big transfer fee when he leaves, which will probably be this year I think.

Last edited: