well my man an my daughter both got
a check an they both filed theirselves
an used the same home addie

So i would be calling the good ole
IRS an sayin het where the bleep
is my check

Good luck all

Cindy

My husband and I have not got ours either. His SSN shows a check will be sent on 6/27 ( can't wait) My Mother lives with me and she recvd her stimulus by direct deposit in May. I think it depends on how many returns are filed. :D

One check per household? That's completely false. Whoever filed a tax form and qualifies, gets a check. $300 minimum if you're single and qualify. $600 for married couples minimum. $300 plus for every dependent you have.

jas2587, do you know if you qualified?

I haven't got mine, but thats only because I have not filed my taxes yet :)

My SO, who is on total state disability, and has not filed taxes in 12 years because he makes no money at all other than that, got a form from IRS Website and filed it, got a letter one day saying it was processed and got another letter the next day telling him his check has gone to back child support. His mother who is on SS, and pays no taxes, got hers last month on a direct deposit.

When you get your check goes by the last two digits of your SS # I think I read somewhere that there was talk about doing ANOTHER stim check to see if THAT one would boost the economy cause I don't think the first one worked all that well...

Marcie

Here's how this "wonderful" payment works....

1. Everyone who has filed their tax return by April 15th of this year will be receiving a payment based on the info on your tax return. This amount is basically $300 per person ($600 for married couples, more for singles or couples who have dependents).

2. If you DID NOT file your return by April 15th, depending on when you file(d) your return, your payment will be delayed until AT LEAST October.

3. The way your ESP comes to you is the exact same way it came to you (if you got a refund). If you did not receive a refund when you filed your taxes, you will receive a check. However, if you filed and used Direct Deposit, you should have gotten your refund already.

One check per household? That's completely false. Whoever filed a tax form and qualifies, gets a check. $300 minimum if you're single and qualify. $600 for married couples minimum. $300 plus for every dependent you have.

jas2587, do you know if you qualified?

no I am on SSI an cannot file for 1

but every 1 else in household got it

all thru the mail

Our check finally arrived today 2400.00 - My little girls are under the impression the 300.00 allotted for each kid is theirs to spend - Ha - little fools I don't think so.:D

no I am on SSI an cannot file for 1

but every 1 else in household got it

all thru the mail

jas2587........in this situation you file a 1040A and write in big letters across the top "Economic Stimulus" and on the back of the form is a place to request direct deposit. You will get $300. See the IRS website for the form and instructions. Info is also on the Social Security website.

I don't qualify either, Kakata.

I get a payment each week but it is not taxable so I never have to file a tax return. However, I did work a little so filed what I earned but since it was under $3000, no stimulus check. Now, not that I am rich or anything, but don't you think that people who don't earn $3000 could do with an economic stimulus check? Made no sense to me. Go figure!!

Hope all the rest of you get your soon.

I don't qualify either, Kakata.

I get a payment each week but it is not taxable so I never have to file a tax return. However, I did work a little so filed what I earned but since it was under $3000, no stimulus check. Now, not that I am rich or anything, but don't you think that people who don't earn $3000 could do with an economic stimulus check? Made no sense to me. Go figure!!

Hope all the rest of you get your soon.

Anniemac, none of my income is taxable and I don't have to file tax returns. However, you need to file a 1040A in this instance to receive the $300. It has been specially set up for folks in our situation. See the websites mentioned above for more info.

It is only a credit against your 2008 taxes. Essentially, you just get an interest free credit for a year (at the expense of higher national debt and higher taxes in the future), unless your 2008 taxes are less than the amount of the credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back