Your Input Please YouTube slots video suggestion algorithm problems

brianmon

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
webby
mm4
With the discussion going on in another thread about slots channels being closed and deleted. I thought I'd bring this up..

I've just watched a YouTube video of a new Pragmatic slot - Sweet Bonanza

0611.jpg
When the video had finished, This is what YouTube suggested I watch next..

0610.jpg

So if these are the videos suggested by YouTube's algorithms.
Is it not possible the reverse could happen, with the slot review being suggested to the viewers watching these kid's videos???

Could YouTube's algorithms be part of the problem ???

P.S. I don't watch kid's videos. So the suggestions can't be based on my viewing history, lol

With the discussion going on in another thread about slots channels being closed and deleted. I thought I'd bring this up..

I've just watched a YouTube video of a new Pragmatic slot - Sweet Bonanza

View attachment 109014
When the video had finished, This is what YouTube suggested I watch next..

View attachment 109015

So if these are the videos suggested by YouTube's algorithms.
Is it not possible the reverse could happen, with the slot review being suggested to the viewers watching these kid's videos???

Could YouTube's algorithms be part of the problem ???

P.S. I don't watch kid's videos. So the suggestions can't be based on my viewing history, lol

yeah you say that brian but we've only just found out dunover was a big balamory fan :p

I think you could be right, their auto suggestion is a little basic to say the least, sweets = children to them. It's the advertising angle too, they can't afford to not suggest content just in case it is relevant, might make them money. I think on the gambling content front they should have a dedicated team to vet the channels and these kind of link words which are slot title specific.

Brian just as a side point re bonanza, did you flag btg on a post a few weeks ago, it was about the result of a bonus being displayed prior to one spin not even being played out, which contradicts their claim that each spin in the bonus is called from the server live.

The person in question had had their game session crash just before the bonus could be played out and then when they refreshed the game the result was already showing in their balance.

Did I imagine this post as I can't seem to find it now?

yeah you say that brian but we've only just found out dunover was a big balamory fan :p

I think you could be right, their auto suggestion is a little basic to say the least, sweets = children to them. It's the advertising angle too, they can't afford to not suggest content just in case it is relevant, might make them money. I think on the gambling content front they should have a dedicated team to vet the channels and these kind of link words which are slot title specific.

Brian just as a side point re bonanza, did you flag btg on a post a few weeks ago, it was about the result of a bonus being displayed prior to one spin not even being played out, which contradicts their claim that each spin in the bonus is called from the server live.

The person in question had had their game session crash just before the bonus could be played out and then when they refreshed the game the result was already showing in their balance.

Did I imagine this post as I can't seem to find it now?

New Slot Announcement - Bonanza by Big Time Gaming

It was trancemonkey I flagged to comment, not BTG, although TM seems to have declined to comment.

And it wasn't a case of the game crashing before the bonus could be played out. It appears to have crashed before the player even had chance to start the free spins. So it couldn't have just been the spins playing out on the server in the background. The player hadn't even initiated the spins

New Slot Announcement - Bonanza by Big Time Gaming

It was trancemonkey I flagged to comment, not BTG, although TM seems to have declined to comment.

And it wasn't a case of the game crashing before the bonus could be played out. It appears to have crashed before the player even had chance to start the free spins. So it couldn't have just been the spins playing out on the server in the background. The player hadn't even initiated the spins

Yes, believe that was my session; Sorry to derail but everyone will be happy to hear i got the 26x result added to my balance - and no, I didn't see the 'random' 12 spins in full motion;), just cold, hard, pre-determined before the 12 spins starts, 26 pounds cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back