Your personal moment of greatness.

secret2

irishbrit62
Considering the Olympics and how we feel about a particular team winning and sport.....what has been your personal amazing achievment in 'sport' related or not even sport related emotional high?

Mine was Irish dancing..won 4 cups....way back when, and I will never forget THAT feeling.

It was such a feeling of pure bliss.

:)

Well, most "real" athletes don't think bowling is a sport. I use to bowl league. For about 15 years. I had an average of 176 when I quit...... not too shabby for a girl!! My best game was a 256!! Yeah! lol

I remember when I was a kid I wasn't much of an athlete-at the time I hated football (oh how things have changed!) and from 4 years old until 13 had had a pretty rough time with asthma-in and out of hospital on a regular basis.

Anyhow,one P.E lesson,when I was 10 in primary school,and had been given a piece of advice-to breath in through the nose and out via the mouth hence not getting out of breath so easily-I found this helped immensely and made my cross-country team-also coming 1st out of the whole class-I then went on to make a few top 10 race placings (out of around 200-250 people across the district of schools) which I was hugely proud of.

It was only primary school admittedly but strange how 1 piece of advice could help so much,and get you so much confidence through actually making a team-as I wasn't the most outgoing/confident of people admittedly.

Well, most "real" athletes don't think bowling is a sport. I use to bowl league. For about 15 years. I had an average of 176 when I quit...... not too shabby for a girl!! My best game was a 256!! Yeah! lol

I also like bowling but it seems to be a pastime of the past ie in the 70s and possibly early 80s. There were numerous bowling and pinball arcades then and I indulged in the latter.256 is simply great especially for a gal. I know the girls then couldnt manage half that score. They complained of the ball being too heavy lol.

I also like bowling but it seems to be a pastime of the past ie in the 70s and possibly early 80s. There were numerous bowling and pinball arcades then and I indulged in the latter.256 is simply great especially for a gal. I know the girls then couldnt manage half that score. They complained of the ball being too heavy lol.

You got it...... 70's thru 90's!

My ball was fingertip drilled with fingerlifts. 14lbs.

Boy, I did have fun! 24 to 30 teams per league......... and we took 1st almost every year! We rocked! Well............... for bowlers anyway.........

Does "drinking" count as a sport? :laugh:

Have to be a winning a grand final in junior cricket against another team we had not beaten at all in that season and also the 3 seasons before it, last game as a team also before seniors.

Does "drinking" count as a sport? :laugh:

Yes

I'm not athletic at all, but I do love to dance.

In 1992, for my 33rd birthday, my brother (RIP) bought me a bracelet for Mariposa, the one and only year it was held at Ontario Place, Toronto. Man it was cold, you could see your breath, and we actually got a few flakes of snow. My birthday is June 19 :eek:

There was barely anyone there with their kids, and the poor gal face painting was unoccupied. So I had her paint a big dragon across my face, with the flames coming up and circling my eye, a little like Seven of Nine, but before that.

People kept coming up and talking to me, and I realized I was COOL! I'd always had cool friends, but I was a little white bread myself. It was an epiphany.

Main stage, Freddy Fender and the Texas Tornados began to play Wooly Bully. I was the first one up on my feet to dance. 8,000 people maybe, but I was first. Two more bars, and a dozen people were on their feet, another chorus and around half.

That day really changed my life. I remain great 20 years later, and I'm still dancing.

Well I don't think it's that special, but other people tell me it's great that I have done every single Hastings Half Marathon since it started in 1984 - so that's 28 consecutive years.

I'm now in an "elite" group of only a dozen or so people who have done them all.
"Done" is the word though, and not "ran" - for the last 10 or so I have walked the entire distance.
I did used to jog it when I first started of course, but even then it would be hard to call that "running". My best ever time was 1:58 sometime in the 90's. These days I'm happy to walk it in three and a half hours.

KK

No 9 in MTV charts and singing in front of 100,000 people in a concert for charity... Can't tell you the year or the details ... I would like to keep a little secret in our relationship it's only been six months :)

my pure bliss was just last month when we took our little boy down to the heart hospital and we spent all day down there and he was hooked up to all kinds of

things and i knew that heart surg was just a breath away if things did,nt come back the way we needed them too.

and at the end we were told the hole had closed up all on its own and we did,nt have to come down anymore(have been going down twice a year caz our son is

special needs)

that was better then winning any gold medal:) it may have not been my moment of greatness but it was our sons moment and we got to shear it with him:)

It wasn't my greatest moment and not about sport either, but absolutely the one I will never forget.

I was in a youthcamp with a few thousand others, maybe 16 or 17 years old.
I was invited to sing on stage that night, just me and my guitarr, and since they thought I was so good at the time I was put as the last to enter.

Before me there was a rockband that everyone was dancing to, and when they had to stop playing just to let me on the stage...95% of the kids where leaving in protest:eek2:

Imagine my feeling to enter that stage and there was maybe 50 people in front of me.
Yeah, that was my great moment:oops:

I did sing though, and I was great:D

Considering the Olympics and how we feel about a particular team winning and sport.....what has been your personal amazing achievment in 'sport' related or not even sport related emotional high?

Mine was Irish dancing..won 4 cups....way back when, and I will never forget THAT feeling.

It was such a feeling of pure bliss.

:)

that reminded me off the time the wife said we never go dancing so of we went to the disco once inside we saw a gent dancing doing all the twirls and john travolta stuff,the:lolup: wife looked at him turned to me and said 25 years ago that man asked me to marry him and i said no,i looked at her and said yes thats why he is still celebrateing.:lolup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back