Why all the BTG hate?

Valhalla

Ueber Meister
Regular members will know that whilst I've been here years now, I disappear for months on end (work commitments mean my only time online is at MTTs). And in doing this I miss large chunks of news and information, industry developments and games releases amongst other things.

I can't help noticing since I returned recently that BTG gets a lot of hate, and whilst I have my own ideas why, I'm still not sure what it all stems from exactly. As an example - every big win posted from the new DoA2 seems to trigger at least one sarcastic comment aimed at BTG in one way or another.

What has actually happened to warrant this? I'm not in any way saying it's unwarranted, I just don't know why it's happening to begin with.

In a nutshell, BTG states potential which we rarely or never see. Other providers, namely Netent with DoA II in the most recent instance, state massive potential BUT it actually delivers time and time again.

Players/members have got fed up of "Ohh Bonaza can do this", yet 2 years on, where is the evidence etc?

DoA II paid well over 30,000 stake as one prime instance in its first few days, just under 5K on 0.18 bet! (It was on the home page few days ago)

The big difference is down to how the wins are preditermined, BTG games have very heavy controls and show
a lot of big win near misses, DOA2 appears to be close to pure random on symbol selection making the big hits
a lot more likely to occur.Basically DOA2 is what you see is what you get, BTG games are nearer to scratchcards
than slots. Just my take on it.

Last edited:
Could give a long answer to your question.

So much easier do do this @Nate lol. Sure you will get the answer's you want shortly Valhalla.
:eek2:

Hey man... nothing wrong with telling it like it is. Long time players of their slots have begun to smell the coffee too :laugh:

@ The OP... it's merely the effort they go through to get their games all hyped up and when it's all done and dusted, their games are some of the worst on the market - especially for their LACK of big hits.

Everybody has their cuppa tea and some people will love their games. I do... but not their sadistic payouts.

A lot of players who are fans of the high variance model will tell you how much they've banged into BTG slots and ended up with an empty wallet. Go try to hit 5000x in Bonanza and see how that goes for you.

Contrary to claims made by this provider, their slots have some of the LOWEST amounts of big hits in their payables. Look at the Casumo stats published monthly and you will see a trend.

BTG themselves and everyone's pet moose who have a licence cannot even cumulatively come close to the hit rate of just 1 Play n Go slot (BOD) OR Netent slot (DOA1)... that's rather pathetic.

Go to their website and see their slogan about big hits... and then tell me who is misleading who here?

They released WWTBAM recently citing a 50 000x hit potential... the thread died months ago.... so did many of the players who mortgaged their houses to try to hit 50 Free spins.

IMPO.. their gamble gimmicks, lack of big hits, tactics with streamers and questionable actions in the past have never had me as a fan.

But I could overlook everything if they actually designed a slot that lived up to any hype they create with their marketing.

Alas... it's sad when everyone they actually licence their MegaNoPays brand to have better paying slots than they do.

I mean even of the Dothraki had a license, you see better payouts...

Nate

Regular members will know that whilst I've been here years now, I disappear for months on end (work commitments mean my only time online is at MTTs). And in doing this I miss large chunks of news and information, industry developments and games releases amongst other things.

I can't help noticing since I returned recently that BTG gets a lot of hate, and whilst I have my own ideas why, I'm still not sure what it all stems from exactly. As an example - every big win posted from the new DoA2 seems to trigger at least one sarcastic comment aimed at BTG in one way or another.

What has actually happened to warrant this? I'm not in any way saying it's unwarranted, I just don't know why it's happening to begin with.

Obviously they have a lot of success, so most people love them.
They brought something new, every change gets some criticism. Also something happened at the beginning (faceplant of the year).

Biggest criticism is about two things: potential and buy/gamble feature.
They choose to hide the potential, make you think that anything is possible.
And they introduced buy/gamble. A few buy/gambles that you lose hard can make you very vocal against them, especially when you find out how low the true potential is.

Personally I like them and like the way they are paying because they keep your balance going (not all). Because of them I learned a few more things.
I wouldn't hide the potential though, if it was my call.

i could imagine bonanza also getting a lot of bonus funds playthrough, unlike doa1 which is banned in so many places these days.
with that in mind, i think it would be quite an eye opener to know how many spins have been played on that game from players on CM alone.

i don't play any of them, im a full on doa addict.
but if i saw a 15,000/20,000 x bet win on bonanza posted here at some point during the next few weeks or months to come, my facial expression would probably change as far as a momentary raise of the brow, i feel it would need to be in excess of the higher figure for a chance to get a reaction from both.

So much easier do do this @Nate lol

:lolup:

play the games daily and find out for yourself.

I do play them very regularly, especially Bonanza and [albeit licensed] Diamond Mine. To be fair I've had tons of 500 to 1000x bet wins, but never anything exceptional. I've never thought anything of that since not everyone is going to get huge wins, but then I hit around 2750x bet within a couple of days of DoA2 being released which I guess tells it's own story.

My personal gripe with BTG is with the game Extra Chilli - I find it extremely sleeked to offer the option of buying free spins, which people are definitely going to do, but then award 8 usually (4 less than you'd expect) and then offer the chance to gamble (lose) those anyway. It's something that doesn't sit well with me at all.

Yeah, I get the point about potential - but let's get something straight! They don't claim any specific maximum win in their pay tables/info like say PnG do, screaming 'WIN UP TO 5000X' or say Thunderkick and Blueprint do on their slot splash screens or pay tables. It's US LOT that keep theorizing that "if we hit 6OAK of this at that multiplier we COULD win xxxx times bet..." - no way will BTG disabuse you of that idea!

The colossal amount of reel permutations on games like Bonanza means that 10k+ x bet is going to be extremely rare, bearing in mind you've got to hit an unlikely reel outcome right when you are on a rare FS bonus right at the time when your multiplier is high. You'd need a triple whammy of luck!

DoA 2 is engineered with the RTP distribution necessary to facilitate 20,000x or more - try playing the bastard ONLY selecting High Noon spins and see how quick your bankroll lasts compared to Bonanza!

Forget theoretical potential for a moment and take the last 6 BTG games - aside from that awful WWTBAM's ridiculous gamble, Donuts, Chilli, Holy Diver, Final Countdown and Opal Fruits are the other 5. Take those 5 and compare them for look, mechanic and innovation with say the last 5 Gnatents, Microclonings, Playtakes, GITs, Nextgens, WMS's and Quickskinners and the BTG ones are a class above. The last 5 Prags and Red Tigers, Screwprints, Thunderkicksyourarse and Ryggdrasils are better but still not quite in BTG's league.

Yes, that's my opinion having logged and played over 8k slots in demo over the last 4-5 years and trust me, innovation and new ideas are very thin on the ground.

And I like Marmite (Vegemite for @Nate ) :D

I really love BTG also Netent win or lose they're fun, don't tell anyone ;)

I agree with @dunover here.

I've had quite a few sessions on DOA2 and every single one has been akin to having my fingernails ripped off with a pair of tweezers. In the main, it's not enjoyable to play and if you're thinking about sitting down and having a decent length session on it, think again.

When I play DOA2, once I'm down for the session on it, the overriding feeling is I'm not going to get it back.

Compare this to BTG- Yes we've not seen DOA2 level hits BUT the overall experience is 10x better IMO. You feel like you do stand a decent chance of exceeding the amount you deposited in the first place.

As I said to someone last week, I'd rather have multiple 1000x+ hits than hanker after a 30,000x hit (whilst completely stunting your play time) that in all likelihood is never ever going to happen to you.

Yeah, I get the point about potential - but let's get something straight! They don't claim any specific maximum win in their pay tables/info like say PnG do, screaming 'WIN UP TO 5000X' or say Thunderkick and Blueprint do on their slot splash screens or pay tables. It's US LOT that keep theorizing that "if we hit 6OAK of this at that multiplier we COULD win xxxx times bet..." - no way will BTG disabuse you of that idea!

The colossal amount of reel permutations on games like Bonanza means that 10k+ x bet is going to be extremely rare, bearing in mind you've got to hit an unlikely reel outcome right when you are on a rare FS bonus right at the time when your multiplier is high. You'd need a triple whammy of luck!

DoA 2 is engineered with the RTP distribution necessary to facilitate 20,000x or more - try playing the bastard ONLY selecting High Noon spins and see how quick your bankroll lasts compared to Bonanza!

Forget theoretical potential for a moment and take the last 6 BTG games - aside from that awful WWTBAM's ridiculous gamble, Donuts, Chilli, Holy Diver, Final Countdown and Opal Fruits are the other 5. Take those 5 and compare them for look, mechanic and innovation with say the last 5 Gnatents, Microclonings, Playtakes, GITs, Nextgens, WMS's and Quickskinners and the BTG ones are a class above. The last 5 Prags and Red Tigers, Screwprints, Thunderkicksyourarse and Ryggdrasils are better but still not quite in BTG's league.

Yes, that's my opinion having logged and played over 8k slots in demo over the last 4-5 years and trust me, innovation and new ideas are very thin on the ground.

And I like Marmite (Vegemite for @Nate ) :D

mmm Marmite

Since Bonanza/Chilli I have hated everything they have churned out, i dont the style of the artwork, compare
them to Mystery Fruits megaways, that artwork is superb, i find a lot of the BTG graphics and themes childish and irrelevent.
Got to say in their defence that Bonanza is a total masterpiece,everything about that game is spot on,i would rate it
as the best game in 20 years of playing ,after that they lost the plot altogether, i dont think the later stuff has much
intelligence just tables of preditermination data and scripted gameplay which i find horrible.

It’s a balancing act tho isn’t it?

As has been stated DOA2 has produced some absolute monsters. Having played the slot only once I can see why it can afford to!! It will rip your balance in no time as there is basically no base game and the features are pretty much all or nothing. If you like this then great, it’s the best slot to play but if you want some bang for your buck it may not be for you.

I play bonanza mostly. Always have and probably always will. Like Dazza said on one of his most recent videos, for some reason I’m always drawn back to it. Despite some pretty awful stats when it comes to big wins.

For example - It took me over a year, yes a whole year just to hit 500x and this isn’t just the odd session I’m talking several long sessions a week. Nearly 2 years to FINALLY hit a 1000x bonus. Ironically i hit 2 in a week. Both were just a few quid over a 1000x so no monsters yet and I’d be surprised if anybody on this forum sessions it more than me. Overall despite god knows how many spins I’ve only had 2 1000x+ hits and 6 500X+ hits. Which is actually piss poor considering the time I’ve spent on it and the alleged potential.

Despite playing through WAY less credits I’ve had bigger hits on Queen Of Riches, Book Of Ra 6 and Primal Megaways. All the above I reckon I’ve played through about 0.5% of the spins I have on Bonanza.

Even on my first session on DOA2 where admittedly I was quickspinning the whole time I deposited £200 and on my last few credits I hit £375 on 45p. That kind of hit took me 2 years on Bonanza and over a million spins more!! But it’s unlikely I’ll return to the game. Maybe the odd bash on 0.09p as the way it strips your balance is to much for me.

Bonanza imo pays way to many awful bonuses considering how long it can make you wait, but of course this is compensated by a normally generous base game.

Not really a fan of any of the other btg slots, millionaire is ok but the silly gamble ruins it for me. DHV is my worse enemy if I’m honest. Dreadful base game and those features seem pretty awful to me.

Donuts is so so. Again the feature cost can be horrific on this one. Rarely delivers when it lands aswell. Holy diver is not appealing at all. Never span a credit through it. DHV 2 - No thank you.

Blueprint have done a decent job with their mega ways versions. But again something about them doesn’t pull me in like Bonanza does.

With my stats I’m not sure why tho!!!

I agree with @dunover here.

I've had quite a few sessions on DOA2 and every single one has been akin to having my fingernails ripped off with a pair of tweezers. In the main, it's not enjoyable to play and if you're thinking about sitting down and having a decent length session on it, think again.

When I play DOA2, once I'm down for the session on it, the overriding feeling is I'm not going to get it back.

Compare this to BTG- Yes we've not seen DOA2 level hits BUT the overall experience is 10x better IMO. You feel like you do stand a decent chance of exceeding the amount you deposited in the first place.

As I said to someone last week, I'd rather have multiple 1000x+ hits than hanker after a 30,000x hit (whilst completely stunting your play time) that in all likelihood is never ever going to happen to you.

Look - DOA2 is basically Bled While Alive ... All or nothing, BUT you do see them hits rolling in. I get that, I understand its a total bastard.

Multiple 1000x hits - Good luck bud - That ain't happening, NOT with BTG <<< They could be forgiven or even less frowned upon if a FEW hits breached the 1000x mark. But with their gimmicks and gamble mechanics, you would be luckier hitting 50 000x bet on DOA than 1000x on Bonanza if you ran the same amount of spins through them.

Nate

No point comparing examples of the games really, so lets leave DoA II out of it, along with Bonanza. :p

Bottom line and the main point is, providers X, Y, Z - "Win up to 10,000 x your bet" - Oh look there they are in the Screenshots thread, nice hits :)

BTG 'Win up to 100,000 times your bet' - When? Where? How? Who? (ok maybe last one affy or streamer lol :oops:)

I can see why a lot of we players (I am including myself here) are of the opinion, that BTG games, in terms of max wins, do leave a lot to be desired compared to their touted "potential". If there was ever a game that I have given the best chance to actually drop a massive win it is Bonanza. I have easily had 1000 bonuses on that slot since its release. It is my go to game for wagering and it is one of my favorite slots of all time but I have NEVER seen its touted potential on my gameplay or anyone elses win videos.

I have seen interviews with Nik BTG and heard him state himself that there is no cap and free spins can keep retriggering for unlimited wins but the problem with that statement is, no one has ever seen that, ever. If they had, then this discussion would not exist. I have heard it stated that Donuts has the most potential out of every BTG slot to break records for the biggest win and again, you have more chance of finding bigfoot on the back of a unicorn running over a rainbow to get the leprechauns pot of gold than you do of getting 100000 x on Donuts or any other BTG slot.

These gigantic wins simply do not exist.

Now lets be fair here, my biggest x wins have been on BTG slots and for my top five wins all time, 4 of them are BTG slots. Danger,white Rabbit,chilli and Bonanza and the fifth was on a blueprint megaways using the BTG mechanic. The megaways games work and they do pay, there is no question about that but these 10000x plus wins are harder to find than finding a fish with fur on it. I think a lot of players think like I do, the proof is in the pudding, so when there are no examples of these gigantic hits after all this time then naturally people are going to be dubious. It has gotten to the stage where potential just doesnt cut it any more, after all Paul Pogba has the potential to be the best player in the premiere league but look at the state of Man United this season.

Results are what counts!

In My opinion, "Potential" is a term that needs to be taken away from ALL slots, it is deceptive, because every single lottery ticket has the potential to be a winner but the reality is only 1 in many,many millions will actually win. I think a lot of players feel they have been conned by that term potential and those that chose to use it. So for me, I have no hate for BTG, I like their products and will continue to use them but I am calling them out about their claims of massive wins because for me, its about time BTG put OUR MONEY where THEIR mouth is.

Last edited:
People seem to forget that only a few years ago (certainly when I started slotting) the only games that'd be capable of giving insane hits were pretty much the original DOA and the jackpot games.

Remember when MG 243 games were lauded as super HV beasts??

BTG pretty much pioneered what we see today and set the trend towards hyper wins and ultra HV slots.

Look - DOA2 is basically Bled While Alive ... All or nothing, BUT you do see them hits rolling in. I get that, I understand its a total bastard.

Multiple 1000x hits - Good luck bud - That ain't happening, NOT with BTG <<< They could be forgiven or even less frowned upon if a FEW hits breached the 1000x mark. But with their gimmicks and gamble mechanics, you would be luckier hitting 50 000x bet on DOA than 1000x on Bonanza if you ran the same amount of spins through them.

Nate

I've got multiple screenshots of 1000x+ hits on BTG.

When I sit down for a slot session, the one thing I don't want is for it to be over in 10 minutes. 99% of the time that's what you'll get playing DOA2.

No thanks.

For me personally DHV is the only decent BTG slot...
Bonanza I can stick for 50 spins and then the ridiculous repetitive music starts to annoy the sh*t out of me...
Never was and never will be a fan of any megaways slot, as far as I remember I never hit a 1000x or higher on any of them whilst I have had many on for example Greentube / Novo, MGS and WMS.
It's atrocious also how long it can take to trigger a bonus round and then be shipped off with a 10x win.

At least DOA or DOA2 have a decent hit rate on the free spins so if most of them are low pay I can deal with it.
On Bonanza once it took me around 3k spins to trigger my very first FS round and it paid Jack Sh*t, a joke of a slot.

Again, my personal opinion and I do play BTG slots, but just 50-100 spins on low bets up to like €0.60 or so.
If it is not hitting, I just leave them be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back