Who Do You Contact When Member Uses Abusive Language

I would like someone to stop members abusive language, who do I contact besides CM?

If the offending language (in your opinion) is in a post, then use the "Report a Post" function. Click on the little red and white triangle symbol on the top right of the post in question. A copy of that gets sent to all admins/mods via PM, with a link to the post.

If it's something that's been sent to you privately ie. via a PM....forward a copy of it to Bryan, Max, Simmo or Webzcas via the PM function, and ask them to deal with it appropriately.

Just curious, is it something that was directed at you personally? Or at someone else? Or just something you find generally offensive? Doesnt' really matter..if you find it offensive, by all means report it in some fashion, and let the powers that be decide.

Just curious, is it something that was directed at you personally? Or at someone else? Or just something you find generally offensive? Doesnt' really matter..if you find it offensive, by all means report it in some fashion, and let the powers that be decide.

It was something directed at me and also others in various posts. It was the use of foul language. Calling people "studpid" implying they were uneducated, and the like.

This member makes me so mad. They can disagree without being abusive.

It was something directed at me and also others in various posts. It was the use of foul language. Calling people "studpid" implying they were uneducated, and the like.

Gotcha!! Well, you should use the Report a Post function for the post(s) in question. When a mod signs on, they will get the notification, and make an assessment as to whether it's inflammatory or not.

Thanks a Bunch

now if I could figure out how to make a new thread in "bold" print.

I am a computer dummy, after all this time can't figure it out.

now if I could figure out how to make a new thread in "bold" print.

I am a computer dummy, after all this time can't figure it out.

It is upsetting when your called things like that on a forum, where most are mature adults and act their age and then you have some who suffer from Napoleon complex, they get on that keyboard and type hurtful things that they wouldnt have the guts to say to your face in person.

Laurie

FYI, here is the 'Report Post' thing Pina mentioned earlier.

Attach Removed (Old not found)

I figured it out and reported one of the posts

there were many posts, but I only reported one.

I will see what happens with the one I reported

It was something directed at me and also others in various posts. It was the use of foul language. Calling people "stupid" implying they were uneducated, and the like.

is this post still available if so may i please have a link to it Ty RC

All moderators receive a copy of the "report a post" alerts. That's the best way to handle this. You can give the member a heads up as well by using the reputation function - give them negative reps and comment that you feel that their language is inappropriate (note: I would avoid fighting fire with fire by flaming the member in the reputation comment section. That's frowned upon.)

We are aware of the footdr's issue, and are monitoring the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back