UK Conservative Party Leadership Election

Has anyone seen this?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Saw it on good old Russell Brands youtube channel where he talks about the energy companies making record profits again while our prices are being hiked. And how energy lobbyists don't need to put their visits into the parliamentary transparency log.

He also talks about how Risshit has significant investments in energy and how Lies Suss took a nice payment from them.

I like the idea of 1 million people giving the government the finger. Only by coming together will we stop the bullying. Doesnt matter who is the next PM because the system is completely broken.

Has anyone seen this?

Saw it on good old Russell Brands youtube channel where he talks about the energy companies making record profits again while our prices are being hiked. And how energy lobbyists don't need to put their visits into the parliamentary transparency log.

He also talks about how Risshit has significant investments in energy and how Lies Suss took a nice payment from them.

I like the idea of 1 million people giving the government the finger. Only by coming together will we stop the bullying. Doesnt matter who is the next PM because the system is completely broken.

I've said this before bamber but I honestly can't recommend Private Eye enough, they cover this stuff constantly. I'm not saying Labour are as pure as the driven snow (they routinely ripped Blair and Mandelson a new arsehole back in the New Labour days), but the Tories are breathtakingly corrupt. The money that was made by Tories and their mates throughout Covid was shocking (covered in their 'Profits Of Doom' series), and they have their fingers in all the pies, and indeed are largely bankrolled by rich business interests, which is why I think the chances of Truss doing anything meaningful to the power companies is approximately zero.

Also, as Private Eye is a written publication, they are vulnerable to being sued for libel (which does happens sometimes), so they have to be very careful that what they're printing is true, unlike the 'do your own research' crowd reading any old shite on the internet and passing it off as gospel.

The cover price is £2.99 but if you subscribe you can get it for as little as £1.46 per issue. There's basically nothing on their website because as they point out, they're entirely reliant on people actually buying the physical copies to survive.

Money very well spent IMO.

The cover price is £2.99 but if you subscribe you can get it for as little as £1.46 per issue. There's basically nothing on their website because as they point out, they're entirely reliant on people actually buying the physical copies to survive.

I would like a subscription to Private Eye, have read a few copies in the past, but trying to save the pennies for other stuff at the minute.
Russel Brand? Now I wonder if he can afford his energy direct debits this winter?

He says in the video that he can afford it, but he knows what it's like to be poor. I wonder how many leaders we vote for know that feeling.

One of the things that struck me about the potential of the internet was how it can bring people together and how it could be a tool for changing the world. Its not a conspiracy theory to suggest that freedom of speech is being stifled for a reason. Its about control.

I don't particularly like the way our governments are entwined with big business and medicine. A better system would be to pay the Prime Minister and his cabinet the best paycheck in the land but ban them from having investments and interests in the companies they push right before our eyes.

No way should businesses be lobbying governments either. It used to be called 'throwing a bung' or 'bribery'.

I've signed for the 1 million not to pay. Not a hard choice for me. About time we stood together. The energy hikes are blatant theft from our pockets on the road to record profits for the shareholders. The Ukraine war is just an excuse.

I see they are suggesting a multi-billion dollar aid package for Ukraine again from the US. I wonder who will profit from that. I am afraid I can see that being a very long war. Governments are adding fuel to the fire with no intention of a resolution from what I can see. I feel for Ukraine and Russian people giving up their lives while politicians profit.

I see they are suggesting a multi-billion dollar aid package for Ukraine again from the US. I wonder who will profit from that. I am afraid I can see that being a very long war. Governments are adding fuel to the fire with no intention of a resolution from what I can see. I feel for Ukraine and Russian people giving up their lives while politicians profit.

But what can Governments do. Any serious intervention by Western Governments in this conflict will only result in the escalation of the conflict and possible war in Europe.

But what can Governments do. Any serious intervention by Western Governments in this conflict will only result in the escalation of the conflict and possible war in Europe.
I see it as the same as any conflict - either decisively and objectively intervene or stay out of it.

But do not, under any circumstances, fan the flames so you can profit from it.

Man who uses no gas sent a standing charge bill of £136.

OK then you think, just get disconnected, right?

1662206748443.png

Man who asked to be disconnected from the gas supply sent a bill of over £2200.

I'm sorry to have to remind you about this, but Liz Truss will be Prime Minister and it'll be her job to fix this. This is a woman who got lost trying to leave a room with one door.

Good luck.

1662206806608.png

Ahhhh well, it would have all been much worse under Jeremy.

I haven't watched the video, but I can tell you now that 3.9 seconds of his fantastical utterances would turn most people to fascism let alone a whole 39 seconds. That wouldn't be the same austerity that was triggered under Brown's tenure?

I haven't watched the video, but I can tell you now that 3.9 seconds of his fantastical utterances would turn most people to fascism let alone a whole 39 seconds. That wouldn't be the same austerity that was triggered under Brown's tenure?

Yeah thank God we got Boris Johnson instead, because otherwise things might have turned out really shit. LOL.

And then from Monday we'll have Prime Minister Truss, to really hammer home the point that however bad you think things have got, it's always possible to sink lower.

Her first encounter with Starmer at PMQs should be interesting.

Sorry but a chocolate fireguard would have been a better choice than Corbyn. He is the reason the Labour Party are still not an effective opposition. If Corbyn was PM, unlike Boris Johnson, the UK would not and continue to support Ukraine. Under Corbyn our second strike capability in the form of Trident would be rendered redundant - when asked whether he would push the button if we were subjected to a nuclear attack, he intimated that no he would not.

Sorry but a chocolate fireguard would have been a better choice than Corbyn. He is the reason the Labour Party are still not an effective opposition. If Corbyn was PM, unlike Boris Johnson, the UK would not and continue to support Ukraine. Under Corbyn our second strike capability in the form of Trident would be rendered redundant - when asked whether he would push the button if we were subjected to a nuclear attack, he intimated that no he would not.
Then toadying up to enemies of the state, Hugo Chavez was a paragon of virtue to Corbum, the man who single-handedly wrecked an oil-rich country reducing the population to penury, starvation and subsistence within a decade so people fled to neighbouring Colombia to get simple necessities like paracetamol for their kids. I saw a few news articles prior to the 2019 election where working-class Labour supporters mentioned this kind of fact and simply didn't trust him, thought he was a traitor. I mean marxism, a philosphy of lunacy and destruction as proven by 100-odd years of its existence and 100 million deaths in the duration. And these 1970's style CND-badge wearing lefty school teacher type loonies still exist in their own little dystopian and anachronistic underword. The burke never did a day's real work in his whole life, student from a middle-class family and a whole lifetime of paid and pensioned political positions from council to the leader of Labour. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure 'wouldn't have participated in the extinction of the human race' is quite the burn some people think it is.

Nuclear weapons do fuck all, they don't even act as a deterrent, witness Putin in Ukraine. He might even end up using a tactical nuclear weapon on the country if things continue to go badly for him, and what will the West do in that scenario? Just sit and watch, because the only other endgame is full scale nuclear war which is the end of life as we know it.

Anyway, Corbyn didn't get to be PM, we haven't had a Labour government for twelve years now, so pointing over at Dear Old Jeremy and saying 'But he would have been RUBBISH!' counts for bugger all, the absolute shitshow of a state that the UK is in at the moment is on the Tories.

The burke never did a day's real work in his whole life, student from a middle-class family and a whole lifetime of paid and pensioned political positions from council to the leader of Labour. :rolleyes:

As opposed to Johnson who really put in some graft to get to where he is!

1662281048737.png

Ah! So BoJo never worked as a journalist, columnist etc?

'Worked' might be stretching it a bit, since he was notoriously lazy, and of course got sacked from The Times for lying as well. Also his columns at The Telegraph were largely based on him literally just making nonsense up about the EU.

Uncle Jeremy has dedicated his life to public service, and I am proud to have him as my avatar. HAIL JEREMY.

1662282716644.png

So I've watched Truss's interview with Laura Kuenssberg. The UK is in big trouble. (If you go onto iPlayer you can watch in on BBC1 by rewinding a bit.)

I mean, she's not completely incoherent or anything like that, but she clearly has no plan. Just endless bland platitudes and no commitments on anything, and she readily admits that her tax cutting plans will benefit the rich most.

1662284348733.png

I'm not sure 'wouldn't have participated in the extinction of the human race' is quite the burn some people think it is.

Nuclear weapons do fuck all, they don't even act as a deterrent, witness Putin in Ukraine. He might even end up using a tactical nuclear weapon on the country if things continue to go badly for him, and what will the West do in that scenario? Just sit and watch, because the only other endgame is full scale nuclear war which is the end of life as we know it.
No they do. If Ukraine had kept theirs, there wouldn't have been a Russian invasion. It is called a deterrent and for very good reason. This is why Putin has only issued cry wolf threats when it comes to nuclear weapons and his use of them. He knows by doing so, that Moscow will be turned to glass. It is called MAD for a reason.

So I've watched Truss's interview with Laura Kuenssberg. The UK is in big trouble. (If you go onto iPlayer you can watch in on BBC1 by rewinding a bit.)

I mean, she's not completely incoherent or anything like that, but she clearly has no plan. Just endless bland platitudes and no commitments on anything, and she readily admits that her tax cutting plans will benefit the rich most.

View attachment 172058
I watched it, she does come across quite scripted and dare I say it, robotic!

'Worked' might be stretching it a bit, since he was notoriously lazy, and of course got sacked from The Times for lying as well. Also his columns at The Telegraph were largely based on him literally just making nonsense up about the EU.

Uncle Jeremy has dedicated his life to public service, and I am proud to have him as my avatar. HAIL JEREMY.

View attachment 172054
I suppose he is a tad better than his brother Piers :rolleyes:

View attachment 172054
LOL...Every school in the 70's and 80's had a teacher that looked like that, shabby, dishevelled with the obligatory SWP or CND badge who would readily jump on every right-on cause or bandwagon to the ridicule of the pupils. Cross between a hippy and a Lenin, usually had halitosis along with other personal hygiene issues and bad teeth with dried food in their beard.

I watched it, she does come across quite scripted and dare I say it, robotic!

Joe Lycett's amazing deadpan pisstaking afterwards was excellent though.

You can almost see the exact moment in Laura's eyes when she resolves to hunt down and murder whoever booked him for the show.

Also, as Private Eye is a written publication, they are vulnerable to being sued for libel (which does happens sometimes), so they have to be very careful that what they're printing is true, unlike the 'do your own research' crowd reading any old shite on the internet and passing it off as gospel.

There really isn't any need to be putting yourself down like that mate.

And apart from anything else, don't you think that it's rather unsporting of you to deny us lot the chance to deliver the putdowns instead?

In all honesty, shame on you.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back