Trumbull Toddler Dies After Being Pulled From River

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
I have friends that knows this family well.

Sad Sad story today
My Heart goes out to the Family & Friends
My Deepest Sympathy to the Chisholm Family.
~T~

Trumbull Toddler Dies After Being Pulled From River

TRUMBULL — — A toddler who was pulled out of the Pequonnock River died at Bridgeport Hospital on Wednesday evening.

Thomas Chisholm, who was 21 months old, was reported missing about 10:40 a.m. Police officers and firefighters from Trumbull and surrounding towns searched for the child until he was found more than a mile away almost two hours later, police said.

The boy died just before 6 p.m., hospital spokesman John Cappiello said.

"Our medical team worked on him for several hours this afternoon," Cappiello said. "We—especially those who cared for the boy—are heartbroken over this."

A family member called 9-1-1 at 10:42 a.m., said Trumbull Deputy Chief Michael Harry. The child's mother, Ruth Chisholm, was outside with the boy, who was out of view for no more than a couple of minutes, Harry said. When the mother turned to check on the boy, he was gone, he said.

"There's no indication that it was anything but an accident," Harry said.

The boy fell into the river at Lindberg Drive, where the family lives, Harry said. The river was high from recent rains, he said.

The boy was swept downstream and was found more than a mile away at the riverbank where the river meets Bunnell's Pond near the Beardsley Zoo, Harry said. A Bridgeport officer, who was with members of the city's Water Pollution Control Authority, found the boy about 12:30 p.m.

Trumbull's police and fire dive team searched the water and officers with dogs searched the ground, Harry said. The state police assisted, as did officers from Bridgeport, Monroe, Stratford, Darien and Shelton, he said.

Earlier this afternoon, neighbors gathered outside their houses to talk and cry. "I just feel so bad for the family," said Kathy Riccio.

"She's so proud of him I don't know what she's going to do," said neighbor Mary Hundlay. "So proud of her baby."

—George Colli, a FoxCT reporter, contributed reporting to this story
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

By CHRISTINE DEMPSEY

how very very sad.

its so sad when anyone dies but more so a very young one with so much living ahead of them.

my prayers and thoughts go with this family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back