time is almost up we need to fight before this happens here

kauphy

Meister Member
Mom appeals to government: Don't pull plug on my baby
'Every day he does something new, so that helps us to fight,' she says

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: January 23, 2010
8:25 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Isaiah May

Isaiah James May was born a little after 5 p.m. on Oct. 24, 2009, and was scheduled to die this past week – on Wednesday, Jan. 20 – just short of his three-month birthday.

That was the day chosen by Canada's publicly funded, government health service as the deadline for Isaiah to recover from his traumatic birth or be taken off life-support.

"There is no hope of recovery for Isaiah," reads a letter from Alberta Health Services delivered to Isaiah's parents and dated one week before the health care system intended to pull the plug on the baby it has determined irreparably brain damaged.

"Your treating physicians regretfully have come to the conclusion that withdrawal of active treatment is medically reasonable, ethically responsible and appropriate," the letter states. "We must put the interests of your son foremost, and it is in his best interests to discontinue mechanical ventilation support."

Send Congress a message – no government health care, or you're outta there – through WND's exclusive "Send Congress a Pink Slip" campaign!

Parents Isaac and Rebecka May, however, immediately appealed to the courts for more time, encouraged by signs that their boy was growing and moving, pointing to instance after instance where Isaiah had already proven the doctors wrong.

"He is doing everything they said that he would not do. Every day he does something new. So that helps us to fight," the baby's 23-year-old mother told CBC News. "His eyes dilate. He opens his eyes. He moves his limbs. He's growing. He's gaining weight. He's living. They told us he would never do any of that."

Then, the day before the hospital planned to allow Isaiah to die, a judge granted Isaiah a few more days of life.

Court of Queen's Bench Justice Michelle Crighton gave Isaiah's parents one week, until Jan. 27, to find an independent expert – to determine if or when the baby should be taken off life-support.

(Story continues below)

Isaiah was born after a difficult 40 hours of labor, but the umbilical cord had wrapped itself around the baby's neck and deprived the newborn of oxygen. Isaiah was immediately taken by air ambulance to Stollery Children's Hospital in Edmonton, where he has survived with the help of a ventilator and feedings through an IV tube.

But through his three months of care, his doctors believe Isaiah has suffered irreversible brain damage and have offered his young parents no hope for the boy's recovery.

After Isaac and Rebecka May received the letter informing them life-support would be terminated on their son, they turned to the courts, seeking a 90-day window for continued observation of the progress they believe their son is making in spite of the doctor's predictions.

According to court documents reported by the Calgary Herald, the baby's mother claims doctors said Isaiah wouldn't live past three days, wouldn't grow, wouldn't be able to urinate or move. May says the doctors told her brain death would cause Isaiah's head to shrink and his brain to turn to "mush."

Instead, she says, not only has Isaiah's head grown, but he has also gained more than three pounds, wets his diaper, moves his hands, feet and arms and opens his eyes every day, according to court documents.

"It's pretty cool seeing little changes every day," his 22-year-old father told the Herald. "Of course, it's not easy, being there watching him on the bed like that, but we're just doing everything we can right now to know we've done everything we can do."

The couple's attorney told Edmonton's CTV News, "The family has asked for 90 days in order to see how the child will develop, if the child will grow, if there's any improvement in the child's condition."

Brent Windwick, the lawyer representing Alberta Health Services and the Stollery Children's Hospital, has asked the court to allow no more than 30 days before making its decision.

Alberta Health Services, in turn, released a statement: "The medical and ethical discussions for this family and care providers are the most difficult imaginable. Our heartfelt sympathies go out to the family. Our medical, nursing and allied health teams have and will continue to support this family in every way possible. It is appropriate to turn now to the courts for direction."

The court, however, granted the family only seven days to find an independent expert to evaluate their son and determine a future course of action.

Reported friends of the family have established a Facebook page for prayers and support for the May family. The page includes photos and videos of Isaiah, telephone numbers

The health care bill will do nothing to create a situation even remotely similar to Canada's one pay, government run/tax based health care system. While the story is heart wrenching, to make up one's mind on the US health care bill based on Isaiah's story would be misguided, at best, when it has no bearing on the U.S. health care bill and especially when you consider that 45,000 Americans die each year from lack of health insurance.

Under the new bill, which will pass, perhaps, as soon as today, insurance companies will no longer be able to refuse to insure people with pre-existing conditions and they will no longer be cutting policy holders off when they get sick. The rich and health care industry will foot most of the bill. 32 million currently uninsured will soon have health insurance because the bill mandates that they go out and buy it! They will opt in to employer programs or buy from new entities to soon be created called exchanges which pool individuals separate policies into groups that will save individuals money compared to what one could buy, individually. A large percentage of the 32 million are young and healthy and the added revenue from policy holders that aren't likely to make claims any time soon will help the insurance companies offset their increased costs. Is it perfect? Hardly. It's just long over due. And for those who desperately need health insurance and can't get it it's a life saver.

i can't help but wonder that, if the parents argument is true, they would not only be able to convince the doctors to continue to prolong the life support - but that they would easy find another indepedent doctor to verify their story

and i know that i would never want to live life on a life support machine. actually the thought terrifies me

so not sure what the Canada's government is supposed to do here. other than what they're doing - which I think can always be pitched as heartbreaker if written from one angle

"If Obamacare passes, that free insurance card that’s in people’s pockets is gonna be as worthless as a Confederate dollar after the War Between the States—the Great War of Yankee Aggression." - Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) on Friday while denouncing health-care reform on the House floor.

"What a d-head." - bernynhel

"If Obamacare passes, that free insurance card that’s in people’s pockets is gonna be as worthless as a Confederate dollar after the War Between the States—the Great War of Yankee Aggression." - Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) on Friday while denouncing health-care reform on the House floor.

"What a d-head." - bernynhel

It is scary to think that someone WANTED this person to represent them isn't it?
"The Great War of Yankee Aggression"???:eek:.... Makes you wonder what they see when they look around their own country, seems like he imagines we are still using horse drawn carriages to get around.

It seems that the article from World Nut Daily (aka Birther Loon Central) "exposes" a loophole in the Canadian system...If one disagrees with a hospital edict than one can turn to the court for more time to present the alternative argument (Hmmm...just like the Schiavo case.). The parents couldn't find even one doctor to say that the baby wasn't brain dead. Not one. The parents eventually agreed with the original diagnosis...
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

"All along it was our hope that Isaiah's condition would brighten and improve. It has not. The decision that has now been made may be incomprehensible. But it has been made knowing that we did everything possible to find meaningful answers to our questions and that all reasonable alternatives were fully explored and carefully considered.

Seems the Canadian system worked just fine in this case.

RedAndi said:
It is scary to think that someone WANTED this person to represent them isn't it?

More than scary. His constituents elected him to do whatever it takes to defeat everything the current administration is trying to do. Rep. Broun and other Republicans have been doing such a good job of disseminating mis-information that their constituents who would stand to benefit the most from health care reform and a single payer or public option system now only fear the fallacies of "the government takeover of 1/6 of our economy", "socialized medicine", "death panels", ad nauseum. And the GOP is more than happy to oblige, despite their disservice to the people, as they consider anything they can do to stop everything Obama attempts to achieve over the next 3 years as job security.

There are those so racist and so hate the Obama presidency that they can easily live in denial of the potential benefits from programs proposed by the Obama administration even if its their own families who are the ones who stand to gain the most from those benefits.

...The parents eventually agreed with the original diagnosis...
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Seems the Canadian system worked just fine in this case.

Understandably, the parent's early resistance against the diagnosis was entirely emotional, as it should have been.

I had a couple of reps come into my office about a month ago. I know them very well so they spoke frankly of the healthcare bill.

The gist of the conversation was if everybody got healthcare then our system would be like Canadas and we would have to wait months to see doctors and have life saving procedures.

When that didn't work they tried the kill grandma approach. If they are of a certain age then they are denied healthcare. It is true that some people believe these lies and some know they are lies but spread them anyways.

It is high time we called out these insurance execs and made them more responsible. Their profit this year was 12 billion and they want to hike up rates another 39%.

My office manager needs a procedure done but can't have it done bc her deductible is $6,000 due to the family plan. The doctor will not perform the procedure until she pays in full. How in the hell is this democratic.

This is not like Canada's health care and the Reps who spoke with you seemed as if they were in a panick without the facts. In Canada you do not have the choice to buy your own healthcare. here, we will have options. I am sick of paying 1,800 a month for healthcare for a small family. We do not have any pre existing health issues and we hardly see the Doctor. But for decent health care this is what we pay. Look, I don't want anything for free, but this plan will give us choices and group rates and insurance companies will have to compete with each other and offer lower rates. If the health system in this country stays the way it is, you can kiss your health care that comes with your Job good buy. It will be so expensive, it wont come with your Job anymore.

More than scary. His constituents elected him to do whatever it takes to defeat everything the current administration is trying to do. Rep. Broun and other Republicans have been doing such a good job of disseminating mis-information that their constituents who would stand to benefit the most from health care reform and a single payer or public option system now only fear the fallacies of "the government takeover of 1/6 of our economy", "socialized medicine", "death panels", ad nauseum. And the GOP is more than happy to oblige, despite their disservice to the people, as they consider anything they can do to stop everything Obama attempts to achieve over the next 3 years as job security.

There are those so racist and so hate the Obama presidency that they can easily live in denial of the potential benefits from programs proposed by the Obama administration even if its their own families who are the ones who stand to gain the most from those benefits.

Understandably, the parent's early resistance against the diagnosis was entirely emotional, as it should have been.

Bern,

I believe you are totally missing the conservative argument against Obamacare. ALL conservatives that I am aware have expressed the need for major reforms in the health care system. But government is taking a backwards approach to the problem. We FIRST need to adopt tort reform and curtail medicaid and medicare fraud. Obamacare will just magnify these existing problems and greatly increase the national debt.

The democrats are writing checks our children and grandchildren may not be able to cover.

i guess you all like having to wait to see ur doc for months on end and being told take the painkiller not the treatment and thoese words came out of obamas mouth. so now the goverment has the right to tell us if we don,t have insurance they will fine us and when taxs go up and you feel like ur being taxed to death u will have him to thanks. hopeful this will be defeated in court if not we will see the goverment go after more of r rights until one day you wake up and have no rights lift. and don,t even thorw that ur a republican caz i,m not and no i,m not a democratic eather and yes i do vote. even the states r pissed off at whats being done 36 states r saying no we,er not going to do it. so if you live in one of thoese 36 states you might want to move. and from what i,ve read and seen the next thing is r guns and then the internet. so watch and wait and i guess in the end we,ll see whats lift after they r done with the u.s if there is even a u.s left. and yes i do agree that health reform was needed but not the way they did it to many backroom deals and too many kickbacks and too much stuff kept in the dark and if its done in the dark and they don,t want you to know what they r doing then u know they r doing something wrong we have the right to know about all of this and yet obama is saying we don,t.:mad: i guess it won,t touch any of you until it hits home and one of ur love ones r told sorrie ur 2 old or ur told that ur child can,t have treatment then what by then it will be 2 late.p.s i do hope with all my heart that all of you r right and later on u all can say i told you so. but deep down inside i don,t think that will happen. if it hisses like a snake and it talks with a fork tongue then you know sooner or later its going to end up biting you.

Last edited:
Bern,

I believe you are totally missing the conservative argument against Obamacare. ALL conservatives that I am aware have expressed the need for major reforms in the health care system. But government is taking a backwards approach to the problem. We FIRST need to adopt tort reform and curtail Medicaid and Medicare fraud. Obamacare will just magnify these existing problems and greatly increase the national debt.

The democrats are writing checks our children and grandchildren may not be able to cover.

I understand your concerns but I fail to see the basis for them. Of course tort reform would be a welcome addendum to health care reform as would be people taking responsibility for their lifestyles resulting in preventive care. But the reforms in the health care bill which will enable thousands of Americans to get health insurance who were previously excluded and that prevent insurance companies from cutting off policy holders in the middle of hospital stays and dictating what patient's doctors can or can't do was also needed. Just because this bill was passed is no reason to stop efforts to address tort reform and curtail Medicare and Medicaid fraud. The health reform bill is no green light for these abuses to go on, unchecked.

The bulk of the bill is being funded by tax increases at the top of the tax bracket and the health care industry. That this will somehow mount unmanageable deficits on future generations is just pessimistic and unrealistic. The same thing was said about the deficit after Regan's presidency and star wars, but not by Republicans, yet the US had a huge surplus by the end of Clinton's. And I don't recall any Republicans expressing any concern over the deficit as spending mounted as the result of funding two wars. But all of a sudden, and only since Obama's election do we hear conservatives railing against increasing the deficit.

Similar concerns were expressed by Medicare opponents yet both sides of the isle worked together as well as against one another to insure that the worst fears were never realized. No one wants the sky to fall. Like the prescription drug benefit for seniors within Medicare enacted by the Bush administratioin, this bill will primarily act as the framework within which debate will take place between Democrats and Republicans who will each try to deliver what voters want in the way of health care, going forward

Besides, its a done deal. You need to quit beating this dead horse and start ramping up your arguments against immigration reform, pal! lol

kauphy said:
....p.s i do hope with all my heart that all of you r right and later on u all can say i told you so. but deep down inside i don,t think that will happen...

kauphy I consider you a friend and I know you have a young family and if I thought any of your fears about health care reform were realistic I would tell you so. But I think the opposite is true and that this is a good thing that will help you and me a lot of people who really need it.

i guess you all like having to wait to see ur doc for months on end and being told take the painkiller not the treatment and thoese words came out of obamas mouth. so now the goverment has the right to tell us if we don,t have insurance they will fine us and when taxs go up and you feel like ur being taxed to death u will have him to thanks. hopeful this will be defeated in court if not we will see the goverment go after more of r rights until one day you wake up and have no rights lift. and don,t even thorw that ur a republican caz i,m not and no i,m not a democratic eather and yes i do vote. even the states r pissed off at whats being done 36 states r saying no we,er not going to do it. so if you live in one of thoese 36 states you might want to move. and from what i,ve read and seen the next thing is r guns and then the internet. so watch and wait and i guess in the end we,ll see whats lift after they r done with the u.s if there is even a u.s left. and yes i do agree that health reform was needed but not the way they did it to many backroom deals and too many kickbacks and too much stuff kept in the dark and if its done in the dark and they don,t want you to know what they r doing then u know they r doing something wrong we have the right to know about all of this and yet obama is saying we don,t.:mad: i guess it won,t touch any of you until it hits home and one of ur love ones r told sorrie ur 2 old or ur told that ur child can,t have treatment then what by then it will be 2 late.p.s i do hope with all my heart that all of you r right and later on u all can say i told you so. but deep down inside i don,t think that will happen. if it hisses like a snake and it talks with a fork tongue then you know sooner or later its going to end up biting you.

I guess it is easier to panick without knowing the facts. The health-care plan does not say, Obama care is the only health care you can have and you can't buy in to any health care plan.Thats what Canadian health care is about. Also you would not be taxed anymore then you already are unless you bring home 250,000 a year.... I am a Republican I panicked as well until I knew the facts. The facts are, that if the health-care system remained the same, as expensive as it is much longer, then Government would have to step in and make it like Canadian health care because no one will be able to afford it and companies will not make it available to their employees.

we are a small family and pay 1,800 a month for our health care, we had and have no pre existing health issues we still do not have any health issues and we hardly even go to the Doctor. The plan we have started at 450.00 monthly 8 years ago. Now it is 1,800 monthly. How do you like paying monthly for a health care plan that is 200 bucks less then your monthly mortgage payment... Even being taxed for this plan will not be 1,800 a month and the insurance companies will now have to compete for our business and cut rates.

This is certainly not like Canadian health care and speaking of Canadian health care, I have not even heard there is a shortage of Doctors in that country. I doubt any of our Doctors in the U.S. will leave.

I also like the fact that everyone has to be covered. People who can't afford health care, people who feel they are young and do not need it even though they can afford it and illegal aliens , are one of the main reasons health-care has been so expensive. Hospital rates have sky rocketed because these uninsured end up in the hospital and we end up paying for it with high insurance rates. Republicans have done NOTHING about the health care situation.Now they want to sit and complain about it.

I wouldn't worry so much about this. Parties like to instill the worst of fear in to a situation when it's not their party that made a major change for the country.

10 Immediate Benefits of the Reform Bill

Here are ten benefits which come online within six months of the President's signature on the health care bill:

1. Adult children may remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until their 27th birthday
2. Children under age 19 may not be excluded for pre-existing conditions
3. No more lifetime or annual caps on coverage
4. Free preventative care for all
5. Adults with pre-existing conditions may buy into a national high-risk pool until the exchanges come online. While these will not be cheap, they’re still better than total exclusion and get some benefit from a wider pool of insureds.
6. Small businesses will be entitled to a tax credit for 2009 and 2010, which could be as much as 50% of what they pay for employees’ health insurance.
7. The “donut hole” closes for Medicare patients, making prescription medications more affordable for seniors.
8. Requirement that all insurers must post their balance sheets on the Internet and fully disclose administrative costs, executive compensation packages, and benefit payments.
9. Authorizes early funding of community health centers in all 50 states (Bernie Sanders’ amendment). Community health centers provide primary, dental and vision services to people in the community, based on a sliding scale for payment according to ability to pay.
10. AND no more rescissions. Effective immediately, you can't lose your insurance because you get sick.

The health care bill will do nothing to create a situation even remotely similar to Canada's one pay, government run/tax based health care system. While the story is heart wrenching, to make up one's mind on the US health care bill based on Isaiah's story would be misguided, at best, when it has no bearing on the U.S. health care bill and especially when you consider that 45,000 Americans die each year from lack of health insurance.

Under the new bill, which will pass, perhaps, as soon as today, insurance companies will no longer be able to refuse to insure people with pre-existing conditions and they will no longer be cutting policy holders off when they get sick. The rich and health care industry will foot most of the bill. 32 million currently uninsured will soon have health insurance because the bill mandates that they go out and buy it! They will opt in to employer programs or buy from new entities to soon be created called exchanges which pool individuals separate policies into groups that will save individuals money compared to what one could buy, individually. A large percentage of the 32 million are young and healthy and the added revenue from policy holders that aren't likely to make claims any time soon will help the insurance companies offset their increased costs. Is it perfect? Hardly. It's just long over due. And for those who desperately need health insurance and can't get it it's a life saver.

This thing has had me so upset, I've needed a doctor a few times myself:confused:. I hope you are right in what you say here and for now at least I feel less devastated. ;)

This thing has had me so upset, I've needed a doctor a few times myself:confused:. I hope you are right in what you say here and for now at least I feel less devastated. ;)

Trust me, this will work out. It really would be 100 times worse is nothing was done. It would end up exactly like Canada Health care if this change was not made. With this plan we have more options to buy our insurance through the insurance exchange. There will be more group plans from this and our rates will go down.The fear factor is what is devastating everyone. Don't worry we we still be a capitalistic system with now more options and tighter rules on the insurance companies.

and none of these benafits go into froce until 2014. but the taxs and everything else will kick in right away. alot more people will lose their jobs because of this thier boss will not be able to pay for insurance for all of his workers and that will result in people losing their jobs. everybody see this diffdent some good some bad and i for one look at it as a bad thing. my mom and dads cost for what they pay will go up again and they both r in their 60s and 80s. my moms looking at paying over 200$ more a month because of this and they r on a fixed income. so we will agree to disagree about weather this is good or not. i,m sure there r people out there that this will help but i also know for the older people its going to hurt more then help.did anyone watch the vote yesterday i watched the whole thing even the people calling in and one said yaaaaaa now all i have to do is sit around and i get health care free. has anybody leanred nothing is free someone somewhere will pay for this.and it won,t be r goverment. good now all the people who use drugs can get taken care of for free and someone eles will foot the bill. i do see all of what you guys i r saying and i know its been hard for along time for people to get medical at a good cost. and no i don,t think that they the insurance companys have the right to tell someone that has been paying for along time now that you r sick we will no longer give you insurance and no i don,t belive that if you have something that you should be turned down if you try to get insurance. but all i,m saying is they did this wrong they should have strted over and NO BACKROOM DEALS NO KICKBACKS AND NO BUYING VOTES like they did. this is just a little of what they have planed for the u.s more is yet to come. do you also know that when they passed this they also got contol of student loans yes that was in the deal 2. so now they own the banks the car dealers and studnt loans what eles r they going take before they decied they have take enough from everyone? for thoese of you that this is going to help i,m glad but for thoese of you this is going to hurt know that me and more then half of american is still out there fighting for you. the student loan bill was a tack on bill just like they did when the passed the gambling bill on us. they knew this was going to pass so they tacked on a few other ones that they wanted passed 2.

Last edited:
and none of these benafits go into froce until 2014. but the taxs and everything else will kick in right away. alot more people will lose their jobs because of this thier boss will not be able to pay for insurance for all of his workers and that will result in people losing their jobs. everybody see this diffdent some good some bad and i for one look at it as a bad thing. my mom and dads cost for what they pay will go up again and they both r in their 60s and 80s. my moms looking at paying over 200$ more a month because of this and they r on a fixed income. so we will agree to disagree about weather this is good or not. i,m sure there r people out there that this will help but i also know for the older people its going to hurt more then help.did anyone watch the vote yesterday i watched the whole thing even the people calling in and one said yaaaaaa now all i have to do is sit around and i get health care free. has anybody leanred nothing is free someone somewhere will pay for this.and it won,t be r goverment. good now all the people who use drugs can get taken care of for free and someone eles will foot the bill. i do see all of what you guys i r saying and i know its been hard for along time for people to get medical at a good cost. and no i don,t think that they the insurance companys have the right to tell someone that has been paying for along time now that you r sick we will no longer give you insurance and no i don,t belive that if you have something that you should be turned down if you try to get insurance. but all i,m saying is they did this wrong they should have strted over and NO BACKROOM DEALS NO KICKBACKS AND NO BUYING VOTES like they did. this is just a little of what they have planed for the u.s more is yet to come. do you also know that when they passed this they also got contol of student loans yes that was in the deal 2. so now they own the banks the car dealers and studnt loans what eles r they going take before they decied they have take enough from everyone? for thoese of you that this is going to help i,m glad but for thoese of you this is going to hurt know that me and more then half of american is still out there fighting for you. the student loan bill was a tack on bill just like they did when the passed the gambling bill on us. they knew this was going to pass so they tacked on a few other ones that they wanted passed 2.

Stop listening to the fear Republicans are putting out and try and learn about what exactly this health plan is about. You clearly are running on fear and not facts. You parents taxes and health care rate will certainly not go up. I already wrote here that prices will go down 20 percent if not more. There will be an insurance exchange and you have more choices to buy in to a plan you can afford. Now your family being on a fixed income, does not take in 250,000 a year. Because this is what you have to make for your taxes to go up.If no change was made in health care, your parents would end up Loosing health care insurance. The rates will continue to rise as they have without control over the insurance companies. I would not panick and drive yourself crazy about this. You can't change this anyway and when things do start, then let us know if all the situations you think will happen to you with this health care change, really start happening.

Stop listening to the fear Republicans are putting out and try and learn about what exactly this health plan is about. You clearly are running on fear and not facts. You parents taxes and health care rate will certainly not go up. I already wrote here that prices will go down 20 percent if not more. There will be an insurance exchange and you have more choices to buy in to a plan you can afford. Now your family being on a fixed income, does not take in 250,000 a year. Because this is what you have to make for your taxes to go up.If no change was made in health care, your parents would end up Loosing health care insurance. The rates will continue to rise as they have without control over the insurance companies. I would not panick and drive yourself crazy about this. You can't change this anyway and when things do start, then let us know if all the situations you think will happen to you with this health care change, really start happening.

i do have my facts and i,m not running on fear i have been in this fight since last year and belive me i have done my homework. alot of people r walking around with blinders on not seeing whats really going on. but like i said before we will agree to disagree and keep it on a friendly note. as i said some see this as good some bad only time will tell and i do hope u r right but as for this being passed it will be taken to court frist. as it is unconstitutional. and if this is such a good thing then how come over 60% of the people in the u.s dont want it? and how come so many states (36) r saying no to this?doctors and even obamas own cousin was outside potesting and scearming no and thats pertty bad when ur own family don,t agree with what ur doing. r you telling me that they r all wrong? and as for me being able to change this i will cont to fight until it goes to court and then after if i have too. does it not borther you that they did not listen to any of us. it seems to me that this was a power struggle between the u.s people and obama reid and polasky so they could pound their chest and say we won we won. but they do know that they will be voted out in nov and obama will only serve one term he will not be voted in again. you know i really do wish that they had a law that it had to be even in the senate that way none of thoese fools up there could push anything thought unless they were all together on it but that is just wishful thinking caz if it was that way then nothing would get done caz none of them up there can agree on anything lol. with that i bid you all a goodnight and hope tomorrow is a better day.:oops: oh yes i might add this they will be voted out that is if we r even allowed to vote when that time rolls around.

i do have my facts and i,m not running on fear i have been in this fight since last year and belive me i have done my homework. alot of people r walking around with blinders on not seeing whats really going on. but like i said before we will agree to disagree and keep it on a friendly note. as i said some see this as good some bad only time will tell and i do hope u r right but as for this being passed it will be taken to court frist. as it is unconstitutional. and if this is such a good thing then how come over 60% of the people in the u.s dont want it? and how come so many states (36) r saying no to this?doctors and even obamas own cousin was outside potesting and scearming no and thats pertty bad when ur own family don,t agree with what ur doing. r you telling me that they r all wrong? and as for me being able to change this i will cont to fight until it goes to court and then after if i have too. does it not borther you that they did not listen to any of us. it seems to me that this was a power struggle between the u.s people and obama reid and polasky so they could pound their chest and say we won we won. but they do know that they will be voted out in nov and obama will only serve one term he will not be voted in again. you know i really do wish that they had a law that it had to be even in the senate that way none of thoese fools up there could push anything thought unless they were all together on it but that is just wishful thinking caz if it was that way then nothing would get done caz none of them up there can agree on anything lol. with that i bid you all a goodnight and hope tomorrow is a better day.:oops: oh yes i might add this they will be voted out that is if we r even allowed to vote when that time rolls around.

:thumbsup: Ditto............Talk about Dems taking a roll under the bus in Nov. instead of listening to the people that sent them to Washington to do the peoples business, it should be interesting to see what November holds for them, was it worth jumping off the cliff to save face with the ruling parties or doing what the American peoples voices wanted?...........laurie

does it not borther you that they did not listen to any of us.

YES, and it has been bothering me since 2000 when the REAL votes were disregarded and the snakes slithered into the white house.

This IS government, no one can be happy with everything they do, and let's face it, the corporations control it anyway.
That being said, I am happy we at least have a president who is trying to balk against some of that and get some things done. I do not agree with everything Obama does, and I TOTALLY disagreed with just about everything GW (and the Vampire Overlord Mr. Dick) did. But what is being done now by the Rep. Party (OK maybe the extreme right Rep. members is more accurate) is disgraceful. I am so tired of these people tossing out bullshit to scare Americans who take things at face value and get everyone all whipped up in fits of rage over severly exaggerated claims. At this rate, If they don't step back and stop this we are going to be headed for another civil war!
This country doesn't need division within. I wish we could erase all party lines and just let the government RUN itself.

YES, and it has been bothering me since 2000 when the REAL votes were disregarded and the snakes slithered into the white house.

This IS government, no one can be happy with everything they do, and let's face it, the corporations control it anyway.
That being said, I am happy we at least have a president who is trying to balk against some of that and get some things done. I do not agree with everything Obama does, and I TOTALLY disagreed with just about everything GW (and the Vampire Overlord Mr. Dick) did. But what is being done now by the Rep. Party (OK maybe the extreme right Rep. members is more accurate) is disgraceful. I am so tired of these people tossing out bullshit to scare Americans who take things at face value and get everyone all whipped up in fits of rage over severly exaggerated claims. At this rate, If they don't step back and stop this we are going to be headed for another civil war!
This country doesn't need division within. I wish we could erase all party lines and just let the government RUN itself.[/QUOTE]

But then we wouldnt be a Nation of the People by the People and the Constitution wouldnt be worth the old paper its written upon, now would it?:rolleyes:

Laurie

You know I'm a dem and I have no love for anybody that puts their party before their country. Before I go trying to find something wrong with either party I go to the source myself.

I don't mean the republicans or the democrats site. Their are plenty of sites that give you the facts of this healthcare bill without looking favorable on any party.

I really don't care who's in the whitehouse as long as it's in the best interest of this country period! If they can come together and get things done then hell I'm satisfied but when you look at the republicans and they are going to say no to anything that Obama does it is purely premeditated and unfair. Look past his political affliation and see that he is trying his best to work with both parties to get this country back on it's feet.

I don't believe November will be as big a problem as some of you are hoping for. We will all lose if nothing gets done. Where was all this upheaval when Bush ran this country amuck with Cheney and all those back room deals with Halliburton.

This country doesn't need division within. I wish we could erase all party lines and just let the government RUN itself.

but thats just it they r trying to divid us easyer to take over. and we r heading for anoughter civil war if not now then when they try to take r guns. which is already in the works. i know we needed healthcare reform but again if u read my other post NOT THE WAY THEY HAVE DONE IT. NO BACKROOM DEALS NO KICKBACKS NO BUY OFFS. obama will be reambered for not listening to 60% if not higher of the american people and states that r saying they will go broke if they have to put this into action. FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE. if this is such a good bill then how come when obama was asked if he would use the same healthcare for his family he did not answer and how come when some of the sentors were asked the samething they said we will think about it but then went and pass a bill its call the kenndy bill that make them 100% exmitp from having to have the same healthcare that they now want us to have. does that not make you wonder if its good enough for the u.s people then why is it not good enough for them? or r they above what they give us and if they don,t want it they just pass a bill gezzz i wish i could just sign a bill to make all of them disappear so we could all start over with all new people. but anyway have a great day.

I wish we could erase all party lines and just let the government RUN itself.[/QUOTE]

But then we wouldnt be a Nation of the People by the People and the Constitution wouldnt be worth the old paper its written upon, now would it?:rolleyes:

Laurie

Perhaps my wording wasn't clear enough...what I meant is shitcan the 2 party system. Or at the very least a revamp of what these supposed 2 systems ARE. In my eyes there isn't much difference between them anyway, not anymore.
By no means am I saying rid ourselves of democracy :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back