Toronto Canada attacked

lockinlove

Staring into the sun
PABaccred
PABnononaccred2
PABinit
Very sad day for Canada. I live 1 hour from Toronto and was listening to the radio when an alert came on that a man later named Alek minassianin drove a rental van onto the sidewalk for approx 1km trying to kill anyone he could.

Sadly, so far 10 have been announced to have been killed and 16 injured. There have been some pretty horrific footage and eye witness claims which include him hitting a child in a stroller and it flying through the air.

Here is pretty intense footage of the arrest which shows the suspect pointing a gun? cellphone? at the officers enticing them to shoot him. The police showed restraint and did not kill the suspect and arrested him.

Last edited:
A horrific event and thoughts toward to the victims and families.
To point out, the thread title may be misleading, as to date, 'Police said the act seemed deliberate, although early indications do not point to an act of terrorism' and 'They also do no believe the suspect is associated to any organised terrorist group.'

Not to say it may or may not have a different result, but the kid is a local college student from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) so, 'Toronto Canada attacked' at this stage is more 'Act of carnage in Toronto, Ontario'.

This loser tried to suicide by cop and failed.

Edit: To clarify, he told the cop that he had a gun in his pocket and reached for it several times...even pointed his cell phone at the cop. He then asked the cop to shoot him in the head.

Wish the cop would have "accidentally" shot him in the knee. Egotistical fucker just stole a lot of lives and ruined a ton of others.

Last edited:
A horrific event and thoughts toward to the victims and families.
To point out, the thread title may be misleading, as to date, 'Police said the act seemed deliberate, although early indications do not point to an act of terrorism' and 'They also do no believe the suspect is associated to any organised terrorist group.'

Not to say it may or may not have a different result, but the kid is a local college student from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) so, 'Toronto Canada attacked' at this stage is more 'Act of carnage in Toronto, Ontario'.

What early indications can possibly come from the same day investigations? Furthermore, this same type of attack has been known as a very common terrorist attack in the past. Lastly, your point of where he lives means absolutely nothing. There is nothing wrong with the thread title and your jump to that all of things is pathetic to say the least.

What early indications can possibly come from the same day investigations? Furthermore, this same type of attack has been known as a very common terrorist attack in the past. Lastly, your point of where he lives means absolutely nothing. There is nothing wrong with the thread title and your jump to that all of things is pathetic to say the least.
Pathetic is getting bent out of shape for providing an opinion.
An opinion by the way substatiated by the authorities

Edit: To clarify, he told the cop that he had a gun in his pocket and reached for it several time...even pointed his cell phone at the cop. He then asked the cop to shoot him in the head.

Wish the cop would have "accidentally" shot him in the knee. Fucker just stole a lot of lives and ruined a ton of others.
We don't have the death penalty but a large popular consensus certainly wouldnt mind if that had happened.
It's an awful, awful event.

Yet one possible explanation has emerged online that suggests Minassian was angry over being rebuffed by women.

A Facebook post by a man with the same name and the same photo as the one that appears on Minassian's LinkedIn profile refers to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger," a 22-year-old responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people deadand a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering men like him "incels," a term that stands for "involuntarily celibate."

Rodger referred to the men who always seemed to win with women as "Chads" and the women who turned men down as "Stacys."

The posting that appears to be by Minassian says the "incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys."

Edit: To clarify, he told the cop that he had a gun in his pocket and reached for it several times...even pointed his cell phone at the cop. He then asked the cop to shoot him in the head.

Wish the cop would have "accidentally" shot him in the knee. Egotistical fucker just stole a lot of lives and ruined a ton of others.

I wonder if that cop will get in trouble for that? He was by himself with a guy who just killed almost a dozen people and the guy threatened he had a gun in his pocket and pretended to reach and draw on him. If this was murica or many other places that guy would have been lit up

Were people of Toronto Canada attacked today?
Never said they weren't
My post has nothing to do with attacking you so I've zero clue why you're taking it personally.
My post was pointing out, before many readers, which they inevitabbly will, draw the conclusion of a terrorist attack, when at this stage we only only know some local whackjob mowed down a bunch of civilians. I didn't quote you - it's for the benefit of readers.
So I'm unclear why it bothers you I'm posting and adding insights to the thread.

yeah, it was on the news this afternoon. Sad as sad can be.
I never heard, what happen to the child in the stroller, did they say?

Never said they weren't
My post has nothing to do with attacking you so I've zero clue why you're taking it personally.
My post was pointing out, before many readers, which they inevitabbly will, draw the conclusion of a terrorist attack, when at this stage we only only know some local whackjob mowed down a bunch of civilians. I didn't quote you - it's for the benefit of readers.
So I'm unclear why it bothers you I'm posting and adding insights to the thread.

A terrorist attack is the first thing that comes to mind as its been their modus operandi.

I wonder if that cop will get in trouble for that? He was by himself with a guy who just killed almost a dozen people and the guy threatened he had a gun in his pocket and pretended to reach and draw on him. If this was murica or many other places that guy would have been lit up

He'd get in trouble for aiming at the knee if proven guilty but wouldn't get in trouble if he actually killed him. There's enough proof on video to show that he could legitimately fear for his life; he didn't have to call the bad guy's bluff.

Cops in North America are trained to shoot center mass and only center mass for various reasons. If they shoot it's to kill, they are not allowed to shoot to disable or to hurt.

A terrorist attack is the first thing that comes to mind as its been their modus operandi.
Oh, I'm not stating it may not turn out to be one.
I'm saying it may well be just some scorned, screws-loose-in-the-head 20something.
Time will fill in the details.

He'd get in trouble for aiming at the knee if proven guilty but wouldn't get in trouble if he actually killed him. There's enough proof on video to show that he could legitimately fear for his life; he didn't have to call the bad guy's bluff.

Cops in North America are trained to shoot center mass and only center mass for various reasons. If they shoot it's to kill, they are not allowed to shoot to disable or to hurt.
Yeah, that officer showed remarkable restraint. I'd wager any 99 other of 100 would have popped a few in him

No no I mean will he get in trouble for not shooting the guy given the circumstance. I bet his wife will slap him at the very least :laugh:

Yeah, that officer showed remarkable restraint. I'd wager any 99 other of 100 would have popped a few in him

He gambled with his own life and won but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the right decision under these circumstances. It's OK not to shoot if you see a cell phone, but when he reaches for his pocket you shouldn't take a chance there. The guy just killed 10 people, he's a murderer on a rampage... it's not a random guy trying to get attention/help.

It's been a scary bit here; this, the hockey kids, major traffic accidents, the university student who killed 6 in the mosque

FB is usually all cat memes and the news cycle other countries - it's been a rough first quarter

I think if it was darker outside the cop would have shot him.

Never said they weren't

I never thought you were attacking me. A thread title that is not inaccurate. Canadians were just killed. Toronto was attacked. It isnt misleading and my OP didnt even use the word terrorism or religion or anything else. And you focused on a thread title there was nothing wrong with. So yeah I thought it was pathetic. But not to the point I want to fight over it, just think its a bit ridiculous is all. I think you think, Im more upset over it than I actually am.

And by the way any agency or politician that claims it isnt terrorist related hours after an attack like that has either been told by the liberal party to use those words or is just straight up not qualified for their job. It takes days to make that verdict. Anything less is a political agenda. And because of this I dont think we will ever find out the truth if they are already trying to play games.

He gambled with his own life and won but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the right decision under these circumstances. It's OK not to shoot if you see a cell phone, but when he reaches for his pocket you shouldn't take a chance there. The guy just killed 10 people, he's a murderer on a rampage... it's not a random guy trying to get attention/help.

Especially given that he was by himself and the guy stated he had a gun and pretended to draw from his pocket. Its the best case scenario for this cop because now they get to interrogate him to see exactly where this leads if anywhere. My uncle was detective here in Ontario and I know some of the tactics they use. Most of it revolves around a serious lack of sleep and non stop questions for a couple days until the mind gets weak and the guy gives in, or there is nothing to tell or is strong enough to withhold. But the next couple of days for this guy wont be very fun.

It's been a scary bit here; this, the hockey kids, major traffic accidents, the university student who killed 6 in the mosque

FB is usually all cat memes and the news cycle other countries - it's been a rough first quarter

Look at the USA. Another shooting by some deranged guy who decided to walk into waffle house and shoot people up. I would have to do some research but it seems as though North America is becoming the breeding ground for terrorists and lunatics to take out their anger and I think alot of it has to do with the media coverage they get. Lonely sickos looking for some sort of fame they will never get anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back