this must be a broken random number generator

too bad it wasnt cash game with a bad beat jackpot, someone was going to be happy. Nice cards dealer.

It's Pokerstars. The Black Simple background, IIRC. And Stars CS staff is so good, you could probably get an honest answer from them if you asked them if this hand actually happened.

i just sent them a email to see if it's real or fake :thumbsup:

ok the offical remarks from poker stars --->

Hello rockycatt

There's no way for me to verify that hand. I looked at a few of the accounts involved and some of them have only played for play money, and we don't log play money hands.

It certainly is *possible* that this happened; anything can happen in poker. And since we've dealt close to 90 billion hands, that puts it squarely in the realm of possibility. (There are few things in poker that are more than a billion-to-one, so everything that *can* happen in poker has probably happened on PokerStars in the last 11 years.)

However, there is reason to believe this is a fake image. The biggest tip-off is that the image has been cropped to remove the hand information at the top of the table. Almost every doctored hand we see does this, because it removes the hand number which can sometimes be used for identification.

Also, there is no chat in the chat box, despite it being the end of the hand. At the very least, you would usually see the dealer awarding the pot. It seems this was removed.

And that little smiley face that's at the lower left of the image is an indication that this is a joke -- it's not on the table.

So like I said, it could have happened, but it's doubtful it's real. It's very likely photoshopped.

Regards,

Scott
PokerStars Poker Room Management Team

Last edited:
Even though it looks very unlikely, all outcomes are actually equally likely for a random number generator, so e.g. AA has the same chance as 29.

Even though it looks very unlikely, all outcomes are actually equally likely for a random number generator, so e.g. AA has the same chance as 29.

I understand what you meant, but the chance of get AA is very different of get 29. In the deck there are 4 aces (6 combos of AA) and there are 4 deuces and 4 nines (16 combos of 29).

AA = AsAc AsAd AsAh AcAd AcAh AdAh
29 = 9s2s 9s2h 9s2c 9s2d 9h2s 9h2h 9h2c 9h2d 9c2s 9c2h 9c2c 9c2d 9d2s 9d2h 9d2c 9d2d

Last edited:
I understand what you meant, but the chance of get AA is very different of get 29. In the deck there are 4 aces (6 combos of AA) and there are 4 deuces and 4 nines (16 combos of 29).

AA = AsAc AsAd AsAh AcAd AcAh AdAh
29 = 9s2s 9s2h 9s2c 9s2d 9h2s 9h2h 9h2c 9h2d 9c2s 9c2h 9c2c 9c2d 9d2s 9d2h 9d2c 9d2d

I think he meant AcAh is dealt just as frequently as 9c2h.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back