"The Poetry of Science" w/ Dawkins and deGrasse Tyson

Balthazar

The Governor
This is nearly 2hrs long but it's so good that it feels way too short. Trust me, if you like science you'll like it.

A discussion between two well articulated and very intelligent men, an evolutionary biologist and an astrophysicist:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link to a truly interesting conversation, although I would have liked to hear a little more from the Oxford biologist.

Thanks for the link to a truly interesting conversation, although I would have liked to hear a little more from the Oxford biologist.

Dawkins tends to be a little quieter than deGrasse Tyson. He's very knowledgeable about evolution and biology but I find he's pretty tame in a debate. deGrasse Tyson is a lot more outspoken. He can be funny at times with his subtle ironies and mild sarcasm. Even in discussions like this when both guests are in agreement, Dawkins never really seems to take center stage much. I think it's just his personality although he has been known to get some good really polite jabs in during evolution/creation debates.

Dawkins tends to be a little quieter than deGrasse Tyson. He's very knowledgeable about evolution and biology but I find he's pretty tame in a debate. deGrasse Tyson is a lot more outspoken. He can be funny at times with his subtle ironies and mild sarcasm. Even in discussions like this when both guests are in agreement, Dawkins never really seems to take center stage much. I think it's just his personality although he has been known to get some good really polite jabs in during evolution/creation debates.

True. NDT takes the entertainment route to pass his knowledge while RD is more about facts. Their personalities are very different but both are great.

Here's the first time that they interacted with each other and I believe that it explains it all (short 2 min clip).

I will watch it all at the weekend.

I like Tyson. He is smart and articulate enough to have the sense to make his views understandable to most people. And his sense of humor is so needed in this type of forum.

I would like to add Lawrence Krauss "something from nothing" also with Richard Dawkins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back