New Slot Announcement The Legend Of Shangri-La by Netent

goatwack

Get dunked, big buns!
I'm willing Tibet this ends up being as popular as that other great Netent game, Aloha Cluster Pays :(

electronictonic

The Legend of Shag-Ya-Argh...

Nothing new or special imho, just a reskin of

Aloahrghhhh Balance Buster Nopays

slot_zombie

A sequel to Aloha Cluster Pays, you say?

Instant addition to the "do not play" list...

Harry_BKK

Dormant account
Well, it is the same as Aloha but Netent thought it would be a good idea to add a few psychological tricks.

1. Randome 3rd Scatter
- when the third scatter lands on a reel to the right of the first 2 scatter and just outside the game window then the monk on the side randomly nudges the missing scatter onto the reels.
- this does not mean it will give the Free Spins more often but is adding more so called "heart stopper" teasers to the game play

2. Random Sticky Re-Spin where it adds symbols
- on Aloha it happens only if you have minimum 9 symbols in a cluster
- on this one it can re-spin if you have 2 clusters of minimum 5 symbols separated by one reel.
- again "heart stopper" teaser as in over 90% it adds no further symbols or in such a way that the two cluster do not connect (the 90% are from my 5K+ test spins)
- again, it doesn't mean that the Random Re-Spin will pay more than on Aloha.

In essence, more psycho-warfare, but similar winning potential as Aloha! Disgraceful! :eek: ....Some numbers:

Aloha - Shangri-La
RTP: 96.42% - 96.59%
RTP Sticky Re-Spin: 13.78% - 12.63%
RTP Free Spins: 19.28% - 19.15%
Free Spins Frequency: 0.50% - 0.41%

tataru

Registered
I've played this a fair bit and it feels WAY worse than Aloha.
The freespins seem harder to get and the base game is basically a true egg timer.

prop82

Experienced Member
Well, it is the same as Aloha but Netent thought it would be a good idea to add a few psychological tricks.

1. Randome 3rd Scatter
- when the third scatter lands on a reel to the right of the first 2 scatter and just outside the game window then the monk on the side randomly nudges the missing scatter onto the reels.
- this does not mean it will give the Free Spins more often but is adding more so called "heart stopper" teasers to the game play

2. Random Sticky Re-Spin where it adds symbols
- on Aloha it happens only if you have minimum 9 symbols in a cluster
- on this one it can re-spin if you have 2 clusters of minimum 5 symbols separated by one reel.
- again "heart stopper" teaser as in over 90% it adds no further symbols or in such a way that the two cluster do not connect (the 90% are from my 5K+ test spins)
- again, it doesn't mean that the Random Re-Spin will pay more than on Aloha.

In essence, more psycho-warfare, but similar winning potential as Aloha! Disgraceful! :eek: ....Some numbers:

Aloha - Shangri-La
RTP: 96.42% - 96.59%
RTP Sticky Re-Spin: 13.78% - 12.63%
RTP Free Spins: 19.28% - 19.15%
Free Spins Frequency: 0.50% - 0.41%

In the end most slots have a rtp around these numbers and of course it does not suddenly increase to 99 % because features are different or makes freespins easier to trigger because of added features like nudged scatters.
But in my opinion these psycological tricks like you call them ( and what they are, but you could also just call them a feature like in any other slot ) are the reason you enjoy playing a slot. or you dont when they are boring.
For me this one is more entertaining then aloha with the same potential.

Harry_BKK

Dormant account
In the end most slots have a rtp around these numbers and of course it does not suddenly increase to 99 % because features are different or makes freespins easier to trigger because of added features like nudged scatters.
But in my opinion these psycological tricks like you call them ( and what they are, but you could also just call them a feature like in any other slot ) are the reason you enjoy playing a slot. or you dont when they are boring.
For me this one is more entertaining then aloha with the same potential.

Agree, after some 10,000 more spins in fun play (work purposes) I have to say it is more entertaining than Aloha, although I like the Tiki tease when 2 scatters are on the reels or the volcano erupting on a big win.

Tourettesguy

Troll - PITA
One of the worst slot ever made..also its rigged. Its not random when I play 2 hours for 50cent having around 100% payut&...staying around €100 balance all the time...and exact moment I change to €1 bets Im getting a payout of about 5%...strait down to bust...biggest win 3,5x... And "slots are not rigged, thay are random all the time and no knowing of betsize"....LOL my a**!

legenden1

PABnonaccred

Ok game but not as good as Aloha. Frustrating when the dragon comes to destroy wilds after every freespin. Did a couple of hundred spins and at least managed 200 x bet so not completely worthless

Attachments

• shangrila.jpg
    shangrila.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 181

ankanp

Banned User
An OK game

Wow, a lot of negativity here regarding this game! I for one think it's a pretty good game. I've even reviewed it here (warning: Swedish website).

Like someone said early on in this thread, it's a follow-up to Aloha! Cluster Pays. I don't think the game is that bad, but of course there are many slots that have more features and are more action packed.

Last edited by a moderator: