The 2016/2017 football season predictor thread

Fulham do us every bloody year :mad:

It's been like this for as long as I can remember.....add to that the massive expectation at St.James's and that we're getting nervous with so few games to go I can see us clinging on for 2nd if I'm being honest :eek:

Don't think we'll have a problem scoring in the Prem but boy, that defence!

I think that Huddersfield are the best team in the league so we really do have to worry about gaining auto promotion. I can't see Brighton slipping up.

Next week I am going to bet on the opposite team that I think will win.

If you could replace 6 teams in the premier with 6 from the championship/lower leagues who would you swap? Mine would be to swap Sunderland,Middlesbrough,Bournmouth,Burnley,Watford and Swansea and replace them with Millwall,both Sheffields ,Leeds,Wolves and Newcastle.
I chose Millwall just to see them get relegated with no points at all.

I think that Huddersfield are the best team in the league so we really do have to worry about gaining auto promotion. I can't see Brighton slipping up.

Next week I am going to bet on the opposite team that I think will win.

If you could replace 6 teams in the premier with 6 from the championship/lower leagues who would you swap? Mine would be to swap Sunderland,Middlesbrough,Bournmouth,Burnley,Watford and Swansea and replace them with Millwall,both Sheffields ,Leeds,Wolves and Newcastle.
I chose Millwall just to see them get relegated with no points at all.

I'd pluck Watford, Burnley, Swansea, Middlesbrough, Leicester and Sunderland and replace them with:

Newcastle, Fulham, Sheff Wed, Leeds, Forest and Blackburn. I'm old-school like that :cool:

Honourable mentions: Villa, Wolves, Reading

I chose mine by their great support as well as their historic pedigrees. Millwall just to see their fans suffer when they get their arses kicked by cricket scores every week :D

I chose mine by their great support as well as their historic pedigrees. Millwall just to see their fans suffer when they get their arses kicked by cricket scores every week :D

Why not really go for it and revise the Premier League?

Here's my 20 teams:

1 Macclesfield

2 Shrewsbury

3 Blackpool

4 Crawley Town

5 Plymouth Argyle

6 Stanley

7 Charlton

8 Bromley (10 minutes by 126 bus)

9 Boreham Wood

10 FC United of Manchester

11 Whitehawk

12 Barnet

13 Margate (would make for a nice day out)

14 Hungerford Town

15 Blackheath (used to live there)

16 Bognor Regis

17 Metropolitan Police

18 Vauxhall Motors

19 Newcastle Utd

20 Barcelona

^^^^ Ha ha. I live in Crawley.
I'm all for equality in most regards but I would add the England Ladies team just so as to shut those deluded folk up who insist that Women's sports stars deserve equality in every sport that they compete in.
And just for shits and giggles I would shoe in the England Ladies Rugby team into the Premier Football League too :D

Huddersfield should be entered at crufts and not be playing football.
Newcastle should be in the Scottish leagues.
Manchester United should move down South so their fans can save money watching the home games.
Reading should just cease to Exist.

And.......

17155738_795109250646960_8733568932165592711_n.jpg

Seriously though....

Villa, Leeds, Newcastle and Forest should be in Prem where they belong.

Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford and Hull should never be in the Premiership.

Pains me to say it, but Huddershite has got a very good chance of nicking one of the 2 top spots.
Also pains me to say that I think Leeds are still going to be in the Championship next season.

I think we will still be in the play offs, although Fulham could nick a place at the expense of either the piggies or (yawn) Reading.
But a game like yesterday at home and not a single shot on target was ridiculous.
Now Ayling is banned for 2 matches due to yellow cards.

Leeds should have put their hands in thier pockets in January as other teams were strengthening, well except Newcastle but they have a good squad, but would need to spend some money if they went up, we would need to spend a hell of a lot if we went up, cant rely on Wood.
Teams are now coming to Elland road with a Plan and have sussed our game out (Cardiff, QPR)

Still Brighton and Newcastle to play :eek2:

Pains me to say it, but Huddershite has got a very good chance of nicking one of the 2 top spots.
Also pains me to say that I think Leeds are still going to be in the Championship next season.

I think we will still be in the play offs, although Fulham could nick a place at the expense of either the piggies or (yawn) Reading.
But a game like yesterday at home and not a single shot on target was ridiculous.

Leeds should have put their hands in thier pockets in January as other teams were strengthening, well except Newcastle but they have a good squad, but would need to spend some money if they went up, we would need to spend a hell of a lot if we went up, cant rely on Wood.
Teams are now coming to Elland road with a Plan and have sussed our game out (Cardiff, QPR)

Newcastle players need a rocket up their arses. They are on premier league wages and we have a very big squad. I am getting a bit worried about gaining auto promotion because,for me,Huddersfeild are playing some very good football.
Still, if we miss promotion then we can look forward to the local derbies against the cheesy chip munchers and Middesbrough

Newcastle players need a rocket up their arses. They are on premier league wages and we have a very big squad. I am getting a bit worried about gaining auto promotion because,for me,Huddersfeild are playing some very good football.
Still, if we miss promotion then we can look forward to the local derbies against the cheesy chip munchers and Middesbrough

If Huddersfield do go up, I think they will struggle.
All the town fans were happy yesterday as it was the last day of Crufts.

BTW Colin, can you bet on Brighton this weekend please :laugh:

If Huddersfield do go up, I think they will struggle.
All the town fans were happy yesterday as it was the last day of Crufts.

BTW Colin, can you bet on Brighton this weekend please :laugh:

Bet on them winning or losing? :cool:

Here's my tips for tomorrow at Cheltenham

1:30 Beyond Conceit EW

2:10 Altior Win

2:50 Noble Endeivor EW

3:30 The New One EW

4:10 Colin's Sister EW

4:50 Beware of The Bear EW

5:30 Its a Freebee EW

I will probably skip betting on the 2:10 and have a Canadian and a yankee on 

I would imagine that after all of their troubles in the past they are keeping an eye on balancing their books

ok, so todays racing, I love Cheltenham, and never win, but hey ho lol. I do have a small ante post bet on that I did last week which hopefully all will run in, 3 at chelt and 1 in grand national (cause of causes)

Today I like

2.50 Holywell, can't see this being out the 1st 3
4.10 Apple's Jade, same as above
4.50 Beware the Bear
5.30 Gold Present

40p EW Lucky 15, would have been 50p but won £12 from paddy power free spins so used that lol.

Also got a few doubles on from various £5 free bets I had with Coral and Skybet.

A longshot in the opener is Labaik at 40-1, it will either run very well or refuse to race in my view. I've done £20 win with Skybet as you get it back as a free bet if it loses. I think Melon is the worst priced horse I have seen for ages, it 'might' win, but so might 10 others and 3-1 is ridiculously short. River Wylde is another I like in that race, may do a small rfc on them. Good luck today everyone.

Also been told darvie in the 1.45 Southwell is expected to win

ok, so todays racing, I love Cheltenham, and never win, but hey ho lol. I do have a small ante post bet on that I did last week which hopefully all will run in, 3 at chelt and 1 in grand national (cause of causes)

Today I like

2.50 Holywell, can't see this being out the 1st 3
4.10 Apple's Jade, same as above
4.50 Beware the Bear
5.30 Gold Present

40p EW Lucky 15, would have been 50p but won £12 from paddy power free spins so used that lol.

Also got a few doubles on from various £5 free bets I had with Coral and Skybet.

A longshot in the opener is Labaik at 40-1, it will either run very well or refuse to race in my view. I've done £20 win with Skybet as you get it back as a free bet if it loses. I think Melon is the worst priced horse I have seen for ages, it 'might' win, but so might 10 others and 3-1 is ridiculously short. River Wylde is another I like in that race, may do a small rfc on them. Good luck today everyone.

I have settled on an EW Canadian. Colin's Sister is a none runner so I have taken 130 beyond conceit 250 Noble Endervor 330 The New One 410 Lifeboat Mona and 450 beware the bear.
Good luck old chap :thumbsup:

I have settled on an EW Canadian. Colin's Sister is a none runner so I have taken 130 beyond conceit 250 Noble Endervor 330 The New One 410 Lifeboat Mona and 450 beware the bear.
Good luck old chap :thumbsup:

Nevermind that Colin, looking at Newcastle's next two home games I fancy a cheeky punt on Burton for a sneaky 2-1 away win and Wigan to do us 3-0.

You know it's true :eek::eek2:

Nevermind that Colin, looking at Newcastle's next two home games I fancy a cheeky punt on Burton for a sneaky 2-1 away win and Wigan to do us 3-0.

You know it's true :eek::eek2:

I wonder if Raffa is planning a mass clear out even if we do get promoted? I honestly think that quite a few are only there for the money and are just doing enough. At the moment I don't think we are playing well enough to deserve go up.

Fecking hell! That is sick. Congrats mate. Got any tips for this week?

---> Col being :puke:

Well it was a speculative bet. I was convinced if it ran it would run well, and was a bet to nothing as was money back, had a fiver rfc with River Wylde too, if it had got 2nd instead of third would have doubled the winnings, if it wasn't money back if didn't win I wouldn't have had a penny on it though so :thumbsup: to skybet for that promo :D

My main bet today is Holywell, and just stuck another £25 EW on it and a tenner RFC with Singlefarmpayment, the EW in store and RFC online. Still over £700 up on the day if I get nothing back, and if not I won't have another bet. :thumbsup:

Well it was a speculative bet. I was convinced if it ran it would run well, and was a bet to nothing as was money back, had a fiver rfc with River Wylde too, if it had got 2nd instead of third would have doubled the winnings, if it wasn't money back if didn't win I wouldn't have had a penny on it though so :thumbsup: to skybet for that promo :D

My main bet today is Holywell, and just stuck another £25 EW on it and a tenner RFC with Singlefarmpayment, the EW in store and RFC online. Still over £700 up on the day if I get nothing back, and if not I won't have another bet. :thumbsup:

I quite fancy Forest Bihan EW in the next. Win or lose,once I have placed my bets for the day I rarely bother betting any more for the day. I recall too well standing in the bookies all day until I was skint. But sometimes I'll stick a bet on in the evenings races too if i've done well

Thats pretty much me too, I used to do exactly the same, thats why now, win or lose i stop with what I decided to back earlier in the day, only exceptions are times if I win a lot and I can pt a little more on something I really fancy, or if I get a bit of info on something later in the day that I trust.

Nice racing to watch today, not as sure about the betting side, but here goes.

In the 1.30 I really don't like Neon Wolf, I don't think he will like the ground, and the price is, like Melon's yesterday, too short. That said a lot have it as a banker for the meeting so will be betting with Skybet again for the moneyback as a free bet if you back a loser. I do like Consul De Thaix, trainer is in decent form and the owner is shrewd enough to have lined this up for this race. Also probably do a £5 RFC with the favourite just in case. £20 win on it as my first bet of the day.

I'll be doing a 50p EW Lucky 15 on these

2.10, I really like Might Bite, but the price is too short for my L15, so my second choice would be Whisper which is the one going in.

2.50 Modus should be involved in the finish, I have Old Guard in ante post bets at 25-1 and 40-1.

3.30 Douvan should win this without breaking sweat, but I'm not sure about Mullins horses at the moment, but regardless, Gods Own I feel should get a place in this without any trouble.

5.30 I have Someday in a couple of ante post bets at much higher prices than the 8-1 generally available at the moment, so going to go for Irish Roe in this bet, at around 20-1. Depending on how the day has gone at this point I will likely have a forecast with the 2 too.

I've also got 2 x £5 free bets with Coral, which one is going on a double with Might Bite and Neon Wolf just in case they do scoot up, they win I win, they lose, costs me nothing :)

Also have an ante post position on Prospectus in the Fred Winter, which I'm starting to regret.

The 17 year old Jack Kennedy will be the next big thing after Ruby Walsh I think and his two bookings today will get my money.Hes picked up a ride today on Brelade and Icario.
Todays EW Canadian is

130 Brelade

210 Whisper

330 Tin Soldier

410 Cantlow

450 Icario

I thought about taking two EW Canadians to include 250 Tombstone and 530 Next Destination but as I'm already own on the meeting I opted not to bother
Good luck :thumbsup:

Not great results so far, Whisper beaten a nose, the double let down the Neon Wold being beaten a head, Modus and Old Guard 6th and 7th, Douvan beaten and not getting a place on Gods own, but Cause of Causes was an excellent result, put £40 on it last week at 33-1 for the National, now into 14's, so will lay it off to get a free bet on it now, which is what I hoped for.

Free £20 bet from Skybet is going on Divin Bere in the next and Fayonagh in the last as a 50-1 double

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back