The 2016/2017 football season predictor thread

No all or nothing :(

YORKHILL in the opener was going to be my strongest bet of the festival, but Mullin's form has put a stop to that. I am still having a big bet on it but not as big as I was going to, as the only one I can see beating him is Top Notch, but after Douvan etc, it is a possibility.

EMPIRE OF DIRT is the one in the 2.50 for me, and I don't know how anyone can bet against UNOWHATIMEANHARRY in the 3.30, with Shaneshill to come 2nd.

Not sure how to stake on them yet, I was going to have £100 on Yorkhill but the Mullins form has put me off, Hills are going 2-1 in store at 9am tomorrow, which is good, but puts me off even more, bookies don't give money away, so will probably do a £30 or so treble and see after the first race if my view on the rest of the day changes.

No all or nothing :(

YORKHILL in the opener was going to be my strongest bet of the festival, but Mullin's form has put a stop to that. I am still having a big bet on it but not as big as I was going to, as the only one I can see beating him is Top Notch, but after Douvan etc, it is a possibility.

EMPIRE OF DIRT is the one in the 2.50 for me, and I don't know how anyone can bet against UNOWHATIMEANHARRY in the 3.30, with Shaneshill to come 2nd.

Not sure how to stake on them yet, I was going to have £100 on Yorkhill but the Mullins form has put me off, Hills are going 2-1 in store at 9am tomorrow, which is good, but puts me off even more, bookies don't give money away, so will probably do a £30 or so treble and see after the first race if my view on the rest of the day changes.

Congrats on Yorkhill. I had it too in a double with Un De Sceaux in the 2.50

My EW Canadian for today is 210 Tobefair 330 Nicols Canyon 410 Thomas Crapper 450 Airlie Beach and 530 Potters Legend

Good luck :)

Congrats on Yorkhill. I had it too in a double with Un De Sceaux in the 2.50

My EW Canadian for today is 210 Tobefair 330 Nicols Canyon 410 Thomas Crapper 450 Airlie Beach and 530 Potters Legend

Good luck :)

I didn't have time to update this this morning, so at the risk of aftertiming, I did a £30 treble on my 3 main selections, and £20 with Skybet on Top Notch. Reasoning being, I thought TN would be the only one that could beat YH (and if it wasn't for that mistake think he would have) so if it won I would get about £100 that I could put on a double for the next 2, if YH won then I would get the £20 back as a free bet, which I could reinvest on the other 2 and probably tobefair in the 2.10.

I have heard good things about Tobefair this morning, also about Golden Doyen

I didn't have time to update this this morning, so at the risk of aftertiming, I did a £30 treble on my 3 main selections, and £20 with Skybet on Top Notch. Reasoning being, I thought TN would be the only one that could beat YH (and if it wasn't for that mistake think he would have) so if it won I would get about £100 that I could put on a double for the next 2, if YH won then I would get the £20 back as a free bet, which I could reinvest on the other 2 and probably tobefair in the 2.10.

I get the impression,given that tobefair was up with the running 3 out and was said to be "unfortunately last -Tobefair" that the horse is in a bad way :(

How did your betting work out today? I got a great touch with the Yorkhill and Un De Sceaux double and the Canadian gave a slight profit.

My EW Canadian today at Cheltenham is 210 Air Horse One 330 Cue Card 410 Ask The Weatherman 450 Rather Be 530 Le Prezien
My EW double is on 130 Defi Du Seuil and 250 Death Duty.

I took a small yankee on 240 Fakenham Little windmill and at Lingfeild 110 MS Gillard 145 Gold Flash 225 Here and Now

Last edited:
Good luck with those today, the doubles looking good :) done the same 2 but with Djakadam for a fiver treble.

Battleford and No Comment are both really well fancied in the 4.50, doing a £20 SFC in that order and a £10 RFC as a saver.

Apart from a small EW Lucky 15 on all Walsh's ride except Djakadam (Minella Rocco in that race) not doing anything else as yet.

Good luck with those today, the doubles looking good :) done the same 2 but with Djakadam for a fiver treble.

Battleford and No Comment are both really well fancied in the 4.50, doing a £20 SFC in that order and a £10 RFC as a saver.

Apart from a small EW Lucky 15 on all Walsh's ride except Djakadam (Minella Rocco in that race) not doing anything else as yet.

I am not confident that Death Duty will win the 2:50 and thats why I took the each way double with Defi Du Seuil.

I strongly fancy Cue Card to win against Djakadam. In this race last year Cue Card was going very well until he fell and I can't see him falling this time.
Good luck today Col :lolup:

I am not confident that Death Duty will win the 2:50 and thats why I took the each way double with Defi Du Seuil.

I strongly fancy Cue Card to win against Djakadam. In this race last year Cue Card was going very well until he fell and I can't see him falling this time.
Good luck today Col :lolup:

I'm not confident about any of them, my free £20 bet from skybet has gone on

2.50 Augusta Kate
4.10 Wonderful Charm
4.50 Battleford

£10 EW treble, I'll be very surprised if at least 2 of the 3 don't get placed, and all 3 have good chances of winning in my view.

I ended being slightly up for the week with the gee gees but I enjoyed it regardless :D

With my profit for the season standing at £60.92 my £5 football accumulator today is on Palace,Burnley,Leicester,Brentford,Ipswich and Norwich which gives a return of £1627.38 at Paddypower.

My EW Canadian today is on Uttoxeter 1:50 Broughtons Rhythm 3:00 Aengus 3:35 Final Nudge and at Kempton 2:40 Casper King 3:15 Sir Note

I didn't have time to post before the racing, or even put a football bet on, but had a good day, a treble up, shown below so I don't get accused of aftertiming :D and just cashed out a £5 in play treble for £300+, shown below again :). How have yours got on, haven't had a chance to check results properly, I did have another £20 treble that lost and an EW Lucky 15 that gave stake back.

Screenshot (2).jpg

Screenshot (3).png

I didn't have time to post before the racing, or even put a football bet on, but had a good day, a treble up, shown below so I don't get accused of aftertiming :D and just cashed out a £5 in play treble for £300+, shown below again :). How have yours got on, haven't had a chance to check results properly, I did have another £20 treble that lost and an EW Lucky 15 that gave stake back.

View attachment 76884

View attachment 76885

Congrats on your winnings :thumbsup:

My bets today bombed but I didn't lose much as a few each ways came in. Its squeaky bum time for Newcastle now after that draw,but the brum keeper had a blinding game so I hear :(

cheers mate, I think Newcastle will be ok, even if they come second its still promotion, and while top is better the aim surely is to get back in the premiership.

I was surprised to get a decent cashout, usually coral are awful, had to wait 20 mins for it to be available as the first game had over 10 mins injury time, and the market is suspended from about the 88th minute, was expecting to be offered £100 or so, especially as the team in the ss had already been pegged back to 2-2 a few mins before, which they took the lead again from quickly, so quickly took the £300+, one goal in both games with almost 20 mins left wasn't worth the risk.

I've already placed a bet for today and I opted for Dragon De La Tour in that race. I took two small win Yankees after having a very good weekends slotting :lolup:

I haven't had a chance to look at anything today, but stuck £20 EW on it as he's gave me plenty of winners in the past and well up last week from Cheltenham then Saturday :)
Good luck on yours today :thumbsup:

My bet for the forthcoming internationals are Holland,Cyprus, N.Ireland,the bloody Scots,Poland and Denmark. £5 accumulator returns £414.04 at Paddy Power.

My racing bets for today are.
EW Yankee- Maydan. 12:50 Beautiful Romance. 1:25 Epicharis 2:00 Ertijaal 2:35 Morawij

And my EW Canadian is on Newbury 1:50 Coolking 2:25 Gurkha Brave 3:00 Tara View 3:35 Don Bersy and Kelso 3:15 Baywing

My £5 accumulator for todays football from my £50.92 profit for the season is Spurs,Hull,Leicester,Watford,Villa and Ipswich for a return of £385.

I have took 2 yankees.
Kempton 205 Fire Fighting 240 Dutch Golden 315 Noble Gift and Stratford Goodnight Charlie

And at Doncaster
225 Nimr 300 Dawn of hope 335 George Cing and 550 Glorious asset

With a £45.92 profit my £5 accumulator for today is on a win for Chelsea,Man City,Liverpool,Spurs,West Brom and West Ham for a return of £139.11

For the National I have taken Vieux Lion Roughe and Wonderful Charm,both each way. And a E W Canadian with:-

1:45 Fountains windfall 2:25 Finians Oscar 3:40 I Just Know 5:15 Vieux Lion Roughe and 6:15 So Celebre

Just added in a small E W Yankee with Lingfield 3:10 Ruby Wednesday 4:15 Take The Helm and Chepstow 2:50 Bletchley Castle and 4:05 Thundering Home.

Big day today. All small bets but I have a lot of "chances" all which will probably fall flat on their faces :mad: :oops: , We'll see,,,,,

Footy Acca: Man City, West Ham, Cardiff, Leeds, Cambridge, Exeter, Portsmouth (£61 from a £2 stake)

BTTS: Midd/ Burn, Card/Brent, Bury/Brad, North/Sheff, Scunth/Bolton, Colch/Steven 9Just under £30 from £1 stake)

GN:

Causes or Causes / More of that - got 14/1 on both - £2 straight wins

Thunder n Roses for my poor long suffering Mom :p

Kids chose La Vatican (100-1, can have a tenner each if that wins :p) and The Young Master!

Something I got 'talked into' which I've not done for years is 2 x £1 Hotpicks on tonight's Lotto, lets hope it a sign of a good omen.

Big day today. All small bets but I have a lot of "chances" all which will probably fall flat on their faces :mad: :oops: , We'll see,,,,,

Footy Acca: Man City, West Ham, Cardiff, Leeds, Cambridge, Exeter, Portsmouth (£61 from a £2 stake)

BTTS: Midd/ Burn, Card/Brent, Bury/Brad, North/Sheff, Scunth/Bolton, Colch/Steven 9Just under £30 from £1 stake)

GN:

Causes or Causes / More of that - got 14/1 on both - £2 straight wins

Thunder n Roses for my poor long suffering Mom :p

Kids chose La Vatican (100-1, can have a tenner each if that wins :p) and The Young Master!

Something I got 'talked into' which I've not done for years is 2 x £1 Hotpicks on tonight's Lotto, lets hope it a sign of a good omen.

I've never done well on the National. Even on the works sweepstakes I've never won anything. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back