The 2016/2017 football season predictor thread

From a dwindling profit of £35.92 this weekends £5 Football accumulator is on Bournemouth.Liverpool,Everton,Man U,Hull and Sheffield Wed for a return of £152.94 at PaddyPower
I am hoping that Spurs beat Chelsea just to make things more interesting at the top of the Prem :D

I missed last weekend so with a meagre profit of £30.92 my £5 accumulator is on Bournemouth,West Brom,Hull,Leicester,Everton and Villa which pays £855.39.
Now where is the Horsey bet thread? :D

I missed last weekend so with a meagre profit of £30.92 my £5 accumulator is on Bournemouth,West Brom,Hull,Leicester,Everton and Villa which pays £855.39.
Now where is the Horsey bet thread? :D

Now with only £25.92 in my kitty this weeks accumulator is a bit more careful. £5 on Bournemouth,Man City,Southampton,Arsenal,Swansea and Rangers returns £141.25 @ PaddyPower

Last edited:
Going to have £20 on Sanchez to score & Mustafi and Xhaka to be carded at 20/1 with skybet for tonights game, Sanchez obviously scores regularly, Mustafi 9 yellow cards in 24 apps, Xhaka 5 in 25, and 2 red, obviously you can never be confident with a bet like this, but in my view it would come in more than once if the game was played 20 times, so is value.

Always think results are dodgy as anything at this time of year, so put a £5 free bet on a 10 fold, pays about £2k if it comes in

footie.jpg

footie2.jpg

Going to have £20 on Sanchez to score & Mustafi and Xhaka to be carded at 20/1 with skybet for tonights game, Sanchez obviously scores regularly, Mustafi 9 yellow cards in 24 apps, Xhaka 5 in 25, and 2 red, obviously you can never be confident with a bet like this, but in my view it would come in more than once if the game was played 20 times, so is value.

Always think results are dodgy as anything at this time of year, so put a £5 free bet on a 10 fold, pays about £2k if it comes in

View attachment 78282

View attachment 78283
Quite a few top players with a history of getting red cards have a clause in their contracts that rewards them at the end of the season for obtaining less that 3 reds or so in a season. They may have such a contract and feel safe about getting their rewards even if they are carded today :D

Well,it has inspired me to go to the offy and buy a bottle before the game starts :D
Will this be Lanky Pete's last run out in the Premier before he's sold to the Cheesy Chip munching Mackems?

I have to be the worst football predictor ever. My forecasts have been terrible, ever since Iceland stuffed England :oops:

Well done Colin on your win!

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I have to be the worst football predictor ever. My forecasts have been terrible, ever since Iceland stuffed England :oops:

Well done Colin on your win!

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Where did you get that ^^^^ Emote from? :eek:

I was expecting to go all season with only the one correct forecast. I was going to include Reading today so I'm glad I didn't. Next year I will stick to more reasonable bets.
Cheers :)

After the return of £141.25 from last weeks wager I am left with a profit for this season of £162.17 :D

My last £5 accumulator is going to be a seven fold banker :cool:

Arsenal,Chelsea,Spurs,Leicester,Liverpool,Man City and Man U.For a £5 accumulator the return at Paddy Power will be £71.67.
I wanted to include South Shields to win the FA Vase today but I could not find any betting for it :(

After the return of £141.25 from last weeks wager I am left with a profit for this season of £162.17 :D

My last £5 accumulator is going to be a seven fold banker :cool:

Arsenal,Chelsea,Spurs,Leicester,Liverpool,Man City and Man U.For a £5 accumulator the return at Paddy Power will be £71.67.
I wanted to include South Shields to win the FA Vase today but I could not find any betting for it :(

Well you've been as unlucky as me today with only one team knocking you out.

My 2 bets for the weekend, put them in store as never stopped today

IMG_20170521_165354.jpg

IMG_20170521_165418.jpg

Bloody Arsenal knocked me out the handicap by 1 goal
Madrid currently winning 2-0, need one more goal in the game from either team, or more than 1 as long as Madrid win, then just waiting on Lazio if it comes in. Watching bits of the game it looks like Bilbao are likely to score if any though! No doubt either this game will end up 2-0 or Lazio will knock me out just to sum up my whole football season :(

Well you've been as unlucky as me today with only one team knocking you out.

My 2 bets for the weekend, put them in store as never stopped today

View attachment 78550

View attachment 78551

Bloody Arsenal knocked me out the handicap by 1 goal
Madrid currently winning 2-0, need one more goal in the game from either team, or more than 1 as long as Madrid win, then just waiting on Lazio if it comes in. Watching bits of the game it looks like Bilbao are likely to score if any though! No doubt either this game will end up 2-0 or Lazio will knock me out just to sum up my whole football season :(

Bloody hell,you where unlucky! all of mine won except for Leicester who had about half an hour at 1-1 to stick one more in. If they fluff a few chances tonight while watching MOTD I will probably kick next door cat ( I will have to break in first as its a house cat) :(

Bloody hell,you where unlucky! all of mine won except for Leicester who had about half an hour at 1-1 to stick one more in. If they fluff a few chances tonight while watching MOTD I will probably kick next door cat ( I will have to break in first as its a house cat) :(

Isn't it soooo annoying when you just miss out, I would rather all the teams lost than lose out by 1 goal, I was watching SSN and Arsenal fluffed 2 or 3 good chances apparently, and had a player sent off early, so thats just my luck.
On the upside AM won 3-1, so just waiting on tonights Lazio match
Lazio have won their last 2 home games 7-3 and 6-2, Milan have lost their last 3 away games, 1-0, 5-4 and 2-1, and in Lazio's last 5 games there have been 31 goals scored, averaging 6 per game, so thought the win and over 2.5 was worth a go at 6/4. Whats the betting its 0-0 haha. Only thing that i was doubting was neither team really have anything to play for, but that was offset by 4th is better than 5th (but doesn't affect CL next season or anything) and lazio are guaranteed 4th if they win, and they are at home, just hope they don't settle for 1-0.

Isn't it soooo annoying when you just miss out, I would rather all the teams lost than lose out by 1 goal, I was watching SSN and Arsenal fluffed 2 or 3 good chances apparently, and had a player sent off early, so thats just my luck.
On the upside AM won 3-1, so just waiting on tonights Lazio match
Lazio have won their last 2 home games 7-3 and 6-2, Milan have lost their last 3 away games, 1-0, 5-4 and 2-1, and in Lazio's last 5 games there have been 31 goals scored, averaging 6 per game, so thought the win and over 2.5 was worth a go at 6/4. Whats the betting its 0-0 haha. Only thing that i was doubting was neither team really have anything to play for, but that was offset by 4th is better than 5th (but doesn't affect CL next season or anything) and lazio are guaranteed 4th if they win, and they are at home, just hope they don't settle for 1-0.

Good luck tonight. The only thing I hate about summer is no football and the onset of cricket and golf!
I'll have to take a good luck at my predictions from the start of this thread then all I will have left for a few months is the geegee's to bet on

Well 3 goals in first half (so far) in the Lazio game, unfortunately Lazio are getting beat, after one of the most stupid own goals I've ever seen, Lazio have been far better, have a bad feeling now lol.

Something wasn't right with that Lazio game, it was as if they wanted to lose!

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Championship playoff final today. I don't understand how Huddersfield are favourites for this, they scraped through the semi finals after a penalty shoot out, and stats before that were 4 wins out of 11 played, as opposed to Reading's 8/11 wins. They also finished below Reading in the table.

I had a £5 free with Skybet so have put it on a longshot of Kermorgant 1st goal, and Hogg 1st card at 100-1.

Coral have an offer on this weekend where you bet £10 on any cup final and get £10 in free bets (in store) so am going to do £20 on Reading to win @ 5/2, also doing £5 each on HT/FT Reading/Hudds & Hudds/Reading.

They also have a price boost on Kermorgant to score 2 or more goals, from 11/1 up to 20/1. He has scored in 7 out the last 9 games, and scored 2 twice in those, I think 11/1 is quite generous, 20/1 is massive. Obviously not a bet to go in massively, but value wise its outstanding in my view. Would he score 2+ goals in any game if this was played 20 times, I think he would, so the value is there, so putting £20 on that too.

Something wasn't right with that Lazio game, it was as if they wanted to lose!

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Championship playoff final today. I don't understand how Huddersfield are favourites for this, they scraped through the semi finals after a penalty shoot out, and stats before that were 4 wins out of 11 played, as opposed to Reading's 8/11 wins. They also finished below Reading in the table.

I had a £5 free with Skybet so have put it on a longshot of Kermorgant 1st goal, and Hogg 1st card at 100-1.

Coral have an offer on this weekend where you bet £10 on any cup final and get £10 in free bets (in store) so am going to do £20 on Reading to win @ 5/2, also doing £5 each on HT/FT Reading/Hudds & Hudds/Reading.

They also have a price boost on Kermorgant to score 2 or more goals, from 11/1 up to 20/1. He has scored in 7 out the last 9 games, and scored 2 twice in those, I think 11/1 is quite generous, 20/1 is massive. Obviously not a bet to go in massively, but value wise its outstanding in my view. Would he score 2+ goals in any game if this was played 20 times, I think he would, so the value is there, so putting £20 on that too.

For me Huddersfield where the most impressive team in the Championship when they where on form. I think that the game could be a cracker.

Just a very brief summation of my predictions at the start of the season. My predictions where shit :rolleyes:

For me Huddersfield where the most impressive team in the Championship when they where on form. I think that the game could be a cracker.

Just a very brief summation of my predictions at the start of the season. My predictions where shit :rolleyes:

First part of my predictions were pretty swell. We'll ignore the second part - I peaked too soon :cool:

I agree, however i don't think they are on form at the moment, whereas Reading are. Having said that Cup Finals do tend to throw up unpredictable results so I always class my bets on them as informed guesses rather than anything else. I do like the 2+ goals bet for Kermorgant though, I can't see Reading playing to go to penalties, and if either team scores in the first half I think there will be 3 or 4 goals, if that happens then Kermorgant has to have a chance of getting at least one of them.

I agree, however i don't think they are on form at the moment, whereas Reading are. Having said that Cup Finals do tend to throw up unpredictable results so I always class my bets on them as informed guesses rather than anything else. I do like the 2+ goals bet for Kermorgant though, I can't see Reading playing to go to penalties, and if either team scores in the first half I think there will be 3 or 4 goals, if that happens then Kermorgant has to have a chance of getting at least one of them.

I've just taken a small bet on Izzy brown to score first for his team at 9/2 with Paddy Power just for shits and giggles :D

My most under performed team of this last season is West Ham. I really thought that they had so much going for them in terms of revenue. I bet they buy big before next season

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back