Slot Games-- How much per spin do you normally wager?

tim5ny

Non-Gambler
As most of us know, the slots can be friend or foe in a very extreme manner and that's just the nature of the beast. We've all had times when we could do nothing wrong and the credits keep increasing at an incredible rate... and we can all attest to the opposite side of this scenario. When it's an uphill climb, and nothing seems to be going right, even a wager of only .90 cents a whirl can quickly reduce your bankroll by hundreds of dollars in no time. In the winners screenshots section, I've seen many screenshots with wagers of $9.00/spin, all the way up to $22.50/spin, and even a couple @ $45.00/spin. I'm a little curious to know what kind of wager you will stake on slots on a normal basis, and if you're committed to one or two different favorites, or wheather you bounce around and try different slots. I find myself getting "stuck" quite often on Thunderstruck and Ladies Night waiting for the tide to turn, and it doesn't always happen. Also, as a side note, I was playing 32Red yesterday, and unlike some of the other times, that new slot called "Out of this World" (or some name like that) kept hitting the bonus round time after time until I probably went into nearly 15 or so bonus rounds. My wager was small, and most of the winnings were the same, but it really is a great game when it's going your way.

My wager is based strictly on my bankroll (as most people's probably are). Since my deposits are normally in the $100-$200 range, I usually start out at $2.25 per spin, and only dip to .90 if im doing really bad. Then when I get to $300, I move up to $4.50, and usually go to $9 if im lucky to get up to $800. Thats just my own silly formula.

On a happy note, on RTG I usually bet $3 on their single line slots. I happened to get my balance up to $2,000 last nite and started betting $15 per spin, and for the first time ever I got 3 7's on their Lucky Lightenin' slot!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, im turning into a big RTG fan again :)

My normal wager is $9 on Thunderstruck and similar slots, but I have been playing with $45 spins from time to time.

funeralparty said:
My wager is based strictly on my bankroll (as most people's probably are). Since my deposits are normally in the $100-$200 range, I usually start out at $2.25 per spin, and only dip to .90 if im doing really bad. Then when I get to $300, I move up to $4.50, and usually go to $9 if im lucky to get up to $800. Thats just my own silly formula.

On a happy note, on RTG I usually bet $3 on their single line slots. I happened to get my balance up to $2,000 last nite and started betting $15 per spin, and for the first time ever I got 3 7's on their Lucky Lightenin' slot!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, im turning into a big RTG fan again :)
That's $12,500!!!

$12,500! Very nice! I hate single line slots because I've never won anything on them. Everything seems to land above or below the payline, and it drives me crazy. I do remember one time that I did a couple of spins on Jurassic Jackpot with a $5.00 or $10.00 bet and won somewhere around $500.00 or a little more, but that's about it for single liners.

Yes, $12,500 would be correct!! Im just glad I was playing at Geisha, so I should have no problem getting paid. Normally im not a big fan of single line slots either, but over the past 5 years I have probably hit maybe 10 jackpots on single line slots (none however at $5 coin until now :) ) I think ive only hit maybe one jackpot on the multi-lines. So from my experience the single lines are cheaper and tend to pay better. Sure they arent as exciting....but I got pretty exited seeing those boring sevens line up!

It largely depends on my bankroll. But i tend to play the "free spin" slots like Tstruck and Ladies Night. I maybe start at $1.80 a spin and every 50 spins without the free spins dropping in, i go up a level - $2.25, $2.70, $3.60 etc.

tends to work well in terms of giving a decent time in a session but you have to know when to stop - something i'm not terribly good at ;-)

Oh one thing i noticed...only a generalisation, but on Tstruck, if i get the fre spins and they pay badly, i do 10 spins after at a higher stake as i tend to find it takes th episs by dropping in a decent win like its laughing at you for not getting it during the freebies!

Simmo!

Since alot of you posted that you will do x number of spins before raising or lowering the bet, I assume that most of you use the auto-play feature. That's the one option that makes the Viper software so nice. Treasure Nile used to be my favorite game with the old MG software because it would spin alot longer and there was more excitement waiting for each reel to drop in one at a time, whereas the same game on the newer software practically drops all five reels in at the same time and it's over very quickly. The two slots that I seem to gravitate to the most lately are Thunderstruck and Ladies Night. There seems to be alot more bonus-round action on these two... for me at least. I like Mermaid's Millions, Tally Ho, and Tomb Raider, but I can't get a bonus round to save my life... especially on Tomb Raider. When things seem to dry up, I'll shoot over to High-5 mega-spin and hope for lucky hit on the run, and of course, when all else fails, there's multi-hand video poker. $9.00/spin is a bit rich for my blood to start with right away, but if I get on a winning streak, and my bankroll builds up a bit, I can see myself going for it.

Wager depends on bankroll & target.
Being a low-roller, generally from as low as 18c to $2.25/spin max. after ages with no feature.
At MG's I have a love/hate relationship with Laura Croft. I've had my biggest wins and greatest losses with her. She can be a gorgeous lover, or a heartless b*tch who twists you round her finger and laughs in your face. :(

My best wins however, have come from Crypto 9-liners. They may be second rate for graphics & excitement - but when they pay - they pay! ;)

Last edited:
tim5ny said:
Treasure Nile used to be my favorite game with the old MG software because it would spin alot longer and there was more excitement waiting for each reel to drop in one at a time, whereas the same game on the newer software practically drops all five reels in at the same time and it's over very quickly.

The outcome is determined the moment you hit the button - the extended spinning is purely for heightened effect. As such, you could say the newer version is less "deceptively" constructed, though of course the reason for the greater speed is to part you with your money quicker.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited:
slots lover

Im a slots lover only with bonuses. My usual bets range from 9$ to up to 45$ per bet. Actually i have been betting cleopatras gold with 100$ bets a couple of times.

-kavaman

caruso said:
The outcome is determined the moment you hit the button - the extended spinning is purely for heightened effect. As such, you could say the newer version is less "deceptively" constructed, though of course the reason for the greater speed is to part you with your money quicker.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

You're correct, and I realize this, but I was speaking on terms of the game being more exciting to me the way it used to play rather than on the Viper software.

funeralparty said:
Yes, $12,500 would be correct!! Im just glad I was playing at Geisha, so I should have no problem getting paid. Normally im not a big fan of single line slots either, but over the past 5 years I have probably hit maybe 10 jackpots on single line slots (none however at $5 coin until now :) ) I think ive only hit maybe one jackpot on the multi-lines. So from my experience the single lines are cheaper and tend to pay better. Sure they arent as exciting....but I got pretty exited seeing those boring sevens line up!

I may have to give the single-liners more consideration in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back