Skrill to increase bank withdrawal fees

Avernite

Experienced Member
PABnononaccred
Got an email recently from Skrill announcing the change from a fixed fee to a percentage based fee as of December. This would increase it from roughly 10NZD to 7.5% of the amount. Absolutely insane, will definitely stop me from using their service.

Not quite as extreme in Europe, but will be "Up to" 3.99% uncapped (with a minimum of €3.50) - so providing a small saving for smaller withdrawals (up to €138) and then a potentially hefty bill on larger amounts (e.g. €1000 will go from €5.50 fixed to €39.90 in December).

Not quite as extreme in Europe, but will be "Up to" 3.99% uncapped (with a minimum of €3.50) - so providing a small saving for smaller withdrawals (up to €138) and then a potentially hefty bill on larger amounts (e.g. €1000 will go from €5.50 fixed to €39.90 in December).
I'll provide a direct quote from their website:

"Please note that we are making changes to the Withdraw to Bank Account fee to Up to 7.50% of your transaction amount, but no less than EUR 5.50. The changes will enter into force on 20 December 2023 and by accepting the Skrill Account Terms of Use you also agree to the new Withdraw to Bank Account fee that will govern our relationship with you and the way we provide the Skrill Service to you."

Bit annoying considering their only other withdrawal method (cards) is 7.5% as well. Just downright greedy.

Indeed, it looks like they are applying regional variation without making it clear, as a UK visitor that statement reads (emphasis added):
Please note that we are making changes to the Withdraw to Bank Account fee to Up to 3.99% of your transaction amount, but no less than EUR 3.50. The changes will enter into force on 20 December 2023 and by accepting the Skrill Account Terms of Use you also agree to the new Withdraw to Bank Account fee that will govern our relationship with you and the way we provide the Skrill Service to you.

Was disappointed once I saw it. SEPA Eur - Eur transfers are free nowadays and they charge this much.
At least they could make their MasterCard Vip Statuses available to everyone, not just high-roller gamblers.

my skrill vip has 0 charger on withdraw, but deposit was free, now they charger £0.10 for every £10 you make deposit

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back