Security certificates

I hate my ISP, I truly do. I frequently can't access my webmail, and unfortunately it's what I set most things up with a long time ago. Choices pricewise are not great where I live.

Today I'm running into security certificate errors, with several different browsers. There is a recorded message saying ignore the out-of-date warning and how to do so in IE and Firefox. I get an error with Chrome too.

When I do log in ignoring certificates, I do get my mail, but it's not showing as secure. The recorded telephone message tells me there is no security risk, but I'm not sure I believe them.

If there's no lock at the top of the address bar, am I secure viewing or composing mail?

So if they have a recorded message telling you to ignore the warning, they obviously know there's a problem. Did the certificate expire just a few days ago? If so I'd wait til after the first of March and log in and see if you're still getting them. Personally I wouldn't risk it using the account if you're sending or receiving mail with anything like account numbers or financial information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back