Reel King Progressive Millionaire Claiming Benefits

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

"First time playing" - check

"Went to the toilet" check
Interesting as I read an article just before about this guy but it was in the daily mirror and it said he won it on pig wizard so something isn’t adding up in this story it also didn’t mention benefits in the daily mirror

So basically Irish travellers being looked after by UK taxpayers, obviously so overloaded with state benefits they can afford to gamble on slots. Which they won on and continue claiming money from us.

Wow you really do hate minorities don’t you
No, I hate people taking the piss when there's priorities such as waiting lists and run-down schools to address. That money would employ another schoolteacher or care worker.

Well child tax credits are means tested so thats a load of shite for a start. They wouldn't get it for the two youngest children either.
As much as savings wouldn't affect CTC, the interest from it would, or assumed interest. That would, on that amount, pretty much wipe out CTC payments, which will come in in the next assessment period for them.

Not sure why them being travellers or where they are from should be mentioned, just comes across as racist being honest.

I hate it when I see this type of comment though 'He doesn't work due to being a full time unpaid carer to our son who needs him on hand all day, every day. '. So he's looking after his child then? I look after my granddaughter 4 days a week and have never mentioned to anyone I do it 'unpaid'. Its what you do, look after your children. Any decent parent wouldn't expect to be paid.

No, I hate people taking the piss when there's priorities such as waiting lists and run-down schools to address. That money would employ another schoolteacher or care worker.
Ok so there aren’t any British people who take the piss too? you don’t have to be a minority or immigrant to take the piss all walks of life take the piss personally coming from a Irish background the travellers have been shunned from every were And treated like second class citizens and if anything they need help and support. Most traveller children are only educated to age 11 so they are hardly taking the piss out of the school system

Whole thing reads like an ad.
How many times did they mention it was his first time playing, and how many times bet365 was mentioned.

"Yo, you got a shitload of kids and are struggling financially!??!!, come win a couple millions playing our slot for the first time"
Or something like that.

Whole thing reads like an ad.
How many times did they mention it was his first time playing, and how many times bet365 was mentioned.

"Yo, you got a shitload of kids and are struggling financially!??!!, come win a couple millions playing our slot for the first time"
Or something like that.
Yes that’s what I thought especially the one I read in the mirror

Ok so there aren’t any British people who take the piss too? you don’t have to be a minority or immigrant to take the piss all walks of life take the piss personally coming from a Irish background the travellers have been shunned from every were And treated like second class citizens and if anything they need help and support. Most traveller children are only educated to age 11 so they are hardly taking the piss out of the school system
Oh we have lots of freeloaders whom are not immigrants. Usually labour supporters with loads of kids living in a council house.

It reads different, from other sources though.....

Husband Scoops £3.75 Million After Placing £2 Bet - But Can Still Claim Benefits
Last updated 16:51, Monday 16 December 2019 GMT

The best thing that usually happens to us when we return from the toilet is our mate buying us another drink. But for Shelley Roche it was the news that she would soon be a
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Tommy and Shelley Roche - who have eight kids - spent £58 on Bet365's £2-a-go Reel King Slot when they won big.
Tommy couldn't believe it when he pocketed the £3.75 million on 10 October and assumed their £3,000-a-month benefits would stop when he rang HMRC

Tommy and Shelley, both 30, were then told that while their housing benefit and income support would stop - they will still get other benefits that they claim.
The pair were astonished to discover they will still get child benefit, child tax credits and disability living allowance for some of their kids - aged 12, 10, nine, seven, five, three, one and eight months.
The family are now set to move from their three-bed council house in Eltham, south east London, to a £850,000 ($1.13 million USD), six-bed pad in Dover, Kent, with stables next week.

Tommy, who was unemployed for two years before the win, has also bought five cars - some for family - and a quad bike to drive at his new home, he said.
The pair never went out as a family by car because they only had a VW Beetle, but now have a fleet of cars and are next set to add a BMW X5 to it.
The dad, who refused to say how much he was getting in benefits now, said: "I spent £60 online on Bet365 and won just under four million.
"We were new to the slots. It was about half 1 in the morning we got on there, obviously we had kids to sort and stuff. Next minute you know, we've become millionaires.
"I think we woke the whole neighbourhood. It was unreal - you don't expect to win that, just under four million quid.
"It means a lot, yeah. I've got eight kids, we still get to keep our benefits - other than income support. I've barred myself from going back on Bet365 already - I'd rather go and spend my money."

Shelley, who grew up in Woolwich, added: "It's tax-free money. We rung HMRC, we rung all the benefit offices. The only thing which did stop is income support.
"Obviously it's child benefit and child tax credit, so it's for the kids. So we told them the percentage we get from the bank, and we still get that.
"I tried to stop it, but they said it's for your children. They said you don't have to stop child tax credit because it's for the children.
"It's not an income for me and Dad - income support is for me and him. Child tax credit and benefit is for the children. My housing benefit has stopped. We're doing everything right and above board."

Tommy has been out of employment since he worked at a recycling centre and Shelley is a full-time carer to one of their sons who has ADHD. They also have a 10-year-old daughter who is autistic and an eight-year-old son who has hyperactive disorder.
Speaking about their new home, Shelley added: "We are buying a six bedroom place, with a one-bedroom granny annexe. It has planning permission for a two-bedroom bungalow. It has horse stables and three acres of land.
"We like Dover, it's out of he way and quiet and near the seaside so the kids will love it with the beach. They kids will have to move schools. We are going to invest in buying some other houses and renting them back to the council. And maybe buying a salon or a cake shop."
She continued: "Tommy has bought a new shape Transit van and an ST 3 Ford Focus. I've bought myself a new Vauxhall Corsa and we are going to buy a BMW X5. We had one car before, it was a VW Beetle. Tommy won't get rid of it.
"We didn't have a car for us all to go out in. So we didn't go out past 4pm when the kids were home from school. We had to use public transport.
"I want to go to New York and Disneyland with the kids. But I've got to get passports from them. They haven't got them. We have only been to Sheerness. It's truly life changing."

Not quite the same slant as the Daily Mail (unsurprisingly) puts on it

Last edited:
Oh we have lots of freeloaders whom are not immigrants. Usually labour supporters with loads of kids living in a council house.
Hahaha is that a Stab at me? I don’t live in a council house mate!! And are you insinuating I have a shed load of kids? Pathetic. What dunover said had blatant racist undertones and I’m quite frankly starting to get sick of it. He gets away with murder cos he is admin. He’s made racist remarks on travellers remarks on Muslim people and black people shocking making me want to stay well away from this forum

Hahaha is that a Stab at me? I don’t live in a council house mate!! And are you insinuating I have a shed load of kids? Pathetic. What dunover said had blatant racist undertones and I’m quite frankly starting to get sick of it. He gets away with murder cos he is admin. He’s made racist remarks on travellers remarks on Muslim people and black people shocking making me want to stay well away from this forum

Best stay away from his lob sided BTG reviews if that irritates you ;)

but yeah, he’s an arse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back